I suggest you ...

We need a possibility to block some Categories for Community Organizers (with account or anonymous).

By blocking a category for some organizers or anonymous submitter we would still have the possibility to create exclusive calendars which will only show the events created by the admin.
I would love to see that as an option.

7 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bryan BrandBryan Brand shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DenonDenon commented  · 

I love that there is an option to vote and show support, but I'm a bit disappointed that it is appearing that this drives the change for this awesome product. There are THOUSANDS of users, and sometimes these only get 50 votes.. that's barely a blip on the radar. I can assure you that most of us have many other things going on that keep us from cruising these suggestion sites looking to vote. Wouldn't it make sense for developers to look at these ideas from a common sense standpoint instead of a voting system? How many users don't even visit this forum or site, or even really know this area exists?

Perhaps it would be a good idea to have a normal news letter with a list of these ideas and mail them out to gain attention in the community and see if there really is more unknown support out there for these items? Some great stuff in here just waiting to be implemented by your team. ;)

• JenniferJennifer commented  · 

I would like to limit 1-3 publicly viewable event categories for organizers to select from and to never have the ability to create their own. The admin would still have control to create as many as they want. This is a big deal.

• DenonDenon commented  · 

I second this one for sure. If what you're asking for is what I think it is... this is a big deal. Too many people can add categories and now my list has gone from what *I* wanted it to be, of no more than 10, and now I've got 50 because people create categories like has tags. I'd like to be able to hide or disallow categories. Perhaps have a set for public and an "extended" set of categories that only the admins can have. My calendar is getting messy.

Feedback and Knowledge Base