I suggest you ...

Make it possible to print calendar

For folks who send out calendars via PDF or need to make photocopies, it would be great to have a printable version.

243 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dorian Speed shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

While a bit of a roundabout solution, one possibility is to get the iCal export link and then run the .ics file through a converter such as https://icsconvert.appspot.com/

And here’s a code snippet specific to the Twenty Sixteen theme that may be a good starting point for your own theme’s printer-friendly styling customization: https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/edec7dff1e2d92333682759d0b8de7de

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Fiachra McCloskey commented  · 

Hi -as per my comment in 2016 this is repeatedly requested by clients and it seems by in excess of 300 of your users - i see it not even assigned to the long term road map. there are countless minor requests for this same topic maybe if they were merged it would bring the vote count up enough for it to be come a feature. It can't be that technically difficult ?

as per some other comments
        A simple print feature would be very welcome. Some calendars actually get posted on doors and announcement boards.

please take note this is requested by so many paying users

• Anonymous commented  · 

Printable Options in Calendars

• Thom Jones commented  · 

We mainly would use this to take the event data and export it to be included in a print product. Currently, we can export the event and then export the venues through a third party plugin, but that, obviously, creates a manual headache of matching the venue data with the venueID on the event export.

• Kristen M Mattson commented  · 

Please make this a feature. We need it at my organization.

• Giac commented  · 

After 3 years and 226 votes nothig yet... guess there's no hope...

• Giac commented  · 

Make a way to print the calendar

• Anonymous commented  · 

Print-Pro-Matic , awesome worth everypenny , top level support to!

• Mark Round commented  · 

My users are not exactly computer literate and require a printed version to hang on the refrigerator every month. Please make a feature.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please make this a feature.

• Anonymous commented  · 

The partial solution is just that and doesnt work on robust themes. A simple print feature would be very welcome. Some calendars actually get posted on doors and announcement boards.

• Fabien Mahet commented  · 

I can see that's the problem to can't export in pdf is really old i could see comment since 2014

• Fabien Mahet commented  · 

Hi guys,

Sure Export in pdf or Excel will be really great!!!!
        My clients ask for and i'll have to customize it hope it will work.

• Fiachra McCloskey commented  · 

i agree this is a really useful feature that is regularly requested by my clients - I have spent ages looking for a solution and nothing available - the partial solution is fine for somebody with technical knowledge but try explain that to my clients customers via teh website - its not going to work. I wouldn't have thought it would be difficult to export the filtered results in csv or pdf ?

• Albert commented  · 

Printing would be very nice for posting Events on notice boards in school and sport complexes.

• Michael King commented  · 

I know I can IMPORT an Excel file for new events, & changes but it would be darn handy to be able to EXPORT current contents to get that process started. With a selectable date range would be even better. How hard could it be to dump the database into a .csv? And yes, I know I can export the database and open in Excel, but I don't see a way to make that useful to normal humans.

• Pieter Ferreira commented  · 

I Would like to be able to print the calendar off the website, or perhaps export it into a spreadsheet then print it, at the moment i am using it for a school website and parents would like to print off the calendar and stick it on their fridges.

Feedback and Knowledge Base