I suggest you ...

edit single item in series

Hi,

Add a way to edit a single item in a recurring event, so that you can edit one date instead of changing all of them

55 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robin Cope shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

Allow a community user who submitted the event series to edit individual events without breaking from the series.

• Bryan commented  · 

Recurring events with different dates and places would be tops! I vote yes!

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would indeed be great to be able to set a recurrences for a same event, which doesn’t have the same time length at each recurrence.
        Ex: 1st event takes place between 1st January and 7th January (7 days). However, recurrence #1 will be 7th March until 27th March (20 days), and recurrence #2 will be 3rd July until 18th July (15 days).
        As of now, when I create a “reference” event, all other events base their length on the first event ever created (fix number of days which cannot be edited). What we would need, is the ability to create recurrences which might have different length in days.
        The solution to this flaw could be to add “Start/End” sets of dates for each occurrence (and not only for the first instance of the series). Therefore, each recurrence would give the possibility to pick a start date, and an end date (ex: 2018-3-7 to 2018-3-27).
        How difficult would it be to add a "start date" and and "end date" feature? I think its a fundamental flaw in the PRO version which needs to be addressed.

• SteveB commented  · 

This would be very useful for a series of events that are not exactly the same: for example a movie theatre running a weekly series of "Christmas Classics." There is a screening every week, but the movie title changes - it would be nice to display a different poster or trailer for each film.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be great if recurring events could have different images set for them, for example being able to set a different image for a different date range to create some variety. Or to allow for a slider or rotating set of images to create variety. We have some ongoing classes that occur several times a week and when they all have the same image and there aren't other events to break up the look it starts to get a little ridiculous looking in the list view. I realize for event recognition this may not be optimal for some recurring events but it would be a nice option.

• jerry commented  · 

Without this functionality, 'recurring events' are useless to me.

On our site, each event in the series needs it's own price and link

• Howdy Spirit,

It might take a little while for your vote to show up. A few months back UserVoice switched from allowing 3 votes per idea to only allowing individual people to support an idea, essentially making it so everyone can only vote once. That might have been part of the issue. Either way if you vote once it will eventually show up, we get about 70 new ones every week.

Cheers!
        - Brook

• Spirit of Sylvan Yuletide Admin commented  · 

There is something wrong with the Vote count. Just tried adding my 3 votes and the number of votes listed is not increasing. Tried adding/removing repeatedly. How can we vote for a feature if it doesn't even count. :/

• C.Collab commented  · 

I just ran into this issue and could have sworn we could edit the Single Event details in a recurring series. Apparently I was wrong.

I was a bit surprised to find this wasn't a standard feature because it just makes sense; why even have "Edit Single Event" option for recurring events removes it from the series. We desperately need the ability to modify text and add/remove categories/tags to a Single Event in the series without it breaking the series.

Make it happen Modern Tribe this is a badly needed feature!

• Linda commented  · 

Hi, yes thats how I do it but it takes ages! Currently I have categories for each month ie Whats on April, Whats on May etc etc but if I have recurring events that spread over a number of months I have to manually go into each one and amend which then, like you say, takes it out of the sequence which I rather it didn't. I also have quite a few recurring events that have a different theme each week so it would be nice to be able to put this in without taking it out of the sequence.

• Linda commented  · 

It would be good to be able to select different categories for different recurring events and/or the facility to amend content slightly on each recurring event.

• Nancy Shoemaker commented  · 

This would be helpful for a series of events that is sold as a bundle. I haven't thought this through entirely, but in our situation it'd be good to be able to have each individual event have its own excerpt, but link back to the "master" event for the series. We might be better off with separate events in a new "category" rather than trying to use the recurrence feature.

• Linda commented  · 

Also it would be great to have a datepicker for more random custom recurrences, or any type of custom recurrence in fact, be much easier than trying to work out that an event happens once every four weeks etc!

• Sarah Juliusson commented  · 

That would be very very helpful - please consider it as an upgrade to the plugin.

• Adam Houston commented  · 

Without this functionality, 'recurring events' are useless to me. On our site, the event name and category are always the same and the recurrence follows a set monthly schedule, but the event's info has to be unique for that event since the topics change each month.

Please implement this soon. Right now I have to manually clone and modify all these events.

• Linda commented  · 

I agree, I have many recurring events that could do with the option of being able to be edited individually but still remain in the series. Plus I have many that need to be put into separate event categories. For example I have a recurring event which runs for 8 months throughout the year. I need to be able to add this to my monthly categories i.e April Events, May Events. At the moment this is not possible and if I do edit it it removes it from the sequence. I think its a fundamental flaw in the PRO version which needs to be addressed. Please, please implement this :)

• Anonymous commented  · 

Would be nice to have a checkbox or other option on recurring events which allows for that instance of a recurring event to maintain it's own details without removing that event from the recurring series.

Feedback and Knowledge Base