Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our help desk. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display search results in list view when month is default view

When doing a keyword search when month/calendar view is default, it would be much more user friendly to display a list if search results of all future events rather than just searching and displaying those (if any) in the current month and having to scroll through.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Synchronize Event Categories and Woocommerce Product Categories for Event Tickets items

Add ability to map Event categories to Product categories so that when new tickets are added to an Event, they will automatically be added to a specific product category as well. This is most useful in cases of defining discount and coupon rules, to allow certain types of events to have coupon codes apply without requiring manual editing of ticket products after creation. Alternatively, provide a "Categories" selection box to the Ticket creation form, instead of automatic synchronization.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  4 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Jalali calendar instead of Gregorian calendar

Hi, it would be great to add Jalali and Hijri Calendar to the core as an option. because they use different types of date.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Date Range Picker

You can only pick a start date with 3.0.

If you have many hundreds of events coming up, many of them at the same location, map view becomes an unwieldy mess.

I suggest, like Google Analytics, the option to pick a RANGE.

187 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remember end user filter settings

About the filters, is it possible to save filter settings for the calendar per user for when a user visits the site next time, so that the user does not need to set all the filters again every time?

If that is not possible it would be a pretty awesome feature.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  1 comment  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add an XML importer

Enable importing events/venues/organizers via XML (either file or URL, preferably URL). Some great event feeds are available in XML only.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Shortcode for Ticket Purchase (Eventbrite, etc.)

While the Events Calendar is quite robust, we'll sometimes have standalone pages for larger events. Purchasing tickets might be easier on those pages than on a brief synopsis in The Events Calendar.

Could we have a shortcode to display Eventbrite/etc. tickets on posts/pages?

Anchors don't work well with most naming structures.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all,

Thank you for your votes and comments.
    We would love to see more votes on this one.

Also, as it stands, please note that for RSVP and Event Tickets plus tickets, it is already possible to add them to posts, pages and custom post types (not via a shortcode, but by selecting the appropriate setting under the Events > Settings > Tickets tab)

Cheers

8. Rating System for Events

A rating system for past events could be great. I was looking into implementing with GD star, but you can only have the option of rating ALL events, not past events due to the event date being set as meta data not as post date.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  10 comments  ·  New plugin ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a new Event in Month View

It would be great to have a month view with the possibility to add a new event directly.

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  New plugin ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Upcoming Events Sidebar Widget Needs to be Clickable to Open Full Calendar

Please make it so when people click on the top of the calendar image of the sidebar widget it opens the page with the full calendar -- or make it so I can set this up.

Invariably I watch people new to my site try to do this. I have tried to do it. Other calendars do it. Why doesn't the Event Calendar do it. Did I just miss not setting it up right?

Thank you.
    Carolyn

135 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please submit the Event Tickets Plus app to the Amazon Appstore

Please submit the Event Tickets Plus app to the Amazon Appstore so it can be used on Amazon Fire tablets. Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Show Date (Tuesday Oct 2) as Featured Image if no featured image assigned.

Is there a way to show Date as Featured image instead of grey calendar icon?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show organizers in full-site search results

When performing a full-site search from the main menu on our site, events and venues will appear in the search results but organizers won’t.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Update the Countdown SHORTCODE to include next event functionality

The Events Calendar is a great plugin and very useful for a lot of situations. My one major suggestion so far is as follows:

It would be very helpful to add the "countdown to next event" functionality to the Countdown shortcode. The widget doesn't always fit into a sites design and having to update the current shortcode every time an event passes is quite cumbersome.

The shortcode can be styled using css to greater effect in some cases.

There was a functions.php code addition that someone added in the support forums for this in 2016 but it tends to break…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Integrate with Google My Business posts/events

Google has implemented the post and event "post-type" for GMB. Can you or are you planning to integrate that feature through google's API ?

That would be an AWESOME feature, saving much time (i.e. writing GBM post inside the wordpress event editor).
    Fields are basic for now so shouldn't be too hard (title+descr+CTA-link+date)

I've found this as reference, but its very basic and quite expensive: https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-to-google-my-business/

Hope this could help as feedback/suggestion

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Third Party Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Eventbrite - Filter Tickets

I have a single event with a large number of tickets for different categories, (lets say Music/Art/Education etc).

On my website, I would like to advertise the relevent tickets on each page as theres currently no way to filter out the tickets.

This would be a really handy feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Eventbrite Tickets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add text that the user would see prior to Start Sale date

Add one text field to the ticket area that would incorporate the "Start Sale" field to display a message to the visitor if they view the event before that date.

As it is now, the visitor reads about the event, sees all the When and Where details... and then wonders what they're missing and why they can't purchase/sign up. All they need is a message: "Registration will begin on %StartSale% -- please check back!"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Option for "all day" events placement in one day page

Please add an option to put "All day" event at top or bottom in One Day page.

There are events that starts at a specified hour, but actually they are always put after "One day" events

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. hide event tickets from wordpress & woocommerce search

Since I run a business that sells services, online courses and physical products next to tickets for small workshops and live courses, and find that in the search results there are a lot of tickets for events (both future and past events) that I really don't want in that results. I can't just filter out the product CPT, because I also have other products in store, I do want to show.

So I really need something (preverably a setting) to prevent event tickets from appearing in the search result (both the general WP-search and the WooCommerce Search). Whatever sollution should…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  2 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Private Link Events without need to log in

We had an organization we wanted to allow to purchase tickets before going on sale to the public. However the event gets posted to our calendar and we'd rather it not be seen by the public until the general sale. This seems like something many business and organizations might want.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base