I suggest you ...

Add more filters to shortcode [tribe_events]

Add more filters and options to the [tribe_events] shortcode so that it can be customized more.

106 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminModern Tribe (Admin, The Events Calendar by Modern Tribe) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Luca commented  · 

I would like a city/venue/country filter for the short code too

• fourteenthforest commented  · 

I need a limit on my photo view. I just want to show 3 events! Please.

• Larry commented  · 

The "limit" capability is built into Avada Fusion Builder on an old site that I used to administrate. Please make this a built in option on your software/shortcode so it can work with other themes.

• Larry commented  · 

Agree with Hans on the limiting the number of events. I would love for something like this to work

[tribe_events view="photo" tribe-bar="false" limit="3"]

• Onni commented  · 

Woudl be very useful if you could narrow narrow by location, City to be more precise.

• Hans commented  · 

limit argument would be nice to control the number of events shown as a result of the shortcode. You can then show the next x events in an easy manner, without having to know the dates

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree. Surprised that tags is not already an option. Have clients that have asked for this.

• Andre commented  · 

I would also like to have a limit added to the shortcode [tribe_events]. For example, on the homepage I can determine how many events are shown and show them all on the event page. There should be a pagination on both pages.

• Danny commented  · 

This would be very helpful

• Kerri commented  · 

Was looking for this today and was surprised that it's not currently an option.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Me too I'm supporting this feature request, as I'm also trying to use the photo view with 3 items on the home page as an entry point to the calender page.

• Tyler commented  · 

I'm looking to display the full month calendar view for a venue, whereby I can then use the tribe_events shortcode to display a calendar on each venue page on my site (think business listing site).

As per this thread, this is not currently possible with tribe_events. It was suggested I use the Venus feature and tribe_featured_venue shortcode, but that a) doesn't allow for full month view and b) duplicates functionality of my listing theme.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/can-a-shortcode-display-a-venues-events-month-view/#post-1418805

The workaround for the moment is to create yet another level of categories for each "venue" and use the tribe_events shortcode to display the month view for the respective "category". It would be much cleaner if I could in fact use Venues for each location, then just use the tribe_events shortcode with a filter for venue to achieve my goal.

• Asha Lightbearer commented  · 

I read the comments below and people who can code definitely have an easier time resolving this. But, half the point of WP and plugins is to simplify and remove the need to know lots of detailed coding. I wish I understood Andres solution, but I don't. For the many users who rely on our plugin developers (and spend decent money to purchase renewals on multiple add-ons and upgrades for several different sites--pro, aggregator, etc. on multiple sites), this would be a substantial improvement that I expect is fairly simply to implement. Please prioritize. Thanks, PS. When you do implement recommended changes/enhancements are we notified that our request was added?

• Brian commented  · 

This would be a very convenient feature.

• Ross Walsh commented  · 

For [tribe_mini_calendar] shortcode we have a host of filter options such as city, ZIP, tag, category, etc. but for the [tribe_events] shortcode we only have category, featured, and date. It would be great to see all the other filter options on the [tribe_events] shortcode, as well

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base