I suggest you ...

Band Management

A major advantage of the events calendar plugin is the ability to reuse items like venue or organizers as this reduces the time to add events. The acceptance of an events calendar by the users increases a lot.

Therefore a function to add and reuse the data of a band would be great. Here are some ideas how this could look

Fields needed for creating:

- Name
- Description
- Photo (Upload)
- Address
- ZIP
- City
- Country
- Website
- Telephone
- Name and instrument of the artists (as a list where as many as needed can be added)
Optional:
- Name of CDs or Videos

Functions on the website:
- Show all events of a band
- Link from the events of band to the band page

Here is an example how others use it:
http://www.jazz-kalender.de/Jazz_Band_Konzerte.asp?ID=HF22U64A

224 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Oliver Heinrich shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all,

We do not have a specific update on this, however, we just wanted to make sure that everybody has the latest relevant information available.

1) Earlier this year, we have acquired Gigpress: http://gigpress.com/ and we have provided some basic integration with the Events Calendar

2) Although not officially supported, many of our customers have successfully integrated such fields via the Advanced Custom Fields plugin

Cheers and keep the votes coming!

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bastien Bournet-Charrier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A step-by-step guide on how to integrate these extra fields via ACF would be welcome.

We're looking to create a page that lists some recurring performers and this feature would be useful.

• Oliver Heinrich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Modern Tribe: we are using the Organizer fields for the event organizers as these are two different type of roles / people.
        The event organizer is responsible to organize the event and the band is only there to play their songs ;-)

• Ostii commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Modern Tribe, in response to your question below (24th March) about Organizer, in my case I want to be able to add information about teachers and presenters and facilitators separate to the organiser.

Most events I am involved in organising (or websites I manage content for) have multiple facilitators to an event.

• Ostii commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I assume this would be able to be used for teachers or facilitators to an event.

For me, that is the biggest weakness of TEC is that there is no CPT for Teachers.

• Amanda Dalziel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like something similar - but in my version, I call the reusable data you talk about a "presenter".

• AdminModern Tribe (Admin, The Events Calendar by Modern Tribe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Howdy everyone!

What an awesome idea. There are some folks on our team who have commented on how stoked they would be to help make the calendar better for bands. We have some musicians and people who just love music round here.

We want to gather some additional information on how people would use this feature. A question for everyone: Are you currently using the "Organizer" fields for your band information, but you want to be able to add more details and rename Organizer to Band? Or, are you already using the Organizer for the event coordinator, and you need an additional separate set of fields for the Band? If neither of the above please provide more details so we can have a clear picture of your needs.

Thanks to everyone for your excellent feedback. Especially you Oliver for submitting and championing the idea. We want to help improve y'alls calendars to the best of our ability, and your ideas really help.

Cheers!

Hi Tribe-Team!

Is there any news about this feature? Would be great if it will be implemented in the next release :-)

Best regards,
        Oliver

• Alex M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great suggestion, could be implemented in the same was as venues & organisers.

Adding to above point "- Link from the events of band to the band page" it would be amazing if not only could you save Artists info but also click their name in the event page to take you to a page with their details & upcoming events like you can already do with venues & organisers.

That's a good idea! I agree, that would it make more flexible and attractive to more users and websites!

@Modern Tribe: did you had a look already at this feature? It looks like there are many people interested!

• Ray Montag commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would prefer it in a more General Way. Like an Artist Management. When you have a calender that mixes Club Events and concerts you could use one Modul for DJs as well as Bands.

Feedback and Knowledge Base