Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our help desk. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow different page layouts for calendar views and single events

I would love if the calendar was one page layout (in my case full width) and an event page a different one (in my case with a sidebar). The calendar needs lots of room so it makes it sense to display it full width but for an event page I would like to show ads and other content in a sidebar.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Form fields are missing labels. Please add them for ADA compliance.

Form fields are missing labels. Please add them for ADA compliance.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. elementor

Elementor is the biggest thing to hit Wordpress and is growing in popularity and ability on day by day basis.

It's time that Tribe should make Elementor a priority for easy integration and allow the non-intermediate users the ability to adapt their websites.

I am sure a simple widget plugin to bring in the relevant meta data would suffice to start

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  0 comments  ·  The Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Notify organizer when event is created

I Would love to have the possibility that as soon as an event is created an email is send to the organizer.

Or the possibility to add instructors to an event who are notified that an event is created

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make external event link a button or word instead

Where we can make a External Event link a button instead of the full external link. If the external link to the event is quite long it doesn't make a pleasant design. The long external links are ungly on their own in body content of a blog post. If we could use the words "link" or external website.

I also posted this to the WordPress forums.
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/make-external-event-link-a-button-instead?replies=2

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Have Calendar Widget show next 5 events regardless of month

in the calendar widget there are "only" shown events that are in the future of the current month. (I selected to show 5)
    but if there are events in the following months and not in the present, it does only show the calendar, but not the next events.
    sure, if I "switch" the month in the widget to another month, the events of this future or past month are shown, but the customers are lazy, they want to have it like:
    when calling the site, show the X(5 in my case) upcoming events and only if i switch to future…

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Event Slider

Ability to add code to a slider to display one event per slide. The code syntax would contain the first, second, third, etc event to be displayed. A slide template would be available for customization. Expired events would not be displayed. Provide an alternate default slide in the case where there are no upcoming events.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add 'today' option to the admin page filter

At the Filters & Columns area of the Events admin page, the user may add a 'Start date' filter and save it. This is convenient for future use. It would be even better to give the saved filter the ability to use today's date as a parameter.

But when choosing the start date 'date' from the dropdown calendar, there is no option to choose 'today' as the date. Another solution may be to add 'On and After Today' and 'On and Before Today' to the 'Start Date' dropdown menu.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Community Events > Only show My Organizers or Venues

It would be great if the Organizer could be a registered user with certain role attribute for that user. For example is a user is an author a drop down list of all the users (who are authors) could be linked as the organizer for an event(s).

This feature could also be very useful in the community events form. The logged in user should be the default organizer. The Admin can determine whether this can be changed or not depending on restrictions that the admin can set.

Would love to see this feature!

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Year View

I have had users asking for a year view -- for planning purposes. They are able to go from month to month, but occasionally events run over month lines they lose concentration clicking from month to month. Plus, it does give an over-all view when making assessments and yearly time considerations.
    Plus, it seems like it might be a fairly easy addition -- just a screen shot of all the months together.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you guys so much for your feedback. Work on this is about 50% complete.

However, when we reanalyzed our priorities we realized that some of our new features, like year view, should be put on hold for now to make time for some higher impact endeavors. We are currently focused on bug fixes, architecture improvements, and polishing our current UI. While these improvements are not as “flashy” as new features like year view, they are helping a significantly greater portion of our users than this sort of new feature. Thus, we have to focus on these for a while longer. Once those tasks are complete we will have some extra time for exciting things like finishing year view.

Cheers!
    - The Modern Tribe Support Team

11. More information in ticket email templates

Add more information to email templates for a range of events. Emails templates could possibly list.
    - Name Of Event
    - Image of event
    - Description of event
    - Ticket information
    - Important information
    - Event date/time
    - Location Information (venu)
    - Map of event location
    - Company Contact details

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add social share options

Add an option for these custom posts (each event) for social sharing (FB, twitter, etc. etc.) which will allow visitors to share directly a particular event from the event page.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improve list view to display all events per month/week/year/day etc.

The List view is probably the Event Calendars strongest selling point in my personal opinion.

But it could be even better.

Right now, the list view will display XX number of events, grouped into Months.
    It will NOT however, display ALL the events occurring in that month on the same page, if there are more events then XX. Instead it will break the month view into two.
    Likewise it will also display two months on the same page if there is not enough events in the first month to generate a page break.

It is potentially confusing for the end…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improve translations to support languages with complex noun inflections

While the Event Calendar and its PRO version are both translatable, the way translations are done doesn't work for many inflected languages.

The main issue is that nouns "Event" and plural "Events" are translated once and stored as variables, which then is used in all contexts. It works for English because there are only singular and plural noun forms but it's impossible to create correct and meaningful translations in other languages. Same issue applies for Spanish, Italian, French, Portuguese and many more languages.

For instance, in Latvian and Lithuanian nouns and adjectives are declined in up to seven overt cases.…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. WP-Admin listing of venues and organizers with more columns/data

I would like to see more data fields in the admin dashboard listings for my venues and organizers, such as:

venues: address, city, hyperlink, phone number
    organizers: name, email, web page, phone

Is that already possible?

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add ability to Tweet event posts when published

Hook into the WordPress JetPack Publicize plugin or to WP-to-Twitter plugin to tweet event posts when they are published. This should hook to the WP Shortlinks feature (wp.me) or to Twitter's shortener (t.co) so links can easily be included in the tweet.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. allow user to save/star events

Allow users to save, star or favourite events. So they can plan which events they would like to attend. This would be a huge value-add to the end user where there are a lot of events to choose from and they may want to attend a few.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. More detailed backend settings for events in main blog loop & rss feed

Requesting more settings for the backend feature "events in main blog loop", namely select options for:
    1) ascending or descending event ordering
    2) use either event start date OR event post date

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Choose Which Events Show on Blog, Rather than All or None

Maybe you could see a window with a list of all the events, and check which ones to add to the blog, or you could choose an event category whose events would show on the blog.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add featured image to Events widget

We have the ability to choose lots of different data to display or hide... all except image. I really want to show my next three events with images and details below instead of the clunky calendar graphic with the date. it just doesn't look good.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base