I suggest you ...

Shortcode ability for simple implimentation on any page/post.

The one thing some competitors have over tri.be is offering ability to implement across existing pages using short codes which call either forms, or categories or most certain modular aspects. Currently there's way too much fiddling around with CSS and code to get things looking right - other than this Events Calendar trumps!

388 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Michael CassiusMichael Cassius shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Shortcodes  ·   · 
    NorbertNorbert shared a merged idea: To add photo view calendar to any page with shortcode  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Short Codes  ·   · 
    TomTom shared a merged idea: photo view shortcode with filtering  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: photo view short code  ·   · 
    ReCreativeReCreative shared a merged idea: Map and Filter as a Widget  ·   · 
    RizwanaRizwana shared a merged idea: There should be a Shortcode for at least "Upcoming Events"  ·   · 
    Mike DamkotMike Damkot shared a merged idea: Addition of Short Codes to pull Event Name and Body from static page.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Ability to pull calendar to page with shortcodes  ·   · 

Great new everyone! We’ve just released Events Calendar PRO 4.3, which includes a fabulous new shortcode for adding the full calendar to any page or post. Check out the new tutorial for details (http://m.tri.be/19gm). Head to your WordPress Updates page to download the new version. Thank you all for your patience and support while we worked on this!

108 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dovid LevineDovid Levine commented  · 

Great to hear - I know this is the priority, but would be awesome if you could also include shortcodes for Community Events (the my event list, and the event submission).

• FrankFrank commented  · 

Nice upcoming feature! For now I use Beaver Builder and its post grid module to add events in any part of a page. With a bit custom code I could override the module to order them by start date instead of publish date and display start date/time and other fields(will write a post about that soon). But the next 4.3 release should be more flexible than this, great news!

• Social AlertsSocial Alerts commented  · 

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too f-ing late. You are THE most expensive calendar tool on the market and its completely ridiculous that its now LATE 2016 and THE most requested feature is just entering "testing" phase. This was requested in 2014 and there are a LOT of alternatives that are...free...and if not free MUCH cheaper like myeventon and several others...

Unbelievable...smh...

• David HartDavid Hart commented  · 

No sure i understand from the short comments, but added flexibility with shortcodes and the way I can imagine using them will be great.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please please please expand your shortcode options. I urgently need a shortcode to list the events on my homepage in 4 or 6 columns, like a post grid, without tampering with the original templates as the events page must still look the same.
        Also, a shortcode to duplicate the events page on another page. For example, if my customer books a ticket and pays for it, because it's done through woocommerce they get an option that says "back to shop" which takes them then to an empty woocommerce shop page instead of back to the events page. Eventually, i want to sell the seminar videos and books in the shop so i need the shop page to one day in the near future show both shop and event info, but because my events are my main business i can't simply putnit teeny tiny small in a side-bar widget.

• Chad LewineChad Lewine commented  · 

I am really disappointed with the flexibility of shortcodes. Truly not worth the price tag. Will be asking for a refund.

No date on this release? How can you just be brushing off what everyone wants? A most basic feature that is included on all the cheap $15 and free plugins.

• Vic in Long IslandVic in Long Island commented  · 

My site is primarily an events calendar with the events listing on the home page. I was so excited about this plugin until I found out it needs an entire page in which to thrive. So I'm going to have to start my site with a different events plugin. Sure am glad I didn't pay for the pro version before giving it a try.

• Mike AndersonMike Anderson commented  · 

I just paid nearly $500 for the entire bundle of your event suite and I can't add a simple photo view of events on my home page (or any part of a page) since there is no shortcode. I thought for sure that the bundle at this price would provide a ton of views and shortcodes. This event suite is way too limited for this price tag. Can I get my money back?

• Anonymous commented  · 

looking forward to this as well

• Anonymous commented  · 

Hi,
        Nice plugin just purchased it... BUT the implementation sucks for adding calendars... Need shortcodes so it can be used with page builders etc... i CANT believe this is not a standard feature!

• Thank you all for your great feedback and for your patience on this one.

We can't wait either. Stay tuned!

@Peter this specific feature will focus mainly on the shortcodes.
        You are more than welcome to add your feedback on other User Voice threads about calendar printing.

• Peter WennerstenPeter Wennersten commented  · 

Great news with all the shortcode extensions. Can you also include third part printing shortcodes like print friendly so we can print events and monthly calendars?

• JasonJason commented  · 

Can't wait to be able to embed the full calendar into a sublevel page. I've had to use another calendar plugin that does support this on a few projects now...

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is such a basic, so-much-needed feature I can't even say. I've been using this plugin since it's very first version and have been asking and asking. I absolutely cannot wait until we can do just the simple thing of embedding the full calendar anywhere, on a page we can completely control, with a page title we can completely control, and be able to add other elements to the page. PLEASE HURRY ON THIS ONE!!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

We need to be able to display the normal month calendar and list into a page.

• DaybreakDaybreak commented  · 

Looking for simple shortcode functionality to embed weekly view onto an existing page on my website. Count 1 vote for me.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Not having a shortcode to display the calendar the same way it does with a template is creating all kinds of headaches for me. My theme uses breadcrumbs which break with your plugin. If I could simply create a page and drop the shortcode there for the calendar, it would work perfectly. As it stands now, I either have to ditch this plugin or invest 5-6 hours of development time creating the code to make it work. Please, please, pretty please bump this up the list of development priorities!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Need to be able to display photo view via shortcode on any page. For a paid plugin this should be standard.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base