I suggest you ...

Add more filters to shortcode [tribe_events]

Add more filters and options to the [tribe_events] shortcode so that it can be customized more.

272 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminModern Tribe (Admin, The Events Calendar by Modern Tribe) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

48 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add shortcode to limit events on more views!! Specifically photo view

[tribe_events view="photo" limit="9"]

• Benedikt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thats so important! For example: the filter bar option needs to be implemented.
        This is why the Tribe Events plugin cant be used with pagebuilders. There is no way one can fetch the calendar and the filter-bar via shortcode. Still (2 years) not working - Im really disappointed!

• Alex Mathiasen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add venue=id filter to the shortcode. As suggested per your support I had to modify wp-content\plugins\event-calendar-pro\src\Tribe\Shortcodes\Tribe_Events.php. I modified it to accept venue-ID as a parameter.

Please have a look at this modified Tribe_Events.php file: https://pastebin.com/uUwPyGT7

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am creating a talk radio station. I would like to list upcoming shows for each talk show host on their profile. Thanks.

• Mi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also really appreciate the possibility to add more filters to the shortcode.

My most preferred:
        [tribe_events view="xxx" limit="12345"]
        [tribe_events view="xxx" venue="venue-ID / venue-name"]
        [tribe_events view="xxx" city="city-name"]

• Victor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to display 3 events on the startpage and all events on the events calendar page is really a bread and butter feature for a premium event plugin. I'm stunned that this feature doesn't exist (without workarounds) in The Events Calendar 2018.

The shortcode should simply be: [tribe_events view="photo" limit="3"]

I've tried third party plugins for this, but it's a drag to style both The Events Calendar and a third party plugin.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to customize more would be fantastic. It is getting difficult to keep going back to my employer to tell them I cannot build the functionality they want with this calendar.

Thanks so much.

• Luca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like a city/venue/country filter for the short code too

• Larry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "limit" capability is built into Avada Fusion Builder on an old site that I used to administrate. Please make this a built in option on your software/shortcode so it can work with other themes.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base