Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our help desk. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow manual entry of attendee information

I'd like to be able to go into the backend and manually add an attendee to the list.

286 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. allow the option to add attendee information to the emailed tickets and admin confirmation.

Thank you for the ability to collect Attendee Information i.e., First and Last Name of multiple tickets to the actual purchase process prior to check out. Now, how about an option to add that collected information to either the Attendee Ticket and / or the Administrator email?

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  6 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to configure end date/time for editing of ticket attendee information

We run an event and collect attendee information that must be submitted to the venue x days in advance of the event. It would be very helpful if we could configure an end date/time for the ability to edit attendee information for a given event/ticket.

Also, it appears that attendee information is currently editable indefinitely. I would recommend that the ability to edit attendee information be disabled by default once the event has occurred. Leaving open the ability to edit attendee information indefinitely opens the possibility that reports on past event attendees could have incorrect information (not likely, but possible).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Conditional fields

We suggest to implement conditional fields in the form, so that it would be possible to show a specific dropdown list or another depending on the content of the main dropdown list

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Include the time and date that an attendee was checked in

I'm using Event Tickets Plus with woocommerce to sell tickets to a daily event, admission to a museum. I am not using event calendar pro at all. I would like to be able to see the time and date that a ticket was checked in on the attendee list, not just the date the ticket was sold on, because they can use the ticket when they want. I want to be able to sort by date or use a date picker, and to be able to export that data and see the check-in date on there also. We want to…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  2 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add support for Name Your Price in Event Tickets Plus for charity events (requires woo commerce name your price)

Add support for Name Your Price in Event Tickets Plus for charity events (requires woo commerce name your price)
    This allows you to create an event with a ticket. The ticket has a suggested price, but allows the buyer to buy it for whatever price they want. In essence it is a donation for an event

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Event Tickets Plus/WooCommerce. I would like to be able to access tickets in WooCommerce store and The Events Calendar.

I have Event Calendar Pro, Event Tickets Plus, and WooCommerce. Currently, tickets can only be purchased through the calendar. I would like to be able to access tickets in WooCommerce store as well.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. If cart qualtity is updated, force ticket buyer to enter additional info fields

Currently Event Tickets Plus can collect additional information when adding tickets to their cart. (I.e. First Name Last and Name for each ticket purchased.) However, once the user gets to their cart, they also have the option to change the number of tickets they are purchasing. But if they increase the quantity of tickets in their cart, they are no longer required to enter the additional information fields. It would be great if the cart would display those additional fields when the ticket quantity is changed. Maybe a pop-up window where they could enter the additional names and then close…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Event Tickets, Zapier, Gotowebinar

Can we have a Zapier integration that can zap a ticket registration through to Goto webinar once someone has registered for the webinar on the events calendar that are also registered on the goto webinar site.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Force minimum number of tickets purchased

Offer a reduced ticket price for buying X or more, and force the quantity of that ticket to start at X.

We sell reduced price tickets for groups of 3 or more, but the quantity on the product page always starts at 1, which allows anyone to buy only one ticket at the lower price. Currently we have to say, "Contact us for 3 or more" and process these sales manually.

Eventbrite does this beautifully, but we're trying to get away from the extra fees.

Thanks!

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Adapt Event Tickets to WPML

When developing a website in one language that sells courses, tickets and other virtual products wootickets works just fine. But when you work on a website with more than one language there is no possiblity of having a single translation of the tickets for the ones that don't understand the main language. I would be interesting if translated events could share the same stock, because some times tickets are limited.

Thanks

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Easy way to design and preview email ticket

The ticket emailed to customers is one of the major issues concerning the relationship with customers.
    The ticket design must be consistent with the design of the site to give the customer, the image of a professional product.
    But with the current system it is difficult to change the default design of the ticket: no preview no system to make it.So the idea would be to create the ticket in an editor ... a bit like gravity form or visual composer.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  6 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add to Cart via AJAX

It'd be really helpful to have an approach to add products to the cart via AJAX rather than add to cart and reload out to the cart page.

The current flow is a hinderance to users attempting to buy tickets to multiple events.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Presales/Pre-event registration/Place deposit for a ticket

Add the ability to place a deposit as part of a pre-event registration.

I.E. "Secure a spot at this year's Event with a $50.00 deposit"

This would also require a way to pay the Balance of the Event cost at a later date.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow paper/non-virtual tickets

We mail out physical tickets for our events (there are a few reasons for that, besides we don't have a scanning / check-in option available at the moment). There is a small delivery charge that we add to the purchased order unless the ticket is picked up from the office. The shipping option is not available if the ticket is virtual. I like the virtual option too for when tickets are bought closer to the event and we don't have time to mail them out. Hope this helps. Thanks!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Notify event organizer of ticket purchase or RSVP

Ability to notify event organizer of ticket purchase.

271 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support Woo Product Variations within Event Tickets

Its standard in woocommerce, so it should be in event ticket.

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Attendees list in alphabetical order

It would be helpful if the attendees list in WooTickets could be sorted by alphabetical order either by first or last name.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Shortcode or widget to show available events (not sold out)

I would love to display only events with available tickets on my front page. This would require hiding sold out events in a widget or shortcode.

We tend to have 20+ sold out events in any given month, so I prefer to show only what events are available. I am sure I am not the only one.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  5 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base