I suggest you ...

Autofill the Event Tickets header image

Make it possible to add the WooCommerce Product featured image from within the ticket meta-block in the event. I would be perfectly happy with either of three solutions:
1 reusing the header image
2 reusing the featured image of the event
3 selecting a separate image for just this reason.

But can understand if option 1 might conflict with how the image might be used otherwise and option 2 might conflict with the fact that the ticket is stored basically separate from the event, so perhaps option 3 should be it and will save me a lot of time anyway. Perhaps there can even be an option or setting allowing control over which of the above
3 options needs to be used.

At the moment there are just two reasons at this time to enter the woocommerce product:
1. selecting the featured image
2. adding a sales-price if the ticket is on sale

Since event tickets plus doesn't add a featured image, the first reason forces me to enter the WooCommerce product for every new ticket and costing me a lot of time and attention. Please solve it in the plugin!

Not adding a featured image is a problem because a thumbnail of the image is normally shown on several places, the most visible of which is the order list in the cart that now defaults to a cross to indicate that the image isn't found.

I know there is a bit of an overlap with an earlier idea, but that one was limited to only one solution. This just addresses the basic need. Please give me an automatically filled featured image in the ticket product!

66 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hans shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Phil Russell commented  · 

This feature should definitely be added to streamline the plugin.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes please add this feature.

• Luke Kenny commented  · 

Yes, you have my vote. This seems like a no brainer.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes please! This would be very useful for integrating with Facebook through Woocommerce!

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be great, it's something my client has specifically asked for, to avoid blank images in the basket.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Definitely need function! Lacking this would be laughable, as you force people to double the work!

• Jarrod Dinwoodie commented  · 

Add Featured image of event to Ticket Thumbnail in Checkout recap table. Right now it defaults to woocomerce placehold which looks shity.

• Albert commented  · 

This would be great for main organization and different community organizations to brand their tickets

• LMA commented  · 

It would be great if in the default settings tab we could set the ticket images.

• Saskia commented  · 

As Edgar said, a ticket header based on category would be nice to be able to set up, just like with Event Colours Plugin now.

• Edgar commented  · 

I am out of votes, but this seems to be a very easy addition that can be arranged in the general settings of the TEC dashboard.

If you are going to work on it, I would suggest that you can upload various ticket headers and that there will be a selection option in the 'add event' page. Most of us namely organise a variety of events, that would also require various solutions.

• Saskia commented  · 

Most of the time I don't have a picture to add to my events, but I would like to see of my company styling in the tickets. The easiest way to do that now would be to create a ticketheader for your tickets.

But that would mean, that I'd have to add my 'company banner' to each and every ticket manually. But that seems way to time-consuming.

So in an ideal world, I would be able to set a default template in the TEC settings, and with the possibility to overwrite it manually in single a ticket.

Added bonus would be, that I'd always a thumbnail for my event when it's added to the cart, instead of an empty square.

Feedback and Knowledge Base