Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our help desk. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. custom coloring for shortcode tribe_events_list

Be able to change the colors on the tribeeventslist shortcode date graphic and event title without having to use custom CSS or other coding. Or provide a support answer for this issue with the CSS required so that we can easily grab, modify and paste into our website custom CSS.

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Add featured image to Events widget

We have the ability to choose lots of different data to display or hide... all except image. I really want to show my next three events with images and details below instead of the clunky calendar graphic with the date. it just doesn't look good.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add Featured Image to Event Countdown Widget

I would like to be able to add the featured image for an event to the Countdown Widget.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Events categories and events dates in the permalink structure

For a better SEO friendly URL structure I suggest the customization of the permalink structure including the category for the single event and maybe the date of th event too.

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add support for Project Nami / MSSQL

Currently Tribe Events uses several SQL commands that are not supported by MS SQL, causing errors to appear in the admin dashboard when the plugin is installed on a Project Nami instance. (Project Nami is a fork of Wordpress that uses MSSQL instead of MySQL.) Using the $wpdb API instead of raw SQL or a custom abstraction layer will enable this plugin to be used on Nami installs as well as traditional MySQL environments.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Option to show EXCERPT on Upcoming events widget

Would be great if in the PRO version, the events list widget could have the option to show the excerpt - a check box just like for the Price, Venue, City, Address, etc. Thanks :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Featured events quick edit

Add support for the featured event checkbox when in bulk edit mode and/or in Quick Edit mode.

That way you don't have to individually set the featured event status on each featured event one by one.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sort Scheduled Imports Alphabetically

I would like to be able to sort my scheduled imports alphabetically. With the current order of ‘last added’, it’s hard for me to review who I’ve already created a feed for.

I want to be able to look at all my import sources alphabetically so that I can determine which ones I've already created.

Currently, the only method of sorting is by 'last import'

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add "Show Google Map" and "Show Google Maps Link" options to Default Content Settings Page

I would love to see the "Show Google Map" and "Show Google Maps Link" checkboxes added under the Default Venue drop down on the Default Content setting page.

I have a site where 99% of the events happen on location so they don't need a map to be shown, but there's 1% which happen off-site so a map is very helpful.

It would be a great optimization of our time to be able to have it so the "Show Google Map" and/or "Show Google Maps Link" could be unchecked by default when creating an event (making this an option for…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. List of available shortcodes on the back-end at plugin settings.

Not sure if I am just not seeing it, but if it's not there, how about adding your list of available shortcodes to the Help or Settings section on the back-end of the site? It's mildly irritating to have to go to your website every time, then run a search for shortcodes, then find the correct post in order to get the correct shortcode...

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Shortcode(s) to display specific event content, meta, ticket/rsvp fields in any page or post

I see shortcodes that allow the display of calendars and event lists, but not to display the content (description) of a specific event in a page or post.

This might seem redundant, but at times it might be desireable to be able to include the details for as specific event in a page other than the event detail page, and have it automatically kept in sync with any changes made to the event in the calendar record.

Other shortcodes to separately enable the display of the event meta data, map, and perhaps even the rsvp/ticket block might also provide a…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Date Picker for Recurring Events as an option

I am part of a nationwide franchise that has a co-op website for public events. There's a feature that we on on THAT calendar that is INCREDIBLE for recurring events as well as being very flexible for custom date rules.

We can, much like this one, select various rules such as every 1st Wednesday of the month, or every other Tuesday, etc.

However, when we edit an event, date picker calendars will pop up with every day/date the event is scheduled for. We can simply click on a date to remove ONE or MORE of the current scheduled events, AND…

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Have a rolling calendar view?

One where the rows of weeks continually shift upwards, so that you always see the next four weeks or so in advance?

If a visitor happens to visit the page on the last day or two of the month, they’ll see a lot of greyed-out squares and an apparent lack of events; they’d have to click the tiny arrows beside the month to turn the page.. The current list of upcoming events underneath only seems to show those in the month currently being viewed, so a rolling calendar would ensure students see all upcoming events, even later in the month.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add an option to only show next occurrence of recurring event in 'Upcoming Events' widget

The main reason I upgraded to the PRO version of The Events Calendar was to take advantage of the recurring events feature, however after setting this up the 'Upcoming Events' sidebar widget has now become useless as it simply displays the same event over and over because several of the occurrences are before the next independent event.

I would like to see the option to only show the next instance of a recurring event in the widget's list.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I imagine, with enough votes, we might be able to implement one or all of the following:
    - a widget checkbox option like: “don’t show other occurrences within the same recurrence series as a related event within this widget”
    - a checkbox in the general settings that does this globally
    - a checkbox in the recurrence settings (so as to not be available to non-recurring single events) that does this per series – for controlling display on the single event view’s related events

15. Allow event descriptions appearing in the main blog loop to be stickied

More or less as in the title. In order to promote a specific event, it would be useful to have the description that appears in the main blog loop stickied in the same manner that an ordinary post might be.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. include WP post_meta fields in keyword search

Right now, The Events Calendar keyword search searches the Title, Post Body, and Post Excerpt.
    I suggest that you add the option to include selected WP post-meta fields (custom fields) to the keyword search.

This would be extremely helpful, as a number of sites include various page information in custom postmeta fields. I would suggest it not search postmeta by default, but include the option to select which post_meta fields are included in the keyword search.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Filter events by date range / day on single venue / organiser pages

It would be nice to be able to filter the events in a single venue by date.
    Consider in the case of a trade show / festival / university model which may have multiple stages / theatres with multiple events occurring over several days. It would be good to display these both in a page and in a widget.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Recurrence vs. repeating events

Scenario: A singe event that spans several days at the same time. For example a 3-day seminar or class that is 9:00 am - 3:00 pm on all three days.

As it stands now, when you setup the recurrence pattern, on the calendar it looks like three separate events on separate dates. I would be nice to see it span the dates. More so, if you set a price, on the surface it looks like the price is 'X' amount for each day and not for the entire event.

I have seen this functionality in other premium event calendars.

154 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Create options for vertical AND horizontal list views in Upcoming Events

Currently there is only an option to view Upcoming Events in a vertical list. Can you please also add the option to display those horizontally?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Google Rich Cards Support?

Google is now going to be having Rich Cards, the evolution of rich snippets. It would be great to be an early adopter and have this support. There is going to be a sitemap feature to these as well with webmaster tools preview.

Note: right not its only for recipes and movies, but im sure they'll be rolling more out.

150 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base