I suggest you ...

Add more filters to shortcode [tribe_events]

Add more filters and options to the [tribe_events] shortcode so that it can be customized more.

261 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminModern Tribe (Admin, The Events Calendar by Modern Tribe) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

44 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alex Mathiasen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add venue=id filter to the shortcode. As suggested per your support I had to modify wp-content\plugins\event-calendar-pro\src\Tribe\Shortcodes\Tribe_Events.php. I modified it to accept venue-ID as a parameter.

Please have a look at this modified Tribe_Events.php file: https://pastebin.com/uUwPyGT7

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am creating a talk radio station. I would like to list upcoming shows for each talk show host on their profile. Thanks.

• Mi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also really appreciate the possibility to add more filters to the shortcode.

My most preferred:
        [tribe_events view="xxx" limit="12345"]
        [tribe_events view="xxx" venue="venue-ID / venue-name"]
        [tribe_events view="xxx" city="city-name"]

• Victor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to display 3 events on the startpage and all events on the events calendar page is really a bread and butter feature for a premium event plugin. I'm stunned that this feature doesn't exist (without workarounds) in The Events Calendar 2018.

The shortcode should simply be: [tribe_events view="photo" limit="3"]

I've tried third party plugins for this, but it's a drag to style both The Events Calendar and a third party plugin.

The ability to customize more would be fantastic. It is getting difficult to keep going back to my employer to tell them I cannot build the functionality they want with this calendar.

Thanks so much.

• Luca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like a city/venue/country filter for the short code too

• Larry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "limit" capability is built into Avada Fusion Builder on an old site that I used to administrate. Please make this a built in option on your software/shortcode so it can work with other themes.

• Larry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with Hans on the limiting the number of events. I would love for something like this to work

[tribe_events view="photo" tribe-bar="false" limit="3"]

• Onni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Woudl be very useful if you could narrow narrow by location, City to be more precise.

• Hans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

limit argument would be nice to control the number of events shown as a result of the shortcode. You can then show the next x events in an easy manner, without having to know the dates

I agree. Surprised that tags is not already an option. Have clients that have asked for this.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base