Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our help desk. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Filter Bar compatible with shortcoded calendars

Would be nice to add the filter bar feature to every page with a calendar via shortcode, not only in the event page.

Then it would allow you to make filtered calendars on pages, and let to the user play with the other fields to check information.

166 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ticketed for consideration  ·  61 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • WooCommerce > Show Attendee information on the checkout page

USER STORIES & GOALS

- I am a customer who added multiple tickets to my WooCommerce shopping cart, I would like to confirm that I filled out the data for each ticket accurately before clicking Proceed to Checkout.
      - I am a customer who realized that one of the multiple tickets in my cart has inaccurate attendee meta info. I would like to edit only that ticket, or at least remove it from my cart without removing all of the others.

SOME POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS

- When 2+ tickets are added to the cart, each one will appear as a separate…

53 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Create a TBA/TBD or No Date Event

It would be great to be able to create an event with no date or have the date/time display as TBA (To Be Announced) or TBD (To Be Determined).

213 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Make it possible to print calendar

For folks who send out calendars via PDF or need to make photocopies, it would be great to have a printable version.

277 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

While a bit of a roundabout solution, one possibility is to get the iCal export link and then run the .ics file through a converter such as https://icsconvert.appspot.com/

And here’s a code snippet specific to the Twenty Sixteen theme that may be a good starting point for your own theme’s printer-friendly styling customization: https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/edec7dff1e2d92333682759d0b8de7de

• Shortcode for Community Events

i need to embed the community event submission form into a page. shortcode or some other way to accomplish this would be very useful.

72 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

ticketed for consideration  ·  22 comments  ·  Community Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Reusable Ticket Defaults/Profiles (as per Venues and Organizers)

I would like to see Wootickets integrate a list of default ticket profiles, where we can fill out the commonly used fields we re-type hundreds of times. Almost all of the ticket fields could be automatically populated based on a template, with changes and variations made as needed.

For my personal needs, 99% of the hundreds of tickets I create every month could be selected from a list of 8 profiles, with information being spit out for: names, description, price, start/end sales, stock, etc.

The two fields that would require some consideration for advanced functionality would be:

variable time frames…

150 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Option to change Google Maps to other Maps provider

USE Open Street Maps as it is free. Google maps is no longer free!!!

67 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Enable Additional Fields support in Other URL imports

I believe that the use case is a valuable one. We have a group event calendar whereby having Additional Fields import capability could be utilized to easily customize various event listings coming in from various "Other URL" scheduled imports from participating organizations. Everyone would use the same set of Additional Fields to specify information about their event. We would then use these field values as variables for controlling the ultimate display of the event item at runtime.

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Additional Fields Should Support Date Fields

I would LOVE IT if additional fields supported dates and date ranges, and the filter bar would search in a date rage.

For instance, our events have a registration open and close date, but we're not responsible for ticketing. To allow our users to see what events have opened recently would be huge. :)

5 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Forgotten Password/Username Function

Forgotten Password/Username button on the Sign In/Register page. Urgently needed! Thanks.

4 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Add a search to the scheduled imports

I have 7 pages of scheduled imports and sometimes need to find one of them. Would save a LOT of time over the years if I could just search instead of browsing through 7 pages. Please add to the next upgrade!

22 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

ticketed for consideration  ·  13 comments  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Allow HTML markup in Additional Fields

It would be very helpful to be able to use HTML markup and styling in text Additional Fields. I wanted to enter a set of links as a styled list, the result was a string of comma-separated links.

6 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow orderby / order to be passed to Rest API endpoints

Allow user the ability to pass through orderby / order via query to the Rest API endpoints.

E.g.
                            /wp-json/tribe/events/v1/events?order=desc
                            /wp-json/tribe/events/v1/events?orderby=id
                            /wp-json/tribe/events/v1/events?orderby=start_date&order=desc

4 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Events API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Make 'Categories' available via the REST Api

A simple list of all of the event categories in a separate url would be extremely handy!

Exactly like the current wp-json/wp/v2/categories

Thanks

8 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

ticketed for consideration  ·  0 comments  ·  Events API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • +Export Events button on category page to export category events only

At the moment, the +Export Events button on a category page adds every single event (on the whole calendar) to your diary (which is a disaster). Would be great if the +Export Events button on category pages only exported the events listed in that category.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• One-page Checkout on Event pages

For a streamlined purchase process, put the checkout form directly on the Event page. (See Woocommerce One-Page Checkout by Prospress)

This would also solve the request by several people to be able to skip the Cart page to go direct to Checkout, and might also resolve the issue of quantities being changed in the Cart or at Checkout.

If there were a dynamic panel right above the checkout form that summarized the custom data fields that would also potentially resolve the issue of making changes during checkout that are then not reflected in those fields .

There are a few…

70 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Import Google Calendar attached images as event image

I am quite surprised this feature has not been included in a prior iCal Importer update or the release of Event Aggregator.

Can Event Aggregator import the attached image in Google Calendar and use it as the event image for Wordpress? I know this can be done as some other platforms already do this.

I have hundreds of events on my calendar, and adding an image to every single one is not an option.

Thank you!

34 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Add a datepicker for birth dates (or any other dates) to tickets

As we offer many events for kids (e.g. ski lessons) it is mandatory to receive the kid's birth date. If we just add a text field, we get different date formats and can't use them for further planing in Excel.

29 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Force a Run Import on several selected Scheduled Imports

Just like you can select several plugins to update, I would like to select several "Scheduled Imports" and force a "Run Import" on all of them at once. Since I'm often getting that red circle error saying last time of import is unknown, this would be a nice way to make sure the import has been run. And it would just be a useful option in general.

7 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

ticketed for consideration  ·  1 comment  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Advanced List Widget: [tribe_events_list] to allow category=Yes and Tags=yes

We use the [tribe_events_list] both for individual categories event listings and also the combined list of events. For the latter it would be great to be able to display the category name.
                                          It doesn't seem that you can currently add either the category or the tags as extra information to the view for this shortcode?

3 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1