Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our help desk. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customizable permalink structure for individual events

Allow customization of the permalink structure of individual events. It would be awesome to have the ability to enable permalinks that mirror those used by other posts within Wordpress. For example, the ability to have a URL such as http://www.website.com/events/2016/06/08/event-title/. This would be a big help in avoiding conflicting URLs for repeating events.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. shortcode embed with customised template ability similar to event rocket

I would love to see a shortcode event embed implementation similar to event rocket.

ie
    [eventembed category="gala" limit="1" template="shortcode-embed-list-gala"]
    [event
    embed event="3033" template="shortcode-embed-list-past"]

This shortcode had some really great features specifically:
    1) ability to create and use customised templates for specific needs a) image only template,
    b) upcoming events template with or without ticket sales option
    c) past events template (display only name image description)
    d) what ever you need

2)Select specific events by id number or category ect (especially useful when events are hidden from calendar view

thanks

dominic

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Category Pages > set featured image

Add the ability to upload a featured image to event categories and display it on the category page.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Organize events by hour/venue. In a day view, rows are hours and columns are venues.

To better present events for festivals with multiple venues being run simultaneously, it be would be nice to have a day view where events are laid in a hours/venues matrix. Rows being the hours, columns being the venues.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. shortcode to show [upcoming x days]

I'd like a shortcode similar to [tribethisweek], but it would show next 4 or 5 days (or whatever). Currently the [tribethisweek], is great but the week fills the entire width of the page and shows days that have already gone by - taking up valuable real estate on the page.

it'd be great to specify # of days showing would also have next & previous like the week shortcode does. It advance by x number of days instead of 7 days and would always display with today as the first day shown.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make Sticky Work in List View

Make Sticky Work in List view to give the ability to feature an event.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Option to automatically list events near to user

The Map View page ordinarily shows a list of upcoming events, until a user input a location into the "Near/Location" field. I would like to automatically fillout the location field for the user when they hit the default map view page. Using geocoding of the visitors IP, or perhaps via a location request, we can retrieve the users location to fillout this field. You could toggle this option on/off in the settings area.

268 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Create countdown timer that can be set for each particular event

Right now, the countdown timer can either be set to display [1] the next event, or [2] a particular event. Since my business has many events, it would be most helpful to enable a countdown timer for every single event (so if I visit event A, I see countdown timer A; if I visit event B, then I see countdown timer B).

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Shortcode > Featured Organizer

As well as having a tribefeaturedvenue shortcode it would be great if there was a featured organiser. I know you can create a list of organisers and venues using the shortcode plugin but I want specific results. Fingers crossed

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Past Events Widget

It would be awesome to have a Past Events widget to show previous events. My business uses the ECP to show all of our tournaments, and people always want to see the results, which are embedded on each event page. A widget to automatically show the previous (1-20) events would save sooooo much time! Thanks for your consideration!

156 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Venue links to google maps directions - walk, transit, driving, biking

Hi,

I saw a feature on Eventbrite's event page today that would be a great addition. Links to directions to venue from your current location.

It has links based on modes of transport.

See here: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/intro-to-ux-design-tickets-22921212965?aff=DM

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improve translations to support languages with complex noun inflections

While the Event Calendar and its PRO version are both translatable, the way translations are done doesn't work for many inflected languages.

The main issue is that nouns "Event" and plural "Events" are translated once and stored as variables, which then is used in all contexts. It works for English because there are only singular and plural noun forms but it's impossible to create correct and meaningful translations in other languages. Same issue applies for Spanish, Italian, French, Portuguese and many more languages.

For instance, in Latvian and Lithuanian nouns and adjectives are declined in up to seven overt cases.…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable SSL option for Events Calendar pages

Because the Events Calendar is URL based, rather than pages, it is difficult to specify that calendar pages should be secured with SSL. How about a settings option for the events calendar pages to be SSL if the user has a certificate installed?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Notify organizer when event is created

I Would love to have the possibility that as soon as an event is created an email is send to the organizer.

Or the possibility to add instructors to an event who are notified that an event is created

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to hide ongoing events from upcoming events list

I have many events that run for many weeks or over multiple weekends. I would like an option to only show events that have not started yet (today onwards).

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change month view search results to display month of first event occurrence

On our website we have chosen Month View as our default calendar view. When a user searches an event that occurs in a future month, they see nothing because search results always display the current month. The user thinks the event doesn't exist, in cases where the event happens in a future month.

We'd like to request this be changed so that search results display the month of the first occurrence of the event... a more effective means to display results and improve user experience.

Thanks for considering!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support some custom HTML in event excerpts

Allow custom HTML in the excerpts section, like WordPress posts do: https://codex.wordpress.org/Excerpt

In list view It would be nice to be able to add links and change text size for certain items. (ex. RSVP now link)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. List View > Adding infinite scrolling

Just like using the "infinite Scroll" in Jetpack for blog posts on archive pages. Simply set the number of events in list view you want to have preloaded, and when you reach the end of that list then autoload the next batch...

101 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Select which event details to show on main views

The idea is to add an admin interface where users can select which details they want to be viewable on the main calendar views, such as List or Month. An On/Off toggle could be made available for some or all of the following event details:
    * Title
    * Description
    * Featured Image
    * Organizer
    * Venue
    * Recurring
    * Cost
    * Categories
    * Tags
    * Event Website
    In some cases this will allow you to view more fields than are now shown by default, in others it will hide the default details if you toggle them off. This will bring…

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base