I suggest you ...

Rating System for Events

A rating system for past events could be great. I was looking into implementing with GD star, but you can only have the option of rating ALL events, not past events due to the event date being set as meta data not as post date.

22 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ryan shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Wilrik commented  · 

This one would be great, I have a customer who is really waiting for this functionallity!

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be great to have a rating and review functionality as an additional plugin. Users could leave their rating (stars 1-5) for events that have taken place and leave a comment as a testimonial (optionally).

Name and Email should be mandatory for the user when leaving a rate / review for an event. A captcha should avoid bot entries. The user's Email should not been published, but used to notify the user as soon as an admin has approved their rating. The rating management could be similar to the comment functionality in wordpress.

There should be an option to choose whether the ratings are published directly or after approval.

There should be a widget or shortcode to list the best rated events or last ratings / reviews.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes asking for reviews...

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes- Asking for reviews!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Hi,
        I have heard that you are going to update the recurring events at some point so you can list, for example:
        1. An event that lasts 3 days (And the attendee is going for all three days- Eg a three day seminar)
        2. A true recurring event that occurs every week but is bookable on each of those weeks (Eg A band night that happens every Friday)

I would use both these elements in my website, but also with the 2nd option particularly it would be amazing to enable reviews... so customers can let everyone know how good the events are.
        Thanks in advance.

• Phil commented  · 

I'm adding my vote for this. I'm surprised it doesn't have more votes. Competitor's products already have this functionality. When talking to potential users about the site I'm setting up, the ability to review events is something that crops up.

In response to the Modern Tribe question, below, I would expect the rating to be left after the event has taken place.

There needs to be some method to ensure, or at least attempt to ensure, that reviews are genuine. In my case restricting it to people who had bought tickets through my site would be too restrictive. I'd like to be able to limit it to people who are signed-up with my site, or who sign in with a log-in to one of the big social networks (making them traceable).

I'd also like to see an option to extend it to include reviews for venues and organizers.

Perhaps using <a href="https://developers.google.com/structured-data/rich-snippets/reviews">Structed Data Markup</a> might even help with SEO, although one-off reviews like this are possibly not what Google is looking for.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Ability to rate events with stars or similar system.

This could be a part of Tickets so that attendees could rate the event after they attended.

Please leave other ideas for how this could work in the comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base