I suggest you ...

Add the option to allow the user to download the event ticket.

Hey, I've been using your plugins for over a year now and the consistent problem of ticket emails not sending can be solved if the option to download the ticket as a pdf was made available. This would reduce the amount of emails about not receiving tickets, the user can log into their account and see the tab My Events with the tickets ready to download and resend as an email.

I know I'm not alone who is still suffering the emails so this would be a really cool addition.

Vote it up!!!!

57 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Johanne BrittonJohanne Britton shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

Thank you all for your feedback. This feature has now been released as part of a free downloadable extension (miniature plugin). You can find the extension here: Add a “View Tickets” link for viewing, printing, and downloading tickets.

This has been something we have wanted to implement for a long time, due to y’alls feedback. As the tickets themselves are a customizable HTML template, it is necessary to implement an HTML to PDF converter. Unfortunately, converting between these formats is a difficult task and is not an exact science. Further, it takes many megabytes of code to make it happen. We would not want to include all that bloat in our core plugin, when most users do not need this feature. This conversion is also very demanding of your server, and might require a more powerful server than the rest of Event Tickets.

It is for these reasons that we currently do not wish to include this feature in our core plugin. However, by making this a separate free extension you can download, we are able to avoid bloating the core plugin. By tapping into the mature third party library included with DK PDF, the extension is able to add this capability without being many megabytes in size. Thus, for those of you that want Downloadable PDFs and have a server powerful enough to create them, this extension is perfect!

We really appreciate all of your feedback and are excited to launch this. Thanks for being awesome!

- The Modern Tribe Support Team

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)