Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our help desk. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a new Event in Month View

It would be great to have a month view with the possibility to add a new event directly.

127 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  New plugin ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use words other than 'Event' and 'Events'

Please provide a space in Dashboard where we can put alternative words for 'Event' and 'Events' so that people can use 'Tour' and 'Tours' or 'Party' and 'Parties' or whatever they need. Not everything is an event.

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add option to reorder zip and city for certain countries

In quite a few european countries, the usual (and also "correct" in terms of what postal services expect on an envelope) way to write addresses is like this:

Venue Name
    Street 23
    12345 City
    Country

While the notation of street and number ("123, Park Avenue" vs. "Hauptstraße 17") isn’t an issue (since it’s only one field in the database), addresses like "Berlin, 12345 Deutschland" (instead of the correct "12345 Berlin, Deutschland" are quite disturbing.

I am aware that src/views/modules/address.php could be customized by the user, but I would strongly suggest to add an option to reorder zip and city. This…

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Events categories and events dates in the permalink structure

For a better SEO friendly URL structure I suggest the customization of the permalink structure including the category for the single event and maybe the date of th event too.

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. customize color for tribe-events-list-separator-month

I would like to be able to customize the color for the class : tribe-events-list-separator-month

Being able to change the BG color/styling would be very handy indeed for a site that doesn't use white as it's BG.

Thanks!
    Rob

121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. custom coloring for shortcode tribe_events_list

Be able to change the colors on the tribeeventslist shortcode date graphic and event title without having to use custom CSS or other coding. Or provide a support answer for this issue with the CSS required so that we can easily grab, modify and paste into our website custom CSS.

121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add tribe_edit_category capability for user roles

Allow control of category capability as you do for venue, organizer, e.g. edittribeorganizer, so we can prevent editors from adding or changing calendar categories.

120 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Combine the Advanced Filter Bar with Standard Tribe Bar

It would be great if the advanced filter bar completely replaced the standard bar once installed. This was we can maintain the functionality of both, but only have a single filter/search bar on the screen. Right now it is a bit confusing to have two separate filters. I have noticed several complains on the forums and on the feature request page stating that viewers are becoming confused by the filter options and unable to find their desired events. Although many solutions have been proposed, I think merging the two bars would mitigate a majority of the concerns and reduce space…

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Use Google Maps to autocomplete venue address boxes

Having many venues it is a lot of pain to enter each adress. I have seen many plug ins that have a better way to do it. They offer just one line with google maps autocomplete to enter the adress! Thats the way it should be I think.Can provide screen shot.

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Default Settings > Add option to set default start and end times

The majority of our events run from 09:30-10:00. It would be really helpful if I could set a default start and end time within the events calendar settings defaults tab. That way I wouldn't have to edit those fields every event, as none of ours run from 09:00am - 5:00pm.

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. customize shortcode colors

I used the WP customizer to style the default event page, but those settings don’t carry over when using shortcodes on other website pages. Without being able to set the style (primarily the bg colors for tables, title colors, cal info text etc) for the various calendar instances when using shortcodes, I'm unable to use them at all since they don't match the branding of my client site (currently using Avada theme) and are thus difficult to read by default. The purpose of me using a premium plug-in like this is to avoid having to customize theme files and stylesheets,…

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remove /category/ from urls

For SEO purposes, remove /category/ from urls like mysite.com/events/category/music/ for SEO Purposes. It should be mysite.com/events/music/ instead.

110 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Do not include deleted tickets or cancelled orders in participant list sold units.

Right now, if you look at the number of ticket sold in the participant list, it include tickets that were sold then cancelled, or completely deleted orders. I suggest that this number only includes existing participant or that another item is created to see the number of expected attendees and active tickets sold.

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all for your continued feedback here. This is very much something we are interested in refining. We are going to rope in a strategist to properly account for the various workflows of as many people as we can, and try to find a slick method and improved method for reporting this info to everyone. Until then please keep voting, it helps us prioritize.

Thanks again!
    - The Modern Tribe Support Team

14. Select which event details to show on main views

The idea is to add an admin interface where users can select which details they want to be viewable on the main calendar views, such as List or Month. An On/Off toggle could be made available for some or all of the following event details:
    * Title
    * Description
    * Featured Image
    * Organizer
    * Venue
    * Recurring
    * Cost
    * Categories
    * Tags
    * Event Website
    In some cases this will allow you to view more fields than are now shown by default, in others it will hide the default details if you toggle them off. This will bring…

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. create a search bar widget

Make the events search bar a widget. It’s such a great tool, but it’s hidden on my homepage with no easy way to put it out front where it really belongs.

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to change Google Maps to other Maps provider

USE Open Street Maps as it is free. Google maps is no longer free!!!

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Display search results in list view when month is default view

When doing a keyword search when month/calendar view is default, it would be much more user friendly to display a list if search results of all future events rather than just searching and displaying those (if any) in the current month and having to scroll through.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Date Picker for Recurring Events as an option

I am part of a nationwide franchise that has a co-op website for public events. There's a feature that we on on THAT calendar that is INCREDIBLE for recurring events as well as being very flexible for custom date rules.

We can, much like this one, select various rules such as every 1st Wednesday of the month, or every other Tuesday, etc.

However, when we edit an event, date picker calendars will pop up with every day/date the event is scheduled for. We can simply click on a date to remove ONE or MORE of the current scheduled events, AND…

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. List View > Adding infinite scrolling

Just like using the "infinite Scroll" in Jetpack for blog posts on archive pages. Simply set the number of events in list view you want to have preloaded, and when you reach the end of that list then autoload the next batch...

98 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a "redo search when map moved" feature similar to yelp.com's search results page

When moving or zooming the map it'd be great to have an option to have the list underneath the map refresh to only show the events relevant to what's being displayed in the map. For an example of this just see yelp.com's search results.

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base