I suggest you ...

Make it possible to print calendar

For folks who send out calendars via PDF or need to make photocopies, it would be great to have a printable version.

226 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dorian Speed shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

While a bit of a roundabout solution, one possibility is to get the iCal export link and then run the .ics file through a converter such as https://icsconvert.appspot.com/

And here’s a code snippet specific to the Twenty Sixteen theme that may be a good starting point for your own theme’s printer-friendly styling customization: https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/edec7dff1e2d92333682759d0b8de7de

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Giac commented  · 

After 3 years and 226 votes nothig yet... guess there's no hope...

• Giac commented  · 

Make a way to print the calendar

• Anonymous commented  · 

Print-Pro-Matic , awesome worth everypenny , top level support to!

• Mark Round commented  · 

My users are not exactly computer literate and require a printed version to hang on the refrigerator every month. Please make a feature.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please make this a feature.

• Anonymous commented  · 

The partial solution is just that and doesnt work on robust themes. A simple print feature would be very welcome. Some calendars actually get posted on doors and announcement boards.

• Fabien Mahet commented  · 

I can see that's the problem to can't export in pdf is really old i could see comment since 2014

• Fabien Mahet commented  · 

Hi guys,

Sure Export in pdf or Excel will be really great!!!!
        My clients ask for and i'll have to customize it hope it will work.

• Fiachra McCloskey commented  · 

i agree this is a really useful feature that is regularly requested by my clients - I have spent ages looking for a solution and nothing available - the partial solution is fine for somebody with technical knowledge but try explain that to my clients customers via teh website - its not going to work. I wouldn't have thought it would be difficult to export the filtered results in csv or pdf ?

• Albert commented  · 

Printing would be very nice for posting Events on notice boards in school and sport complexes.

• Michael King commented  · 

I know I can IMPORT an Excel file for new events, & changes but it would be darn handy to be able to EXPORT current contents to get that process started. With a selectable date range would be even better. How hard could it be to dump the database into a .csv? And yes, I know I can export the database and open in Excel, but I don't see a way to make that useful to normal humans.

• Pieter Ferreira commented  · 

I Would like to be able to print the calendar off the website, or perhaps export it into a spreadsheet then print it, at the moment i am using it for a school website and parents would like to print off the calendar and stick it on their fridges.

Feedback and Knowledge Base