Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our help desk. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add featured images to month view

Would it be possible for this to become an option in settings instead of having to manually add code?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/adding-featured-images-to-month-view/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Add links to the top of the calendar for previous/next months

My background is in usability (I have a degree in Human Factors Psychology). One of the things that I was surprised not see in the calendar view was a set of links at the TOP of the calendar for previous/next months. I see them now at the bottom, but as a user looking to go to the next month, and with the bottom of the calendar cut off on my screen, I was confused for a bit when trying to figure out how to get to the next month.

It would be fine to have the links at the bottom,…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Community Events > Only show My Organizers or Venues

It would be great if the Organizer could be a registered user with certain role attribute for that user. For example is a user is an author a drop down list of all the users (who are authors) could be linked as the organizer for an event(s).

This feature could also be very useful in the community events form. The logged in user should be the default organizer. The Admin can determine whether this can be changed or not depending on restrictions that the admin can set.

Would love to see this feature!

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Could we get Event tickets to work with WooExtensions for Product add-ons please. We could then add additional items to customise.

Could we get Event tickets to work with WooExtensions for Product add-ons please. We could then add additional items to customise and add features such as paying for dinners, pickup etc..or add the feature to the ticket plugin .. allowing us to create add-on fields with values..

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. users re-print tickets from user login area

Hi, very simple one...

I would like users to be able to print tickets from their own admin area. This would ensure that when they don't get the tickets first time (which happens one ever few hundred ticket orders we get) we can just direct them to their account to re-download/re-send and print the tickets instead of coming to us...

This could be in the form of resend email, download tickets as pdf, whatever. As there is already user functionality for a login area with Woocommerce, and there is already the ability to send emails again from an order int…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Display the weather forecast for events 10 days out

You could have an option to show the weather for events 10 days out or less. Similar to how you are showing the location map. You could possibly use the weather.com api.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make external event link a button or word instead

Where we can make a External Event link a button instead of the full external link. If the external link to the event is quite long it doesn't make a pleasant design. The long external links are ungly on their own in body content of a blog post. If we could use the words "link" or external website.

I also posted this to the WordPress forums.
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/make-external-event-link-a-button-instead?replies=2

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. More detailed backend settings for events in main blog loop & rss feed

Requesting more settings for the backend feature "events in main blog loop", namely select options for:
    1) ascending or descending event ordering
    2) use either event start date OR event post date

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Event Redirect Link from Calendar

Add an option to redirect an event to a static page, post or external URL. Event shows in calendar grid and listings, but when the user clicks the event, they are immediately redirected to the destination URL.

This allows placing events into the calendar such as those managed by a third party, FB events, or recurring events that have a specific landing page and URL, and allows the user to immediately get to the correct page.

(Currently, we are doing this with a separate redirect plugin. Works, but it's extra plugin overhead.)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make Organizer Phone Number tel: links that can open a phone application

Help us make this option easy for our clients to add clickable phone numbers on mobile devices.

Add ability to insert code <a href="tel:123-456-7890">(123) 456-7890</a> instead of just a phone # throughout EventsPro & TicketsWooCommerce

Great product!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make the Organizer's Email Address a Clickable Mailto Field

It would be a useful feature to be able to email an event organizer by clicking on their email address.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Widget Displaying Recently Added Events

My users have requested a feature to allow them to see recently posted events - very useful for those who check the calendar regularly.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Event Slider

Ability to add code to a slider to display one event per slide. The code syntax would contain the first, second, third, etc event to be displayed. A slide template would be available for customization. Expired events would not be displayed. Provide an alternate default slide in the case where there are no upcoming events.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add social share options

Add an option for these custom posts (each event) for social sharing (FB, twitter, etc. etc.) which will allow visitors to share directly a particular event from the event page.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Setting to select the default view for category pages

At the moment, you have the option to select a default view for the main shop page, but the category pages default to a list view regardless of what you have selected for the shop page. I'd like to see the ability to select the default view for both the shop page and the category pages, but in the absence of this, I would think it would be better for the category pages default to be the same as what was selected for the main shop page.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Additional fields for venues, organizers, categories

In v2.0 of TEC PRO, all additional fields are associated with events only; it does not change what data is collected or stored for organizers or venues. It therefore is not possible to, say, assign a URL to a venue. Being able to define additional fields specifically for venues and organizers would be useful.

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Default Settings > Add option to set default start and end times

The majority of our events run from 09:30-10:00. It would be really helpful if I could set a default start and end time within the events calendar settings defaults tab. That way I wouldn't have to edit those fields every event, as none of ours run from 09:00am - 5:00pm.

115 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Use words other than 'Event' and 'Events'

Please provide a space in Dashboard where we can put alternative words for 'Event' and 'Events' so that people can use 'Tour' and 'Tours' or 'Party' and 'Parties' or whatever they need. Not everything is an event.

126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base