I suggest you ...

Add Stripe to Community Tickets

At the minute community members can sell tickets to their events using paypal. It would be awesome if they could do so and receive payment through Stripe Connect.

62 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matthew BoydMatthew Boyd shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Björn PetterssonBjörn Pettersson commented  · 

I allready have Stripe payments for other functions on my site. It would be SO easy to just use one payment solution!
        Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  · 

We need Stripe Connect for community tickets as a matter of urgency.
        Paypal are no longer authorising split payments as an option so it is impossible to use community ticketing.
        Paypal split payments was never really a viable option anyway as any refund (due to the event organiser not delivering etc) comes entirely out of the site admin Paypal account- so for example if a ticket costs £100 and the site fees are 5% then under Paypal split payments the event organiser receives £95 and the site admin receives £5. However if a refund is necessary (or a paypal dispute) then the ENTIRE refund is taken from the site admin account. So site admin would be £95 in deficit for every ticket refunded and have no way of clawing this back from the event organiser. It would be possible to end up seriously out of pocket.

Stripe Connect however handles all of this properly. When a community event organiser lists their event they link their Stripe account. Using the same example above -when a ticket is sold he site admin would receive £5 and the community organiser £95 each direct into their Stripe account. If a refund is authorised the refunds are processed with the same split and the payment processing fees are also refunded.
        Not only is Stripe Connect much safer and simpler for the site admin it is currently the ONLY option to use the fuctionality of community ticketing since Paypal will no longer approve new split payment applications.
        I think this would also solve the problem of event organisers not being notified when they sell a ticket as (according to the information I have from Stripe support) a transaction receipt is sent to both parties receiving the split payments.
        The only other work around is to not enable split payments and to manually pay event organisers their percentage but the Events Calendar reporting is not sufficient to support this (cannot generate a monthly sales report for each organiser for example) so it becomes a massive and tedious admin burden.

We NEED Stripe Connect as a matter of urgency. Please can we have a timescale for this?

• Ky HamiltonKy Hamilton commented  · 

I'm debating having my developers build this feature. However, I would hate to front development costs when this should be built in.

• DamianDamian commented  · 

It would be fine to have Split Payments thru Stripe. Thanks

• Colin McCreeryColin McCreery commented  · 

Really hope you guys can implement this soon. Stripe is now the preferred payment processor for most of us and this really needs to get moved to the top f the development list.

• Tom ClaffyTom Claffy commented  · 

Based on the support issues I am seeing with Paypal and my personal experiences with Paypal, I would say not having stripe would stop me from purchasing ETP which is quite disappointing as I have several customers that would use this.

• MathMath commented  · 

Please also consider that you have clients from all over the world, so when developing a product think outside America. All your solutions must be global not just USA.

• Robert ShippeyRobert Shippey commented  · 

Using Stripe Connect in this plugin for auto-splitting payment is a no brainer. It's a perfect fit and would solve so many problems. I really want to use your plugins but this is a deal-breaker for me.

• KevinKevin commented  · 

I Purchased Community Tickets and all required plugins - but Paypal did not approve my business account application. They said I could only use the general account (which redirects all customers to paypal's page instead of keeping them on my checkout page - very unprofessional). They said the reason i wasn't approved is because marketplaces like this are too high risk for chargebacks and Paypal doesn't allow their business accounts to be part of it!!!! This is a huge miss that the only merchant account that works is Paypal general! I feel like I wasted my money on the Event and Community Tickets plugins.

• Robert NeidlingerRobert Neidlinger commented  · 

Paypal Adaptive payments is very problematic and we are eager for an alternative. We run an event marketplace and paypal causes daily problems

* They frequently reject payments for any number of reasons.
        * Consumers have a very difficult time navigating palpal's convoluted payment gateway. Paypal purposefully makes it confusing trying to lure people into using a paypal account as opposed to paying with credit cards. Even more difficult via mobile checking out via Paypal.
        * Using adaptive payments, the consumer gets no less than 3 emails for a transaction. The order confirmation email from our company and two from paypal. One for the ticket and the second for our service fee. It's a horrible user experience.

I want a simple, straightforward payment gateway that allows people to easily buy tickets, get one email and be done with it. Our internal requirement is that it integrates with woo commerce and splits payments b/w the event organizer and us.

• Matthew BoydMatthew Boyd commented  · 

Just a bit more info. Paypal adaptive is really bad for split payments. Either you have to take the money yourself and pay all your vendors or if you split immediately the refund process is really complicated. Stripe avoids all of this. Splits the payments immediately and your vendor can give a full refund with one click (including fees).

Feedback and Knowledge Base