I suggest you ...

Add a search option for scheduled imports in Events Aggregator

Add a search option for Scheduled Imports. When you have a lot of scheduled imports, it's a challenge to find specific imports

3 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mollean Young commented  · 

The Screen Options and Ctrl F mentioned below are helpful, but not as helpful as being able to sort the source column alphabetically. We need a way to delete duplicates easily. Having too many duplicates might make people want to upgrade to the next tier unnecessarily. Hopefully, that is not a reason to withhold this feature. Seems like an easy feature to add. I am unable to vote for this here since the idea has been closed. Please reopen.

• Mollean Young commented  · 

Can you enable a sort feature so that we can sort Scheduled Imports alphabetically by “source”? Since there is a sort for “last import”, I would hope this is an easy addition to the Scheduled Imports page. Being able to sort the scheduled imports by source would help to get rid of duplicates and see if I already have an import scheduled before adding again. Thanks!

• Craig commented  · 

I agree. I have 7 pages of scheduled imports. Due to the inability to add multiple tags at import, I have to flip through each page to determine my import history. Each event I import, requires additinal tags and social media promotion. When i look at history for imports, I have to then try to find that specific event in another window. Nor can I easily tell what events were just imported. If you could sort the historical import data in multiple ways such as "recent imports" or discard the historical imports that came up with no entries AND offer a search box so you could locate a specific venue, that would make this tool useful. Right now I have to have FOUR windows open at a time to do my job. It's confusing and time-consuming. You have created this beautiful auto-import feature with no way to sort the data so the job takes 5x as long as it needs to.

• Logan commented  · 

Once you have more than 2 pages of scheduled imports, sorting through them is a total pain. Would love support for searching for an import (much like searching for a post/page). As well as sorting by source/name alphabetically.

Sorting by name is the only way to check for duplicates (I have 17 pages of scheduled imports on my site).

• jsk commented  · 

Ah! Never noticed Screen Options, that'll solve my issue completely. thanks!

• AdminModern Tribe (Admin, The Events Calendar by Modern Tribe) commented  · 

Thank you for clarifying. One possible solution that you can implement right now is to click "Screen Options" in the upper right, and change the records per page to a large number such as 999. Then all of the records will be shown on the one page, and you can use your browsers find function to search through them. On Windows you would press Ctrl + F to open up the find, on Mac its Cmd + F. Type in "joe", and it will help you jump straight to any records containing that word.

Does that sound like a useful temporary solution? We have many popular feature requests, and so it could be a while before this gets implemented. Hence why I am interested in providing you with a solution that works now.

Cheers!
        - Brook

• jsk commented  · 

Or sometimes I want to make sure I added "joe's bar & grill" to my Scheduled Imports or I want to search for a "joe's bar & grill" to delete them from Scheduled Imports. Lots of reasons a search would be nice.

• jsk commented  · 

I have about 50 facebook pages under Scheduled Imports. For example, I want to make sure that imports are happening & when they last occurred for "joe's bar and grill". I want to search for the name of that company, ie "joe" rather than having to manually page through each page of scheduled imports. This would be super handy.

Feedback and Knowledge Base