I suggest you ...

Event Slider

Ability to add code to a slider to display one event per slide. The code syntax would contain the first, second, third, etc event to be displayed. A slide template would be available for customization. Expired events would not be displayed. Provide an alternate default slide in the case where there are no upcoming events.

30 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Michael Jaworski shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

It would be good to have like 3 or 4 visible events with the ability to scroll right or left to get to the next 3 or 4. Like have a left and right arrow to rotate through the next series of events.

• Jasper commented  · 

I am using the avada theme and would like to us the events calendar plugin as well. At this moment it is not possible to ad a fusion slider on the events page. That's a shame because in my website design I have them on all of my pages. It is reason for me to not use this plugin right now.

• AdminModern Tribe (Admin, The Events Calendar by Modern Tribe) commented  · 

Thank you @Denon for taking the time to provide us with some food for thought as well as some your find of a slider plugin that works great for you.

As for the look of the calendar, you are right, we do aim at making it as customizable as can be. If you are experiencing issues with updates overwriting the changes you have made, you might want to use a Child theme and/or some template customization. You might want to read our Themer's guide to get a sense of how that works: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

• Denon commented  · 

I'm currently implementing this with Slider Revolution as it can handle pulling custom post types. Just a bit of time is needed to learn how to author the sliders is all.

• Denon commented  · 

This is a definite must-have. Sure, there are other sliders out there that can pull from custom post types... I've wasted far too much money buying these options only to be burned. It's made me look at EventOn as they have one. I'd really like to see Modern Tribe add some add-ons to make this calendar look "prettier" and less like something Microsoft put out in 1998,... and customizing the look of these views is a lot of work when updates come out.

A slider would REALLY make this solution top-of-class.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Ya, but its would be nice to have option same as having map view, week view .... anther view for featured events.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Awesome idea! must to have, as Christian said should work with payments.

• Christian Kramer commented  · 

Great Thing! In combination with shortcodes it should be possible to add featured event anywhere in the website (over calendar, as widget, etc.). Featuring should work with payment, event views or visitors (look at the rsvp request).

Feedback and Knowledge Base