Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our support forums. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make 'Categories' available via the REST Api

A simple list of all of the event categories in a separate url would be extremely handy!

Exactly like the current wp-json/wp/v2/categories

Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and share an idea. It’s good to know what would be handy for the devs.

To quote our chief strategist “we’ll be adding it for sure”. We do not have an ETA. This was just added to our roadmap which maps out over a years worth of the team’s time and is full up at the moment. But as soon as we’re able this feature will be added. Hopefully it is something we can slip in when there is a small opening.

Cheers!
      - The Modern Tribe Support Team

• Recurring Event Support for Tickets

Currently our WooTickets plugin does not work fully with recurring events, and users can only purchase tickets for the most upcoming event in a series. Would it be useful to you to combine the power of WooTickets with the PRO recurring events feature?

239 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

We really appreciate the tremendous of support this feature request has received. What is important to y’all is what guides our roadmap. Your feedback on this feature request has actually driven us to completely re-architect much of our plugins over the past couple of years.

This is a truly herculean feature request. While designing the user interface is simple, it requires many developers and many months worth of time get things in place for that simple interface to work. We have already devoted hundreds of hours of time to this, and still have many more to go.

Our next feature release will contain a lot more architecture improvements, and will put us many miles closer to the finish line. There are likely to be a few more similar releases in the coming months before this is truly complete.

In an effort to not mislead folks we are marking this with…
      • Email list of event attendees to admin before event

Have a field to enter in the amount of time you wish to receive an automatic email of event attendees and a field to enter who the email is sent to. This idea was suggested to me by one of our clients, it would make it easier for event organizers to view the attendee list if they are uncomfortable with using the WordPress back end.

Loving the plugin by the way, Cheers!

259 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Ticket Bundles / Multiple Event Passes

Set up ticket bundles - for example selling a All Access Pass (all events) or a Pass for a couple of events that provides either tickets for each event and/or for limited seat events a count per pass purchased towards each single event included in the pass.

91 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• One event with multiple venues

If I have three venues that have the same event it would be nice to list all three venues instead of three events.

102 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you guys so much for this idea, and explaining the various use cases where it would be helpful. This has been some tremendous feedback, and helps us understand how best to address your needs.

Some of you will benefit best from our upcoming templating feature, which would allow you to easily duplicate event details from one event to another while changing only the things that vary, such as a venue. Others will no doubt enjoy the ability to link arbitrary events together as one event series. This might be ideal for conventions and large events with multiple days and facilities. This too is an upcoming feature.

The rest would clearly enjoy the ability to have just one event with multiple venues, as you can do with organizers. Thanks to all of your excellent feedback this too is now a feature on our roadmap. It will likely be implemented as…

• Improve the Events Aggregators "built-in REST API" to allow create/delete/update of events from a JSON feed

Improve the Events Aggregators "built-in REST API" to allow create/delete/update of events from a JSON feed that is NOT ECP.

4 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Import events from Eventbrite API

Allow the Aggregator to extract all Eventbrite events

12 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Community Events WPML support

WPML is necessary for localize event websites, which are going to publish the event/ticket from frontend and sell the ticket.

36 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Import Events from Facebook profile

Do automatic/scheduled imports from an individual Facebook profile

17 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add a language configuration for Google Maps links

The google map link in venue info has now a parameter hl=en. It would be great to be able to configure it to use any language.

5 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Feature event thumbnail link

Hi,

first of all The Events Calendar is really great plugin.

I am using for all events the function Feature Event to show the thumbnail picture in the widget area. Right now I can go the event detail only if I click on the Event name. What I need is to have link also on the thumbnail picture. Especialy on mobile users try to click on picture but there is no link.

Can you please add this feature?

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Option on recurring events which allows the event to maintain it's own details within the recurring series

Would be nice to have a checkbox or other option on recurring events which allows for that instance of a recurring event to maintain it's own details without removing that event from the recurring series.

33 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Year View

I have had users asking for a year view -- for planning purposes. They are able to go from month to month, but occasionally events run over month lines they lose concentration clicking from month to month. Plus, it does give an over-all view when making assessments and yearly time considerations.
                            Plus, it seems like it might be a fairly easy addition -- just a screen shot of all the months together.

19 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you guys so much for your feedback. Work on this is about 50% complete.

However, when we reanalyzed our priorities we realized that some of our new features, like year view, should be put on hold for now to make time for some higher impact endeavors. We are currently focused on bug fixes, architecture improvements, and polishing our current UI. While these improvements are not as “flashy” as new features like year view, they are helping a significantly greater portion of our users than this sort of new feature. Thus, we have to focus on these for a while longer. Once those tasks are complete we will have some extra time for exciting things like finishing year view.

Cheers!

• Add a recurring event option to CSV uploads

Add a recurring event option to CSV uploads so that you can add recurring events as currently to have to add the event multiple times.

4 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

This is something we are currently investivating to see how feasible it is. We would love to add this ability, but due to the complexity of recurrence patterns it may not be possible to import these via CSV, at least without making it so complex it has a huge learning curve and is a pain to work with. If we deem this possible then we would definitely like to build it. :)

Thanks for sharing the idea!

Cheers!

• Additional Fields for Venues and Organizers.

Add custom fields or attributes for Venues and Organizers.

13 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)