I suggest you ...

Custom Export of Events data

The WP Export function doesn't always play nice with custom post types and all of their info. I was moving my events calendar from one site to another with a new layout and many of the events were jumbled or displayed incorrect info. It would be awesome to have a custom Export and Import feature for TEC

26 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Shane shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andrey commented  · 

Yes,.
        it will be very helpful for us as well. Can you share what we can use to export such data ?

• Megan commented  · 

It would be great to be able to export all events in a format that could be uploaded to another site with TEC/TEC PRO (which would be a CSV). Would save a lot of headaches when creating a test site and trying to move over 4,200 events.

• Michael commented  · 

Add an EXPORT feature as a companion to the existing IMPORT feature.

• Dostie commented  · 

It's great that there is an events import feature, but what about those of us who maintain that our WP website is the center of our CMS and places like Google+ and Farcebook are annoying systems that must be dealt with FROM our site, not TO our site? In other words, I want to take the events I have in MT Events and export them to Google Calendars and Facebook Events, or....to another WP site I manage that has MT events and shares a similar audience. I don't see this function. I'll bet I'm not the only one who wants it. If/when you make it (pretty please), be sure to let me filter what events I export. Thank you!

And I just noticed that perhaps I can export this stuff from the WP export function. I'll give that a whirl.

• Shaya commented  · 

It's critical to have an exporter/importer that is native to Tribe and supports all the various metadata :) Would be sooooo helpful!

Feedback and Knowledge Base