I suggest you ...

Shortcode ability for simple implimentation on any page/post.

The one thing some competitors have over tri.be is offering ability to implement across existing pages using short codes which call either forms, or categories or most certain modular aspects. Currently there's way too much fiddling around with CSS and code to get things looking right - other than this Events Calendar trumps!

628 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael CassiusMichael Cassius shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    RizwanaRizwana shared a merged idea: There should be a Shortcode for at least "Upcoming Events"  ·   · 
    Mike DamkotMike Damkot shared a merged idea: Addition of Short Codes to pull Event Name and Body from static page.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Ability to pull calendar to page with shortcodes  ·   · 

Howdy y’all,
    Starting with the next release we are beginning our rollout of shortcodes. First we are making the Mini Calendar widget embeddable, with the rest of the widgets in followup releases. We are also hard at work on making the the full calendar views, such as Month, List, etc. embeddable via shortcode. That is no small undertaking and requires some significant underlying architectural changes. It will be revealed in early 2015. This will allow you to embed the main calendar view with the Tribe Bar on other pages, including your home page. Thanks for all the feedback! We are very excited to release this as soon as it’s ready.

59 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MattMatt commented  · 

Much love for full calender short code with category filter options.

• Modern TribeAdminModern Tribe (Admin, The Events Calendar by Modern Tribe) commented  · 

@Anonymous That is a cool idea being able to add the ticket box. It is not currently planned though. You should make a separate feature request for that.

I want to assure everyone that this is still incredibly important to us and we are listening. We have begun work and will release the finished product as soon as we can. Still no hard release date though.

Thanks,
        The Modern Tribe Team

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'd like to be able to place the tickets box, or the 'add to cart' buttons for tickets - in pages or posts... a shortcode for that would be great.

• GustavoGustavo commented  · 

Ohh! this is great! hopefully we listen and perform these tasks quickly

• Modern TribeAdminModern Tribe (Admin, The Events Calendar by Modern Tribe) commented  · 

Hi folks-

Just wanted to let you know that with Events Calendar PRO version 3.9 (released today!) you can use the shortcode [tribe_mini_calendar] to add our calendar widget outside of sidebars. We hope that will be helpful for you! And we are still working on further shortcode functionality.

Cheers,
        The Modern Tribe Team

@saji We are not certain yet. We do our very best to minimize the impact to the API whenever possible. Once we get closer to the release any significant API changes made will be documented, and posted to our Release Notes blog prior to release. We will outline changes you should be made aware of.

@Rob We are keen to launch this as soon as possible too.

• Rob KinnearRob Kinnear commented  · 

This might solve a lot of other requests like custom sidebars etc as we'd be able to add to any page design of our own! Personally I'm hoping for Jan 2014!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Totally agree with providing shortcodes so that our page will have breadcrumbs and sidebar layouts via out theme. 2015 hurry up!

• sajisaji commented  · 

Thats good news but with the change in underlying architecture, will that effect any development made using funcitons in the doc?

• eFromDCeFromDC commented  · 

Wait. TWENTY FIFTEEN?!?!?

• Phill CoxonPhill Coxon commented  · 

Wow. I'm pretty disappointed to purchase TEC and Woocomerce Tickets yesterday and discover critical & obvious features like this have been on the "maybe, someday" list for over a year. :(

• Dan HawkDan Hawk commented  · 

After hundreds of requests and several years we still don't have barcodes on tickets - so damn frustrated

• CarstenCarsten commented  · 

Just the basic shortcodes for generating event lists with choice of category would be enough for us! Thanks.

• ChrisChris commented  · 

I just assumed that this was a feature. Here's another vote for yes

• eFromDCeFromDC commented  · 

Can you guys give an estimate on this? the Events Rocket solution isnt very good...just give us a ball park - Winter 2014?

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would REALLY like to see this!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is really what I need.... any time estimates?

• Adam B (SaveRightNow)Adam B (SaveRightNow) commented  · 

It appears this has been planned for a long time. Any timeline or time frame so people can plan?

• BernhardBernhard commented  · 

Shortcodes for event list with FILTERS for:
        Categories, venue, organizer, time&date, cost, event id csv,

Displaying options for excerpt length, html in excerpt

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base