Make "Events Calendar Pro" a Standalone Plugin
Over the years, The Events Calendar Pro (paid plugin) has become too dependent on The Events Calendar (free plugin). That is, you cannot use TEC Pro without installing TEC first.
Recommend converting The Events Calendar Pro into a standalone plugin for the following reasons:
(1) Less bloatware.
(2) Fewer plugins to manage on the back-end.
(3) Fewer plugin conflicts to worry about.
(4) Easier to troubleshoot plugin conflicts or problems in the back-end.
(5) Opportunity to streamline (make more efficient) each plugin (independently from each other).
(6) Last, but not the least, a simpler code and faster processing time which will yield a faster website!
Just ran into info below. Respectfully, we disagree with the reason given not to create a standalone plugin. It's doable and should help solve many issues. Can we get a "team decision" (up for votes) and not just the input from one forum moderator? Yes, it will take time and effort to make it happen but, long term, should pay off and benefit many. Thanks!
Good examples to follow: Yoast SEO > Yoast SEO Premium; iThemes Security > iThemes Security Pro; Media File Renamer > Media File Renamer Pro; Advanced DB Cleaner > Advanced DB Cleaner Premium; GTranslate > GTranslate Pro ... and many more!