I suggest you ...

One event with multiple venues

If I have three venues that have the same event it would be nice to list all three venues instead of three events.

170 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

David Lehrner shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you guys so much for this idea, and explaining the various use cases where it would be helpful. This has been some tremendous feedback, and helps us understand how best to address your needs.

Some of you will benefit best from our upcoming templating feature, which would allow you to easily duplicate event details from one event to another while changing only the things that vary, such as a venue. Others will no doubt enjoy the ability to link arbitrary events together as one event series. This might be ideal for conventions and large events with multiple days and facilities. This too is an upcoming feature.

The rest would clearly enjoy the ability to have just one event with multiple venues, as you can do with organizers. Thanks to all of your excellent feedback this too is now a feature on our roadmap. It will likely be implemented as an extension — a free downloadable miniature plugin. We will let you know as soon as it is ready. Our roadmap has over a years worth of the team’s time mapped out. We will slot this as soon as we are able! :)

Cheers!
    - The Modern Tribe Support Team

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Markus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? I use the calendar for a theatre with lots of events. We currently have to duplicate the same events multiple times to allow for the different venues. Not only is it a time killer, but also a really bad SEO practice, since it creates tons of duplicate content.

• Xoan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We can create events with a venue and several organizers, but we can not create tours: a protagonist (artist, politician, minister, salesman ...) that moves through different venues. Ideally, different venues could be included in recurring events. Or simply "Create a tour"

• Richard Hill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote for this new feature. We have four rooms within our church which can be booked for, say a birthday party (where they need the Kitchen venue and the Large Hall venue). In your knowledgebase "CSV file examples for importing", you state "while it is possible to enable support for multiple venues, by default you can only assign a single venue to each event. So, while comma separated values are technically supported for venues, this really only makes sense if multiple venue support is enabled " which implies that the functionality is already available.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very useful to me - i want to build a movie schedule, and one movie can be shown in more than one venue.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. Multiple time

for example, the Event A has been planed on
        12/03/2015 8:00am – 5:00pm
        13/03/2015 10:00am – 4:00pm
        14/03/2015 10:00am – 5:00pm

3. Multiple location

For same event, has been plan on different location and different time

I’d like to have ability to adding above under same event entry. :)

BTW Great plugin!!

• Michael Deeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My use case... we're using this to display a schedule of disc golf tournaments. A tournament is an event, the courses are venues... many tournaments use multiple courses. I'd love to be able to list multiple courses/venues for an event.

• SEM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We run a "pub crawl" styled speed dating event across 3 venues. We need this also!

• Sean Wiese commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just wanted to add my use case here. I post a lot of city wide festivals that take place across many venues and times. It would be great to create a single events with multiple locations to span a few days.

thanks

• Greg Stuessel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding the ability to have multiple venues just like you have the option of multiple organizers would be great! This would be great as I'm adding election day for our county on my calendar and their are multiple voting locations for our county to vote in.

• Mike Tatum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Admin, here's the scenario:

NoisePop Festival. You have one ticket, but you can use it to go to several events in one night. So you sell a ticket for "Thursday, March 24th" that allows you access to:

Bob Mould at Great American Music Hall
        Yo La Tengo at The Independent
        Tortoise at Slim's

So you buy one ticket, but list multiple Venues.

*Ideally* You could also sell one tickets that allows for multiple venues over multiple days too.

• Barbara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to add multiple venues for one event. I have a lot of medical congress on multiple day that change locations depending on the date.

• AdminModern Tribe (Admin, The Events Calendar by Modern Tribe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Sam,

Thanks for commenting here! It sounds like you're wanting to have a recurring event with each instance having a single, different venue associated with the event?

If so, there is currently a little bit of an existing work around that could help you out here. You can create the recurring event, assigning it to a single location. You can then go and remove each instance out of the recurrence by changing the associated venue. Does that sound like it would work for your current situation?

Thanks!

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I help run a Government related website and it would be great if we could list an event that travels around the country with multiple locations in different cities. Currently we have to create the same event multiple times and change the locations which is not ideal since we have many events. Please add this feature.

• David Nettles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another vote. I have events that last multiple days and use multiple venues. For example day one is at one venue. Day two the morning is at a venue, the afternoon at another venue. Day three, etc

• Rachel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another vote: we are trying to hold a Bike-to-Work Day event with 18 different stations around the city. Same time, different places.

• elias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote for this, For example also apply for a film (treat as an event) that is proyected many times in diferent venues.

• Mike Tatum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would add that having multiple venues per events allows for people to sell tickets for trips. So you could say "Pick up at Venue #1 and drop off at Venue #2". I want to sell tickets for bus tours and this would be really great to have!

Feedback and Knowledge Base