I suggest you ...

Recurring Event Support for Tickets

Currently our WooTickets plugin does not work fully with recurring events, and users can only purchase tickets for the most upcoming event in a series. Would it be useful to you to combine the power of WooTickets with the PRO recurring events feature?

312 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminModern Tribe (Admin, The Events Calendar by Modern Tribe) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

We really appreciate the tremendous of support this feature request has received. What is important to y’all is what guides our roadmap. Your feedback on this feature request has actually driven us to completely re-architect much of our plugins over the past couple of years.

This is a truly herculean feature request. While designing the user interface is simple, it requires many developers and many months worth of time get things in place for that simple interface to work. We have already devoted hundreds of hours of time to this, and still have many more to go.

Our next feature release will contain a lot more architecture improvements, and will put us many miles closer to the finish line. There are likely to be a few more similar releases in the coming months before this is truly complete.

In an effort to not mislead folks we are marking this with a new status called “longterm roadmap”. While work on this feature is started and has been for some time, it is easy to misinterpret that status as meaning “coming in our next release”. Thus we wanted to more accurately convey when it will come about.

Thank you all so much for your continued feedback and understanding.

Cheers,
    - The Modern Tribe Support Team

40 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Martin commented  · 

I don't understand why there has been no update on this since May 2017. Your plugin seems awesome, but this functionality is an absolute must.

• Mark commented  · 

In time You had i could write whole plugin, not only single feature.
        Time to change plugin.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Recurring events are pretty useless without this feature.
        What's the point of having a recurring event if I cannot add tickets to it? The whole point is to make it easier for clients to purchase access to my events.
        And for me not to have to work soooo hard to allow them to do so.
        Thank you

• Nate commented  · 

What's going on with this? It's the most requested feature on here and no response from Modern Tribe... Should I assume that no progress has been made and I should look for some other plugin that does what I need?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Really really really need this! Didn't it used to work?

• Anonymous commented  · 

UPDATE???!!!! This is a VERY old idea, with a ton of votes and support. What's the status???

• Anonymous commented  · 

Hi,

Any news on this? Or a dev who I can pay to get this fixed?

• Albert commented  · 

Need this also for courses

• Chris commented  · 

Hi, Is there any progress with this development?
        I need users to be able to register for a full series of events rather than one at a time as I'm using it to run courses. The user has to complete a series of events to progress rather than just a single one.

• Laurel Johnson commented  · 

Hello,

Is there any update on the status of support for recurring event ticketing? I know that timelines are really hit or miss for big features like this one. Is there a general ballpark for possible completion on this one - for example, 1 year, 2-3 years, etc?

Thanks so much!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I will add my desire for this to the list. It is really frustrating that a plugin of this stature (and cost) does not handle ticketing repeating events in what appears to be a needed and logical manner. Please add this support or at least tell us it will never happen so we can look for another solution.

• Anonymous commented  · 

We need this to support instructors at a non-profit makerspace who hold regular, weekly classes. This would really save us a lot of time!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would love to have this feature

• Anonymous commented  · 

It is incredible frustrating that a re-occurring event shows as sold out after the first one in the series indeed sold out!
        Also crazy work to create a ticket weekly for a weekly class!

• Ian commented  · 

When you list out recurring events on the parent event page, after integrating Event Tickets Plus you should be able to select either parent or child events and book directly from the parent page, rather than moving to another page.

For example, I have a course, the course runs monthly. People should be able to view the parent course page, and then select the date they want to attend from a dropdown/checkbox etc and book all within the parent page.

• RondaInfinita.info commented  · 

We also sell multi-day events. Customers can buy the ticket for a specific day or buy a ticket for all festival days. With the ticket for all the days of the festival the management of the capacity and the checking of the assistants is complicated. The only way we have found is to manually reduce the stock of every day, every time we sell a subscription for all the concerts.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base