I suggest you ...

Recurrence vs. repeating events

Scenario: A singe event that spans several days at the same time. For example a 3-day seminar or class that is 9:00 am - 3:00 pm on all three days.

As it stands now, when you setup the recurrence pattern, on the calendar it looks like three separate events on separate dates. I would be nice to see it span the dates. More so, if you set a price, on the surface it looks like the price is 'X' amount for each day and not for the entire event.

I have seen this functionality in other premium event calendars.

145 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mathew shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this would be great, especially for live events like a webinar series that is meant to be done on multiple dates but is one cohesive series.

• southwestsam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We run training courses for professional development in five day blocks.

People can, and often do, attend the full five-day block but others will want to attend individual day(s) within the block. It would be useful to have the five-day block as the parent event with each day as an individual child event.

As it stands I have to create five separate courses to monitor attendance for each course (annoying for people that want to book all five days as they have to go into each separate event to book a ticket) or create a five-day event with separate ticket types for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday etc. This makes it easier for those booking, but managing attendees more difficult at the back end.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also better for URL generation. My 3 day event shouldn't have 3 URLS. When I specify a multi-day event, i should be able to specify times for each day as well. One URL. One source of information for one event.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a lot of recurring events. I'd love a master single event view template that could be linked to as a "Featured" view. This would look similar to the single event template except instead of a single date, it's a master featured recurring event page that has the date info for the series in one post.

Basically instead of a date like January 20 (single event date) it could say "Weekly on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday" or "through March 15"

This helps big time if we are sharing events on social media or other websites so that we can link to one master page with all of the event info, regardless of what today's date is. The alternative is to link to the recurrence list which is a long list of the same event info over and over. It's overwhelming and doesn't look nearly as good as the single event view. Thanks for the consideration!

• Harry Hitzeman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have Event List Widget for multi-date event show duration in a format, such as July 7-10; 9:00 am to 5:00 pm each day instead of July 7; 9:00am - July 10; 5:00pm

• Julio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An event could have subevents, like a 2-3 days conference (300 participants) could have general sessions with all the participants and smaller sessions at same time for smaller groups. (6 sessions for 50 people)

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One event can consist of multiple days spread over multiple weeks. For example: a training which spans 2 days this week AND 2 days next week. These are 4 days spread over 2 weeks but it is ONE event! Please make this possible. thanks!

• Harry Wiseman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When developing a site recently it became evident that when you have recurring events throughout a month the list view is bombarded with the same event again and again.

A good idea for a feature of the list page would be to group the events by name (on a per month basis) with a "Show dates" button on the event which opens a dropdown showing dates/times the event is on.

This would save the user having to scroll through multiples and would provide a better UX for the list view.

Thanks,

Harry

Feedback and Knowledge Base