I suggest you ...

Change ticket purchase form position on individual events

I know that I can change the position of the ticket purchase form globally via Events > Settings > Tickets > Location of Tickets form. For a site with a majority of impulse-purchase events that are low cost, it is a good idea to put the ticket form at the top so people can click it and buy immediately.

But there are times, for a few expensive events, when it is better to place the ticket purchase form at the end of the "long sell" so people don't get sticker shock at the top of the event page and click away from it. We want them to read, get "sold" on the event, and THEN purchase.

Right now it's ALL events that are affected by the global change. What about an override setting on an individual event to move the purchase form higher or lower on the page?

2 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

WebidextrousWebidextrous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • IRF GlobalIRF Global commented  · 

Ultimately this the location of the tickets form has to be customizable, probably via a shortcode.

Events for us (and I imagine others) is broken up into chunks via tabs (e.g. About, Official Welcomes, Venue, Speakers, Agenda, etc.). Registration/ticketing would also be one of those tabs. This keeps the information cleanly segmented.

Having the location globally restricted to just 4 possible locations is less than ideal and has already made Event Tickets unpopular with our event managers (hence why we're only using it on 1 out of 40 events at the moment).

Feedback and Knowledge Base