Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our support forums. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a recurring event option to CSV uploads

Add a recurring event option to CSV uploads so that you can add recurring events as currently to have to add the event multiple times.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

This is something we are currently investivating to see how feasible it is. We would love to add this ability, but due to the complexity of recurrence patterns it may not be possible to import these via CSV, at least without making it so complex it has a huge learning curve and is a pain to work with. If we deem this possible then we would definitely like to build it. :)

Thanks for sharing the idea!

Cheers!
      - The Modern Tribe Support Team

• Add the ability to import CSV files via a web address, so partner sites can communicate with each other and pull events from them

it would be fantastic if I could point to a web address of CSV file and import that automatically with certain time intervals.
      that would be a really nice upgrade of CSV importer

3 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• 3 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Change the CSV Importer mapping

Currently, the CSV Importer lists your CSV fields and asks for you to choose a the corresponding event field from a dropdown. I suggest that instead, the event fields should be listed and the CSV fields should be selected from the dropdown.

This would help ensure we're mapping all the fields that are needed for the import. It would also allow certain CSV fields to be used to fill multiple event fields (e.g., start and end days for single day events).

3 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing this interesting idea. We would like to improve the column mapping UI. One thing we have considered doing is leaaving the current columns the same, but hiding an element from the available fields drop down when it is selected in any of the drop downs. That way the list continually shrinks. Once you have selected all of the fields your CSV has, the drop down list will only contain the remaining fields that your CSV does not have. Would that work in your case?

The extreme majority of users do not have all fields available in their CSV, many of them just have 4-5 of our 20 fields. So we are reluctant to make the left hand column 4x taller and more complicated than it needs to be for such users.

Cheers!

• Create a built-in recurring import updates of CSV files

We can create CSV files for a sharepoint calendar that we want to import its data to The Events Calendar. However, this information changes on a consistent bases. We would like to add a url where it can fetch data every 30min or hour.

3 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow Editors to import via CSV

I like to empower clients on sites I build them, if they are capable and this would extend to allowing them to import events via csv.

But I don't ever make clients Administrators, unless truly exceptional! So can you offer an option to allow Editors to import CSV files please.

I’m familiar with User Role Editor and Adminimize plugins but don’t see a permission/role that will allow CSV import by anyone but an admin.

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

We can totally see where you are coming from. Fortunately using a Role Editor plugin this is easy to fix.

By default Editors do not have the “import” capability in WordPress, and can thus not mass import any sort of data including Events. If you wish to change this though you can do so using a plugin like User Role Editor. Simply add the import capability to the Editor role and you should be all set.

Cheers!
                - The Modern Tribe Support Team

• Please could the csv import include a field for "featured"

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/featured-events/

Wonderful! Thanks! But can we mark some events as featured via the icsv upload please? ie might you be able to make an additional field available to match to the csv column for "featured" ?

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add global stock to csv import options

It would be handy to have global stock enabled when importing events via csv files. so you wouldnt have to go and set it manually.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Custom CSV Import delimiter

Most of the Time, you are building your CSV in Excel.
                    When creating multiple categories you want them to be separated with comma. However your Importer treats them as seperate fields, thus destroying the table. It therefore is neccessary to put these Values in "" manually. That might be a pain if there are many combined categories.
                    It would be nice to change it to a different symbol, such as ";".

Regards

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)