Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our help desk. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. categories for organizers & venues

In PRO version of your plug-in need categories for organizers & venues.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Filter events by date range / day on single venue / organiser pages

It would be nice to be able to filter the events in a single venue by date.
    Consider in the case of a trade show / festival / university model which may have multiple stages / theatres with multiple events occurring over several days. It would be good to display these both in a page and in a widget.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. allow the option to add attendee information to the emailed tickets and admin confirmation.

Thank you for the ability to collect Attendee Information i.e., First and Last Name of multiple tickets to the actual purchase process prior to check out. Now, how about an option to add that collected information to either the Attendee Ticket and / or the Administrator email?

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  6 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow different page layouts for calendar views and single events

I would love if the calendar was one page layout (in my case full width) and an event page a different one (in my case with a sidebar). The calendar needs lots of room so it makes it sense to display it full width but for an event page I would like to show ads and other content in a sidebar.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Register multiple attendees in one purchase under separate names & email

When someone clicks to 3 RSVPs attending - I want to have them add each individual attendee name. Right now RSVPs are only allowed to enter one name.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  12 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. WooCommerce > Show Attendee information on the checkout page

USER STORIES & GOALS

• I am a customer who added multiple tickets to my WooCommerce shopping cart, I would like to confirm that I filled out the data for each ticket accurately before clicking Proceed to Checkout.

• I am a customer who realized that one of the multiple tickets in my cart has inaccurate attendee meta info. I would like to edit only that ticket, or at least remove it from my cart without removing all of the others.

SOME POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS

• When 2+ tickets are added to the cart, each one will appear as a separate item in the…
    60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mailchimp integration

An add-on to integrate with Mailchimp would be nice. I would like to automate with Mailchimp a weekly email reminding users of the weeks upcoming events. This would be a nature extension of any calendar plugin it would seem, but I have yet to find that integration.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Third Party Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Form fields are missing labels. Please add them for ADA compliance.

Form fields are missing labels. Please add them for ADA compliance.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Attendees list in alphabetical order

It would be helpful if the attendees list in WooTickets could be sorted by alphabetical order either by first or last name.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make external event link a button or word instead

Where we can make a External Event link a button instead of the full external link. If the external link to the event is quite long it doesn't make a pleasant design. The long external links are ungly on their own in body content of a blog post. If we could use the words "link" or external website.

I also posted this to the WordPress forums.
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/make-external-event-link-a-button-instead?replies=2

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Private/Members Only Calendar

I would like the ability to hide the calendar (and subsequently any events, venues and organisers) from logged out users.

I recently came upon a situation when a site owner asked me to hide the calender unless the user was logged in. I know it is possible to make an event private, however, the site owner didn't like this as they though an empty calendar looked depressing and misleading to potential members of the site.

So why not have the ability to hide any plugin content from users and display an alternative (possibly custom) message requesting the user to login?

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  New plugin ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Have Calendar Widget show next 5 events regardless of month

in the calendar widget there are "only" shown events that are in the future of the current month. (I selected to show 5)
    but if there are events in the following months and not in the present, it does only show the calendar, but not the next events.
    sure, if I "switch" the month in the widget to another month, the events of this future or past month are shown, but the customers are lazy, they want to have it like:
    when calling the site, show the X(5 in my case) upcoming events and only if i switch to future…

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Event Slider

Ability to add code to a slider to display one event per slide. The code syntax would contain the first, second, third, etc event to be displayed. A slide template would be available for customization. Expired events would not be displayed. Provide an alternate default slide in the case where there are no upcoming events.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Notify organizer when event is created

I Would love to have the possibility that as soon as an event is created an email is send to the organizer.

Or the possibility to add instructors to an event who are notified that an event is created

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show Attendee Details on QR Scan

Having the ability to check-in tickets via the new QR scan app is helpful, however all of our tickets have options available via Attendee Details that need to be shown. Shirt size for instance. If a summary of these details were displayed on QR scan it would stream line our check-in process.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  4 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Shared media library for community events submissions

On many websites most of the events are being created by users.
    They upload the events and an according image via the Event Submit page:
    http://www.domain.com/events/community/add

Unfortunately this unneccessarily blows up the media library with the same images (10 events of one band = 10 equal images in the media library).

It would be great to let the user select his own (security!) images via the media manager.

Here are two links with code snipplets that is maybe a good start to implement this:

Restricting access to only images that have been uploaded by the user:

http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/1482/restricting-users-to-view-only-media-library-items-they-have-uploaded

Integrate the media…

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Community Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Integrate with PolyLang

This plugin is already 95% working correctly with The Events Calendar.

There are only 2 things that ignore the language addition in the URL:

1. the "All Events" link in breadcrumb above Event Detail page

2. the "View all events" link at bottom of widget

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  7 comments  ·  Third Party Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Filter Bar as a Widget

The filter bar looks great but it creates a new column, taking up valuable space.

I'd like a WIDGET that calls the filter bar functionality. That way, if you're already using sidebars, you can simply plug activate the filter bar in a sidebar and NOT create that additional column! It would save a LOOOOOOT of space...

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  3 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Easy way to design and preview email ticket

The ticket emailed to customers is one of the major issues concerning the relationship with customers.
    The ticket design must be consistent with the design of the site to give the customer, the image of a professional product.
    But with the current system it is difficult to change the default design of the ticket: no preview no system to make it.So the idea would be to create the ticket in an editor ... a bit like gravity form or visual composer.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  6 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add 'today' option to the admin page filter

At the Filters & Columns area of the Events admin page, the user may add a 'Start date' filter and save it. This is convenient for future use. It would be even better to give the saved filter the ability to use today's date as a parameter.

But when choosing the start date 'date' from the dropdown calendar, there is no option to choose 'today' as the date. Another solution may be to add 'On and After Today' and 'On and Before Today' to the 'Start Date' dropdown menu.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base