I suggest you ...

create the option for outside links to be set to open in a new tab by default.

I want outside links to open in a new tab - ALWAYS. When events are imported in, there is no setting for this as a default setting.

2 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sirbasku commented  · 

I agree there needs to be a way to specify opening external links, such as Event Website, in a new tab. This option is available when editing a media link, but not available for external link fields, such as "event website," when editing the event itself.

• Craig commented  · 

Thanks for the quick response!

Here's our recommendation: Create a set of check boxes that allow you to do what you listed. As a minimum, provide check boxes that allow you to open the Event and Venue Website URL in a new tab.

Oh, and while updating the plug-in code, why not add the ability to print the Event (not Venue) Website URL? You would score lots of points with your customers.

Useful Info: Web developers, designers, marketers, and salespeople have confirmed that a website's SEO ranking will go up if these type of links open in a new page. Also, it allows the viewer to go back to the website's original page faster, thus providing a logical UX.

Cheers!

• Craig commented  · 

We second the above - with a small change: Add a tick box to the plugin to activate/deactivate opening a link (event, etc.) in a new tab.

Feedback and Knowledge Base