I suggest you ...

Reusable Ticket Defaults/Profiles (as per Venues and Organizers)

I would like to see Wootickets integrate a list of default ticket profiles, where we can fill out the commonly used fields we re-type hundreds of times. Almost all of the ticket fields could be automatically populated based on a template, with changes and variations made as needed.

For my personal needs, 99% of the hundreds of tickets I create every month could be selected from a list of 8 profiles, with information being spit out for: names, description, price, start/end sales, stock, etc.

The two fields that would require some consideration for advanced functionality would be:

variable time frames of ticket sales
start [immediately | in + hrs/days | select date & time as normal]
end [when event begins | +/- hrs/days of event start | select date & time as normal]

incremental SKU #
Set a base for the SKU plus automatically populated or incremented wild cards. For example, SKU# SAMPLE**** where the **** is populated with an incremental count (ex. SAMPLE0001, SAMPLE0002, etc.) or where the **** is populated with a unique ID (ex.. SAMPLEy6C9, SAMPLE9z2I, etc.)

You have already developed this functionality for Venues and Organizers, and it saves me TONS of time. I'd just like to see it replicated for tickets.

To best explain my idea (need) I will create a scenario to explain. At the present time when an event is added to the calendar the only way to activate ticket sales is to create a new ticket. For some this is not ideal. The same "event" may occur repeatedly but not following any consistent timeline and the same "ticket" may apply. This makes creating a recurring event impossible and also forces creation of a new ticket for the same thing. Example:

Event: Stand Up Paddle Board Yoga
Date: July 3, 2013
Tickets: (a) single ticket with no board provided $XX (b) single ticket with board provided $XX

The same "event", in this case a class may be added to the calendar again in the same week, the next week, month etc. - but on different days of the week.

The "tickets" available would not change and it would be nice to be able to use the product ID from WooCommerce to add the tickets to the event.

Hope that makes sense.

150 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mike shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • southwestsam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would also save me an untold amount of time. Every ticket I am planning to sell through the platform would conform to a template. The only variable would be the date.

Is there an extension that can provide this feature?

• Jon Biel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolute must be able to duplicate event including all tickets. Add Event Start Date variable to SKU template or to Ticket name to identify ticket to event.

• Linda L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this isn't done after all this time. Setting up ticketing is a huge task, and especially thankless, repetitive work for repeat events. Come on, Tribe!

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a time frame for this yet? It's a must for us so I'd like to know if I should spend the time creating something myself or if this will be implemented in the next few months.

• Paula McGregor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this... it would be fantastic if we could use the same product previously created for another event!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very surprised this hasn't been implemented yet. I can duplicate the event with a 3rd part plugin but still have to retype my tickets for every event. This really makes using this plugin time consuming. Not sure how many votes it will take to get this done but have waiting on this for several years. You wanted to add this in the "future" back in Nov 2017.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a basic feature that should be implemented! Saving ticket types OR the abilty to duplicate an event WITH the tickets!

• Salilou commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for this feature for 2 customer projects at the moment. Absolutely necessary if you deal with many events and tickets.

• Ross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There has been some requests for this function in other User Voice threads so I am hoping the cumulative votes will move this forward

There are lots of us out there who need to duplicate events and / or tickets.

Yes, the ticket fields templates is a helpful option and yes, both https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicate-tec-event/ or https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-duplicator/ are good additions but neither duplicate the tickets.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any progress on this? I made this suggestion 5 years ago, and it is still just as relevant now. Ticket default settings would be an incredible timesaver feature.

• Marty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to see tickets handled the same as venues and organizers. Let us save ticket types - including custom fields and price - and then select from an existing list or create a new ticket. 95% of the tickets we sell are the same name, description, price and field sets. It is a pain to create a new ticket each and every time (although saved fieldsets helps).

• Steve Wilder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is mission critical and I can't believe it's not built into the software already. I have to eat the cost of this software since I can't use it at all.

• Bruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please include the ability to configure WooCommerce product metadata with this as well. In particular, the "product category" is one that we use for pretty much EVERY ticket created.

Thanks!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base