I suggest you ...

Recurrence vs. repeating events

Scenario: A singe event that spans several days at the same time. For example a 3-day seminar or class that is 9:00 am - 3:00 pm on all three days.

As it stands now, when you setup the recurrence pattern, on the calendar it looks like three separate events on separate dates. I would be nice to see it span the dates. More so, if you set a price, on the surface it looks like the price is 'X' amount for each day and not for the entire event.

I have seen this functionality in other premium event calendars.

115 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mathew shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michael commented  · 

Also better for URL generation. My 3 day event shouldn't have 3 URLS. When I specify a multi-day event, i should be able to specify times for each day as well. One URL. One source of information for one event.

• Steve commented  · 

We have a lot of recurring events. I'd love a master single event view template that could be linked to as a "Featured" view. This would look similar to the single event template except instead of a single date, it's a master featured recurring event page that has the date info for the series in one post.

Basically instead of a date like January 20 (single event date) it could say "Weekly on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday" or "through March 15"

This helps big time if we are sharing events on social media or other websites so that we can link to one master page with all of the event info, regardless of what today's date is. The alternative is to link to the recurrence list which is a long list of the same event info over and over. It's overwhelming and doesn't look nearly as good as the single event view. Thanks for the consideration!

• Harry Hitzeman commented  · 

Have Event List Widget for multi-date event show duration in a format, such as July 7-10; 9:00 am to 5:00 pm each day instead of July 7; 9:00am - July 10; 5:00pm

• Julio commented  · 

An event could have subevents, like a 2-3 days conference (300 participants) could have general sessions with all the participants and smaller sessions at same time for smaller groups. (6 sessions for 50 people)

• Mark commented  · 

One event can consist of multiple days spread over multiple weeks. For example: a training which spans 2 days this week AND 2 days next week. These are 4 days spread over 2 weeks but it is ONE event! Please make this possible. thanks!

• Harry Wiseman commented  · 

When developing a site recently it became evident that when you have recurring events throughout a month the list view is bombarded with the same event again and again.

A good idea for a feature of the list page would be to group the events by name (on a per month basis) with a "Show dates" button on the event which opens a dropdown showing dates/times the event is on.

This would save the user having to scroll through multiples and would provide a better UX for the list view.

Thanks,

Harry

Feedback and Knowledge Base