I suggest you ...

Allow manual entry of attendee information

I'd like to be able to go into the backend and manually add an attendee to the list.

123 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kate Moore shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Why is this not already a thing? It seems like the most basic of functionality.

• Scott commented  · 

I agree that this is a basic function. We have customers writing a check or using cash in person to purchase tickets. Allowing manual entry will open up a lot more potential for this plugin.

• Emily Hazelton commented  · 

Any updates on this feature? This is a very needed feature for event-managers!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Allow admin to edit attendee information is essential for a ticketing system. Have checked about this since last year but still not implementing yet after a year.

• Michael Thwaite commented  · 

Brook, I've just checked back on this as we're constantly running into situations where an attendee mis-keys a name or asks us to change the name on a ticket as they're looking to substitute one event attendee for another so, for the avoidance of doubt, the use case is:

"I am a site admin who wants to be able to edit the attendee meta information submitted alongside tickets or RSVPs on behalf of my customers so that they do not have to do it themselves."

• Emily Hazelton commented  · 

This would be excellent -- was it added to a future release? I'm curious to hear an update. Thanks! -Emily

• Adam Helman commented  · 

For me - as a site admin - I want to be able to correct the odd entry as some customers put the wrong things in the wrong field, i.e. their name in a field for email address - sure, if I could do some validation at submission / purchase time I would but I cannot see easily how to do that. So correcting the odd one after the fact is fine.

Secondly, the customers do not login or have an account (nor do I want them to in this case), so they cannot do it themselves.

• Johanne Britton commented  · 

Yes, this has lots of votes and is a basic function of being able to edit tickets as the admin.

Any word on when this will happen?

Jo

Hello,

I know the second option is available now but can we get the first one?

> I am a site admin who wants to be able to edit the attendee meta information submitted alongside tickets or RSVPs on behalf of my customers so that they do not have to do it themselves.

I agree with Michael 100%. This would make it easier for admins to change attendee meta information.

-----

Suggestion is at https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/16518778-edit-attendee-meta-information-in-admin-backend

The need is to allow admins to edit the "Additional Information" that is collected before tickets are added to the cart.

The scenario is:
        <ol>
        <li>User sets ticket quantity</li>
        <li>Users enters ticket information (All or partial)</li>
        <li>User adds to cart, pays</li>
        <li>User emails/contacts admin says "Help me out, change the details on the ticket"</li>
        <li>Admins visits backend of site to make amendment to customers ticket</li>
        <li>Locates ticket in list</li>
        <li>Expands details of ticket</li>
        <li>Presses 'edit' to adjust value</li>
        <li>Changes value</li>
        <li>Clicks 'update' to replace value in database</li>

• Paul Bradbury commented  · 

Any updates on this. Seems lost in the needs more votes category even though it has more votes than features that are being implemented.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'd +1 this if I could.
        My Story is > I am a site admin who wants to be able to edit the attendee meta information submitted alongside tickets or RSVPs on behalf of my customers so that they do not have to do it themselves.

The case for me is that we don't allow customer accounts, so every purchase is a guest purchase and therefore any amendments need to be made by the admin. Would appreciate this feature being made available

There are a few calls to allow admins to edit the "Additional Information" collected during ticket purchase however, the feature request appears to be locked pending additional clarification. I think that the clarification is present but there can be no further up votes for the feature as it appears to be locked.

Suggestion is at https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/16518778-edit-attendee-meta-information-in-admin-backend

The need is to allow admins to edit the "Additional Information" that is collected before tickets are added to the cart.

The scenario is:
        <ol>
        <li>User sets ticket quantity</li>
        <li>Users enters ticket information (All or partial)</li>
        <li>User adds to cart, pays</li>
        <li>User emails/contacts admin says "Help me out, change the details on the ticket"</li>
        <li>Admins visits backend of site to make amendment to customers ticket</li>
        <li>Locates ticket in list</li>
        <li>Expands details of ticket</li>
        <li>Presses 'edit' to adjust value</li>
        <li>Changes value</li>
        <li>Clicks 'update' to replace value in database</li>
        </ol>

I'd like to call for this - Many attendees don't have all the information for all the tickets and I don't want to put up any barriers to them placing orders.

• Kelly commented  · 

I appreciate that attendees change amend names on their tickets, but admins can do everything else, but not amend an attendee name - please make this change!

• Tanya Barr commented  · 

Need this please, admins need to be able to add/edit this information after the order has been placed. We run events where we need add tours or workshops information after the sale of tickets has started, so those who have already placed tickets will often ring or email additional information to us.

• Anonymous commented  · 

so I sell tickets both at events and online for my up coming events. I am just finding there is no way to add a ticket with out charging the customer directly on my site. What a flaw.... I was using Event Espresso before and they did have what we needed in regards to the basics. Please let me know your plans on adding a method to either add people or if you have a time line as to when you will add this as a basic function.
        Thank you.

• Pedro Mendonça commented  · 

This would be great.
        Admins might also need to have metadata on attendees not available to them. This can be helpful for subgroups, filtering criteria for mailing, eg. send mails to attendees that didn't RSVP the last X events.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base