Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our help desk. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Import ATTACH field as defined in the ICS spec

Google Calendar and the ICS spec both define the ATTACH attribute.
    GCal like

ATTACH;FILENAME={filename} FMTTYPE={url}

Here it is in the ICal spec https://www.kanzaki.com/docs/ical/attach.html

Import this data as meta data

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

needs dev review  ·  0 comments  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show Date (Tuesday Oct 2) as Featured Image if no featured image assigned.

Is there a way to show Date as Featured image instead of grey calendar icon?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ensure content in ajax requests can be json encoded before json encoding.

In version 4.6.20.1 of The Events Calendar, ajax data is not sanitized for non-UTF-8 content prior to json encoding, allowing the request to silently fail.

The list class (the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Template/List.php) has an apply_filters call, but does not capture the return variable, preventing us from solving this ourselves.

Ensure the content can be jsonencoded:
    $response['html'] = mb
    convert_encoding($response['html'], 'UTF-8');

Or correct the apply filters call:
    $response = applyfilters( 'tribeeventsajaxresponse', $response );

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add featured images to month view

Would it be possible for this to become an option in settings instead of having to manually add code?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/adding-featured-images-to-month-view/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add unique classes to each month title in span.tribe-events-list-separator-month

I’m using JS to add the name of the month as a class to the span.tribe-events-list-separator-month

The goal is to use custom graphics for the month headings instead of text. The JS I’m using is not very foolproof, and only fires when the page is finished loading. I had to hide the “next/prev events” buttons, because they reload the page with ajax, so my JS doesn’t get triggered, and the month headings then “disappear”.

If that span had a class with the month name or month number in it already, I wouldn’t need the JS, and it would work perfectly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add ability to change the url parameter name in the Filter Bar from "tribe_" to "*somethinghere_*"

Add ability to change the url parameter name in the Filter Bar from:

/?tribe_city=

to
    /?somethinghere_city=

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs dev review  ·  0 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Eventbrite - Filter Tickets

I have a single event with a large number of tickets for different categories, (lets say Music/Art/Education etc).

On my website, I would like to advertise the relevent tickets on each page as theres currently no way to filter out the tickets.

This would be a really handy feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Eventbrite Tickets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add text that the user would see prior to Start Sale date

Add one text field to the ticket area that would incorporate the "Start Sale" field to display a message to the visitor if they view the event before that date.

As it is now, the visitor reads about the event, sees all the When and Where details... and then wonders what they're missing and why they can't purchase/sign up. All they need is a message: "Registration will begin on %StartSale% -- please check back!"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option for "all day" events placement in one day page

Please add an option to put "All day" event at top or bottom in One Day page.

There are events that starts at a specified hour, but actually they are always put after "One day" events

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Wegottickets integration

Allow us to use a ticket link to send the client to wegottickets to buy tickets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Third Party Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. JSON-LD for event on the single place page

I want the JSON-LD for event to be enabled for each event on the single place page.

example: http://bit.ly/2eLS3Q6
    Result structured data google: http://bit.ly/2tXj7xx

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Plugin URI in all the plugins headers

Original Posting - https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/plugins-are-missing-plugin-uri-in-the-plugin-header/#post-1360233

I just wanted to flag that you guys haven’t provided a Plugin URI in your plugins so when they appear in system reports (Gravity Forms, WooCommerce, etc.) and other places they aren’t linked to your website.
    Fairly minor but might be a good idea.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Third Party Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable an option for GST calculation in Tickets Plus price displays

Gday Tribe forumites

In Australia, it is mandatory to display pricing including GST.

The easiest way to add data is to put the ex GST price in (eg. $98) and let the computer do the maths to display the GST inclusive price ($107.80).

The Tickets plus combination with WooCommerce allows one of the frontend display areas to display the GST inclusive, and I suspect this is WooCommerce coding.

However, the primary area for the ticket price does not calculate, it shows the original input.

Here is a screenshot: https://screencast.com/t/ZBmqzCspXbMb

I'd like a radio button option that overrides the input (default)…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Featured Image to Event Countdown Widget

I would like to be able to add the featured image for an event to the Countdown Widget.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Set Organizer JSON Type

The current default "Type" for organizers is set to "Person" in the Organizer.php file. It would be nice to have the ability to set this to either "Person" or "Organization". Preferably a metabox in the Organizers admin page to select/set the Type.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 15 16 17 19 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base