Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our support forums. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the option to allow the user to download the event ticket.

Hey, I've been using your plugins for over a year now and the consistent problem of ticket emails not sending can be solved if the option to download the ticket as a pdf was made available. This would reduce the amount of emails about not receiving tickets, the user can log into their account and see the tab My Events with the tickets ready to download and resend as an email.

I know I'm not alone who is still suffering the emails so this would be a really cool addition.

Vote it up!!!!

25 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

• Add a SMS Text messaging option as reminder for events

Having an email and SMS reminder option for events would be great for teams or groups.

75 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow file upload for pdfs

Currently community events limits file upload to images. An additional pdf upload would be handy.

20 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Combine the Advanced Filter Bar with Standard Filter Bar

It would be great if the advanced filter bar completely replaced the standard bar once installed. This was we can maintain the functionality of both, but only have a single filter/search bar on the screen. Right now it is a bit confusing to have two separate filters. I have noticed several complains on the forums and on the feature request page stating that viewers are becoming confused by the filter options and unable to find their desired events. Although many solutions have been proposed, I think merging the two bars would mitigate a majority of the concerns and reduce space…

34 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Admin →
          • Add limit="x" option to tribe_events shortcode

Adding a LIMIT argument to the tribe_events shortcode could work for Photo, List, Day, and Map views.

The shortcode option in Pro is great!
            It would be even greater if there was an option to limit the shown events in the list.
            Like: [tribe_events limit="10" view="photo"]

Than you would be able to show the Photo view for instance on the homepage only the first 3 events and on a calendar page all the events.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Roger

13 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the idea! We definitely see the value in this. It has been added to our list of features we would like to implement. We thank you for your patience as we work through all of the other features that were added before this one.

Eric from our forums shared an excellent snippet of code that allows you to alter this right now. As he notes it employs a bit of a hack, but it should work on most servers. You can paste this code in your functions.php, modify the number of events you want shown inside the code, and you’re done!

If you have any questions or need assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out via our forums. Cheers!
              - The Modern Tribe Support Team

• WooCommerce > Show Attendee Meta information on the checkout page

USER STORIES & GOALS

- I am a customer who added multiple tickets to my WooCommerce shopping cart, I would like to confirm that I filled out the data for each ticket accurately before clicking Proceed to Checkout.
              - I am a customer who realized that one of the multiple tickets in my cart has inaccurate attendee meta info. I would like to edit only that ticket, or at least remove it from my cart without removing all of the others.

SOME POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS

- When 2+ tickets are added to the cart, each one will appear as a separate…

18 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• We need a possibility to block some Categories for Community Organizers (with account or anonymous).

By blocking a category for some organizers or anonymous submitter we would still have the possibility to create exclusive calendars which will only show the events created by the admin.
                I would love to see that as an option.

5 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Collect All Attendee Information on a Separate Page

I'm happy to see that we can now collect info from all attendees. However, it is a bit problematic to collect this information on the event page. It would be a more advantageous workflow if the users were allowed to input the attendee information on either the checkout page or a page specifically designed for this purpose. Requesting attendee information on the event page causes design conflicts and can make the page very cluttered/large depending upon the amount of tickets purchased and information requested. I highly recommend that you adjust the UX accordingly for a more user friendly experience.

11 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Sort Events by distance

A really useful feature that is missing is the possibility to sort the events by distance.
                    After performing a search, an user would normally expects to see the events displayed by distance (and then by date) so that the closest event is listed as first item in the list and so on...

It just makes no sense to have a random list when you can search by address...

14 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Custom Email Fields Per Event with WYSIWYG Editor

We've always felt that one of the weaker aspects of Event Calendar Pro is its communication capabilities. We’re currently unable to customize email messaging for each unique event. Additionally, our clients are unable to customize the standard confirmation email on their own due to their limited technical capabilities.

It would be extremely advantageous if there were a series of WYSIWYG editors/fields for users to create custom confirmation email messages and custom admin notification messages for each specific event.

Features should also include:

-Ability for the admin to send custom ad-hoc emails using a WYSIWYG editor

-Ability to send the aforementioned…

6 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Support Open Graph metadata for events

As an event manager / organizer we are promoting a lot of individual events on Facebook. Currently the open graph metadata is guessed by Facebook, which results in the wrong image being shown for example.

It would be great if proper og: metadata was generated for the event details so Facebook would pull the right data immediately.

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Each ticket to have multiple ticket types & cost

For example:

Ticket for an event on a given day at a particular time
                          Adult / $15
                          Child / $7

The only way to do this currently is to have several tickets for each type of ticket & time, meaning you could have a long list of tickets for users, confusing matters.

9 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• One-page Checkout on Event pages

For a streamlined purchase process, put the checkout form directly on the Event page. (See Woocommerce One-Page Checkout by Prospress)

This would also solve the request by several people to be able to skip the Cart page to go direct to Checkout, and might also resolve the issue of quantities being changed in the Cart or at Checkout.

If there were a dynamic panel right above the checkout form that summarized the custom data fields that would also potentially resolve the issue of making changes during checkout that are then not reflected in those fields .

There are a few…

11 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Ability to configure end date/time for editing of ticket attendee information

We run an event and collect attendee information that must be submitted to the venue x days in advance of the event. It would be very helpful if we could configure an end date/time for the ability to edit attendee information for a given event/ticket.

Also, it appears that attendee information is currently editable indefinitely. I would recommend that the ability to edit attendee information be disabled by default once the event has occurred. Leaving open the ability to edit attendee information indefinitely opens the possibility that reports on past event attendees could have incorrect information (not likely, but possible).

3 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Set Time of Import

Include the option to set when the daily, weekly..., are actually imported.

Then you can grab and import events at a preferred time during the day. Early morning and review each day, end of day to grab all new entries, etc.

13 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• tribe_events shortcode support multiple categories with option for AND or OR

Per https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-calendar-views-tribe_events-shortcode/#common, only 1 category can be entered in the shortcode.

I'd like to be able to do something like this:
                                  `[tribe_events categories="bbq,holidays,community" and="true"]`
                                  (since the default would be `and=false` which means OR, not AND)

Another name for this shortcode argument might be `filter="and"` or something else.

6 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Make Filter Bar compatible with shortcoded calendars

Would be nice to add the filter bar feature to every page with a calendar via shortcode, not only in the event page.

Then it would allow you to make filtered calendars on pages, and let to the user play with the other fields to check information.

3 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Admin →
                                    • Custom Ticket Sorting in the Ticket Order Form

As a site admin, I would like to define the order in which tickets are displayed on the front end of the ticket order form.

There is a way to organize tickets using a function:
                                      https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/changing-the-order-of-tickets/

However, the options provided are limited only to ordering tickets by price and by alphabetical order.

Perhaps a drag-and-drop interface in the back-end editor or a numeric field next to each ticket would be alternatives for allowing site admins control to arrange tickets in the order they would prefer.

7 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• event aggregator categories & tags

Now we can pick one category when using the aggregator, but in our calendar it's possible that a certain event belongs in more categories.
                                        This means I still have to do this manually to complete the event. Also I miss the option to activate tags. For this the same as with the categories it's handy when we could fill out more then one tag.

8 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Start date picker week according to WordPress setting

For users whose week does not start on Sunday, change the date picking calendar to display according to the WordPress "day of the week starts on" setting, so that less mistakes are made in scheduling events.

Suggestion based on this thread: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/datepicker-in-backend-still-starts-week-on-sunday-instead-of-monday/

3 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)