Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our support forums. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow admins to set which email addresses receive alerts each time a user buys a ticket or RSVPs to an event

It would be useful to be able to define a list of email addresses that will receive an alert every time a ticket is sold or an RSVP is made (similar to Gravity Forms). Currently admin users have to remember to log in to the admin interface to check.
    Thankls

11 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

• Make it possible to print calendar

For folks who send out calendars via PDF or need to make photocopies, it would be great to have a printable version.

177 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

While a bit of a roundabout solution, one possibility is to get the iCal export link and then run the .ics file through a converter such as https://icsconvert.appspot.com/

And here’s a code snippet specific to the Twenty Sixteen theme that may be a good starting point for your own theme’s printer-friendly styling customization: https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/edec7dff1e2d92333682759d0b8de7de

• Default Content for Custom Fields

It would be really helpful if we could create custom fields and allow admins the ability to include default content (specifically in text areas) that could be used as-is OR modified by Organizer. In my case, I would like to incorporate an event Terms and Conditions text area field that each organizer could customize for their event - or just use the default T&C that i would provide.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• add waitlist capability

If events are sold out, it'd be nice to have a waitlist capability for last minute ticket cancellations.

201 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Some folks have started using the free Event Tickets addon as a waitlist ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/event-tickets/ ). With that plugin installed a new type of ticket becomes available: RSVP. You can add RSVPs “tickets” to sold out events. This allows users to share their email address if they are interested in attending. You can then email the list of interested users when a ticket becomes available.

With some minor wording modification you can even rename RSVP to “Waitlist” and change any other verbiage to help make this a decent wait list feature for your website.

We are of course still interested in building a true waitlist feature. It is something we are discussing and thinking over. In the mean time though we hope the solution above will help at least some of y’all meet your needs.

Thank you very much for your valued feedback. Cheers!
            - The Modern Tribe Support…

• Shortcode for Ticket Purchase (Eventbrite, etc.)

While the Events Calendar is quite robust, we'll sometimes have standalone pages for larger events. Purchasing tickets might be easier on those pages than on a brief synopsis in The Events Calendar.

Could we have a shortcode to display Eventbrite/etc. tickets on posts/pages?

Anchors don't work well with most naming structures.

11 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello all,

Thank you for your votes and comments.
              We would love to see more votes on this one.

Also, as it stands, please note that for RSVP and Event Tickets plus tickets, it is already possible to add them to posts, pages and custom post types (not via a shortcode, but by selecting the appropriate setting under the Events > Settings > Tickets tab)

Cheers

• Add limit="x" option to tribe_events shortcode

Adding a LIMIT argument to the tribe_events shortcode could work for Photo, List, Day, and Map views.

The shortcode option in Pro is great!
              It would be even greater if there was an option to limit the shown events in the list.
              Like: [tribe_events limit="10" view="photo"]

Than you would be able to show the Photo view for instance on the homepage only the first 3 events and on a calendar page all the events.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Roger

16 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the idea! We definitely see the value in this. It has been added to our list of features we would like to implement. We thank you for your patience as we work through all of the other features that were added before this one.

Eric from our forums shared an excellent snippet of code that allows you to alter this right now. As he notes it employs a bit of a hack, but it should work on most servers. You can paste this code in your functions.php, modify the number of events you want shown inside the code, and you’re done!

If you have any questions or need assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out via our forums. Cheers!
                - The Modern Tribe Support Team

• Add to Cart via AJAX

It'd be really helpful to have an approach to add products to the cart via AJAX rather than add to cart and reload out to the cart page.

The current flow is a hinderance to users attempting to buy tickets to multiple events.

13 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Let Users Import their Facebook Events into Community Events

It would be cool if users submitting events through Community Events could input a Facebook URL and we import the rest with our Facebook Events plugin.

83 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion! This is something we are very interested in.

With Event Aggregator we released a unified interface for importing an event from Facebook, Eventbrite, and Meetup. Are any of you interested in allowing community import from these other services?

In the mean time checkout @Anselm’s great customization that provides this capability.

Cheers!

• Multiple currencies for events

It would be great to set different currencies for each event, depending on the country of the venue

2 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for a great idea Heinz.

If you are not selling tickets using Event Tickets Plus, then this is already possible. You can use the Event Cost field for the event to specify the currency and cost for each event on the Add New event screen. While this field can be hidden automatically at times, this extension can keep it available at all times.

If you are selling tickets with Event Tickets Plus then we are somewhat limited by the ecommerce platforms. For instance, WooComerce only supports one currency for the entire store. However, as that article mentions there are some independent third parties that attempt to add this feature to WooCommerce. If you are using one and have had success with it, please let us know what it is in the comments below.

Cheers!
                      - The Modern Tribe Team

• Allow Print or xls Export

I Would like to be able to print the calendar off the website, or perhaps export it into a spreadsheet then print it, at the moment i am using it for a school website and parents would like to print off the calendar and stick it on their fridges.

32 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Event Slider

Ability to add code to a slider to display one event per slide. The code syntax would contain the first, second, third, etc event to be displayed. A slide template would be available for customization. Expired events would not be displayed. Provide an alternate default slide in the case where there are no upcoming events.

26 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Tribe Bar keyword search to include category

Tribe Bar keyword search doesn’t include the category that an item is categorized in: it appears to only search the title and description of the event.

The keyword search should include the category that an item is in.

6 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Archive Events from the Backend

Make it so you can hide/archive events on the back end so they are no longer in the long list of events, but could be retrieved later if you have another similar event or want to refer to a previous event. Or would be great if you could export events to a CSV file so you could save a copy of them and then delete them from the back end. Either way, it would keep the list of events shorter and cleaner.

3 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sending this idea in, Jane! Quick question: are the built-in WordPress post status and filters not helpful here? For example, could you move an event from Published to Draft, then view all Published events from there?

We also have another (free) plugin called Advanced Post Manager that would help make that filtering process a lot smoother as well:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-post-manager/

Let us know if you had a different idea in mind and, if so, what that might look like.

• notify registerred users

I am trying to find an event plugin that would allow me to email all registered users when an event is posted. I need a way to notify the community of the event/meeting.

A simple check box while creating a new event to use the WP email server to notify all users. Or added benefit would be to notify groups or contact lists.

I am surprised that this is not already available.

4 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Bulk edit > Add more events fields like Organizer and Venues to bulk editor

When selecting multiple events you can bulk edit category/status/author. Desperately need the ability to change organizer and venue en masse instead of 1x1, especially since we have 100s of events.

When importing with FB vs. EventBrite some venues and organizers have slight variations in names ("The Place" vs "Place") which creates multiple duplicate venues and organizers that all have the same name.

If not a way to bulk edit event venue and organizer, then a way to merge duplicates would work.

3 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Change the order of tickets by end sale date or manually

We use Event Ticket Plus with WooCommerce to list tickets for the same event on different dates on a single product page. We find the last listing, usually a ticket for later date would appear on top.

We need the tickets for events due soonest to be on top of the list and ticket for later dates appear at the bottom of the list.

It would be useful to have the ability to change the order of how the tickets are displayed either manually via order number or order by end sale date or drag and drop boxes.

The snippet…

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Samuel,
                                    Thanks for reaching out with this idea.

It is possible to have different sorting by modifying that snippet in the article you referenced.

Instead of ‘price’ and ‘name’ you can also use ‘start_date’ or ‘end_date’, ‘ID’ as well. (‘ID’ ascending would be the time added one.)

If you want to change the sort order, then change the direction of ‘<’ and ‘>’.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

• More event details in different views

I really like the idea of having the On/Off toggle for event details, however if that is not possible I would be happy with just a few more event details on some of the views.

We do lots of different events and sometimes it will be the same artist or band in 2 or 3 different cities it would be great if at the very least the city was always visible in all views.

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Follow-up Event Email for all customers, not just attendees

Currently you can configure Follow-up Emails to send auto emails to Event attendees. It would be nice to have an option to configure these auto Follow-up Emails to send to all customers; not just event attendees. This would allow you to market upcoming Events to your customers.

3 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Advanced List Widget: [tribe_events_list] to allow category=Yes and Tags=yes

We use the [tribe_events_list] both for individual categories event listings and also the combined list of events. For the latter it would be great to be able to display the category name.
                                        It doesn't seem that you can currently add either the category or the tags as extra information to the view for this shortcode?

2 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add a REGION field to venues, and a shortcode to filter venues by REGION.

Add a REGION field to venues, and a shortcode to filter venues by REGION. New York City is technically 1 City, but has 5 boroughs (counties), and many individual cities in those boroughs. A REGION field and shortcode filter would enable us to list venues by borough (e.g., Manhattan, Brooklyn, etc.) or by neighborhood (e.g., Greenwich Village, Hell's Kitchen, Upper East Side, etc.). The next step is to map venues by region.

Just switched from Events Manager (EM). EM maps multiple venues by region, category, and tag. EM displays map points for past events that match those criteria. So you…

9 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sharing the idea. Perhaps this could also be used as a county field for folks interested in one of those. Some international address formats such as the Dominican Republic which specify a province + locality + sublocality, which this field might also be used for.

In the meantime, I believe supporters might be interested in the following kb post: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/additional-fields-for-venues-and-organizers/

Cheers!

← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base