Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our support forums. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Email list of event attendees to admin before event

Have a field to enter in the amount of time you wish to receive an automatic email of event attendees and a field to enter who the email is sent to. This idea was suggested to me by one of our clients, it would make it easier for event organizers to view the attendee list if they are uncomfortable with using the WordPress back end.

Loving the plugin by the way, Cheers!

253 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

• Notify event organizer of ticket purchase or RSVP

Ability to notify event organizer of ticket purchase.

234 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Recurring Event Support for Tickets

Currently our WooTickets plugin does not work fully with recurring events, and users can only purchase tickets for the most upcoming event in a series. Would it be useful to you to combine the power of WooTickets with the PRO recurring events feature?

226 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

We really appreciate the tremendous of support this feature request has received. What is important to y’all is what guides our roadmap. Your feedback on this feature request has actually driven us to completely re-architect much of our plugins over the past couple of years.

This is a truly herculean feature request. While designing the user interface is simple, it requires many developers and many months worth of time get things in place for that simple interface to work. We have already devoted hundreds of hours of time to this, and still have many more to go.

Our next feature release will contain a lot more architecture improvements, and will put us many miles closer to the finish line. There are likely to be a few more similar releases in the coming months before this is truly complete.

In an effort to not mislead folks we are marking this with…
        • Email function if event is changed or cancelled

Have the ability to email attendees if any details have changed in the event.

161 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Tickets: Venue seating chart with different price grade and ability graphically to choose seats.

Add the venue seating chart with different price grade and ability graphically to choose seats (similar plane seat selection with check-in).
            Provide ability for ticket admin to "grey out" some reserved seats.

124 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Implementing a graphical solution, where you can click on a given seat and it will reserve it, is probably not possible due to the complexity and technological limitations.

However, would the ability to upload an image of your seating map/chart work? From there you could specify a list of seating names in the backend and when a user purchases a ticket they can select from a drop down of available seats, and cross reference it with your seating chart image so they now which goes where. We realize this will not be as fancy as many people are picturing, but since it is actually possible to implement it is a compromise we would be interested in looking into if this will solve your needs.

• Allow manual entry of attendee information

I'd like to be able to go into the backend and manually add an attendee to the list.

95 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Ticket Bundles / Multiple Event Passes

Set up ticket bundles - for example selling a All Access Pass (all events) or a Pass for a couple of events that provides either tickets for each event and/or for limited seat events a count per pass purchased towards each single event included in the pass.

68 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Develop an Android and iOS App for QR Code Scanning Check-In

Build or support a third party app that can be used by the event venue to check-in attendees similar to Eventbrite Entry Manager https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eventbrite.organizer

Something easy, handheld and mobile for ticket takers to use across several windows with most all the same features of Eventbrite... Maybe it's as easy as contacting the same developer and changing the data source to connect to WordPress...???

65 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• "Sold Out", "Only x positions left" etc type labels for events on the summary calender view

we’re increasingly encountering the (quality) problem of sold out events and would like to show of the fact that our dates our selling out to casual web browsers!

Note we sell event entries through eventbrite so another avenue to explore would be functionality within eventbrite / your eventbrite tickets plugin

65 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Support Woo Product Variations within Wootickets

Its standard in woocommerce, so it should be in wootickets.

64 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you everyone for chiming in and helping to clarify what needs WooCommerce Product Variations will fill. It is clear that there are a variety of usescases for these, and it is very valuable to know each of them. Please continue sharing your feedback. We will slot this in our roadmap as soon as we can.

Cheers!
                        - The Modern Tribe Support Team

• Reusable Ticket Defaults/Profiles (as per Venues and Organizers)

I would like to see Wootickets integrate a list of default ticket profiles, where we can fill out the commonly used fields we re-type hundreds of times. Almost all of the ticket fields could be automatically populated based on a template, with changes and variations made as needed.

For my personal needs, 99% of the hundreds of tickets I create every month could be selected from a list of 8 profiles, with information being spit out for: names, description, price, start/end sales, stock, etc.

The two fields that would require some consideration for advanced functionality would be:

variable time frames…

62 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Do not include deleted tickets or cancelled orders in participant list sold units.

Right now, if you look at the number of ticket sold in the participant list, it include tickets that were sold then cancelled, or completely deleted orders. I suggest that this number only includes existing participant or that another item is created to see the number of expected attendees and active tickets sold.

47 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you all for your continued feedback here. This is very much something we are interested in refining. We are going to rope in a strategist to properly account for the various workflows of as many people as we can, and try to find a slick method and improved method for reporting this info to everyone.

Our strategists are extremely busy working through our hundreds of great feature requests. But as soon as an opening is available work on this will begin. Until then please keep voting, it helps us prioritize.

Thanks again!

• Add " Buy Ticket " on Event List Page

I would like to see a " Buy Ticket " display on the right side of a ticketing event on the listing page. That will generate for or faster sale. Instead of having the Tickets button inside the event page.

44 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• allow the option to add attendee information to the emailed tickets and admin confirmation.

Thank you for the ability to collect Attendee Information i.e., First and Last Name of multiple tickets to the actual purchase process prior to check out. Now, how about an option to add that collected information to either the Attendee Ticket and / or the Administrator email?

42 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Set default ticket types

It would be nice if there was a way to set default ticket types for a new event. For example, if I know that the majority of events will have the same 3 tickets options with the same prices for every event, it would be nice to have those 3 ticket types automatically populate when creating a new event instead of creating the same 3 ticket types each time.

33 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Attendees list in alphabetical order

It would be helpful if the attendees list in WooTickets could be sorted by alphabetical order either by first or last name.

31 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Force minimum number of tickets purchased

Offer a reduced ticket price for buying X or more, and force the quantity of that ticket to start at X.

We sell reduced price tickets for groups of 3 or more, but the quantity on the product page always starts at 1, which allows anyone to buy only one ticket at the lower price. Currently we have to say, "Contact us for 3 or more" and process these sales manually.

Eventbrite does this beautifully, but we're trying to get away from the extra fees.

Thanks!

30 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• One-page Checkout on Event pages

For a streamlined purchase process, put the checkout form directly on the Event page. (See Woocommerce One-Page Checkout by Prospress)

This would also solve the request by several people to be able to skip the Cart page to go direct to Checkout, and might also resolve the issue of quantities being changed in the Cart or at Checkout.

If there were a dynamic panel right above the checkout form that summarized the custom data fields that would also potentially resolve the issue of making changes during checkout that are then not reflected in those fields .

There are a few…

28 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Adapt Event Tickets to WPML

When developing a website in one language that sells courses, tickets and other virtual products wootickets works just fine. But when you work on a website with more than one language there is no possiblity of having a single translation of the tickets for the ones that don't understand the main language. I would be interesting if translated events could share the same stock, because some times tickets are limited.

Thanks

27 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re still working on this feature, which has been a lot of work so far. We’re working closely with the WPML team to make changes on both ends and hope to get this into one of our upcoming feature releases of Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus.

Cheers!

• Add overview of attendees to calendar events

I have 20+ events and would like to get an overview of number of attendees to the events. As it is today we have to click every single event to see how many attendees are joining.

Basically all we need is an added column to the existing events overview (wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events) with the current number of attendees.

The thread (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/single-overview-of-ticket-attendees/#post-1124416) also discusses this feature, and Joe has brought a temporary solution that is very limited in use of both sorting and filtering, however better than the current solution.

27 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)