I suggest you ...

Integrate with WPML

WPML is the most used WP plugin for localization. Without support for this plug-in, Events Calendar cannot be used for web sites that promotes events in different languages.

114 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Roberto Scano shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

49 comments

Comments are closed
  • AdminModern Tribe (Product Owner, The Events Calendar by Modern Tribe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Howdy Anonymous,

Our issues with WPML are not translatable strings. Our plugin has been fully translatable, and indeed translated, since the very beginning. Rather WPML introduces a lot of architecture restrains on plugins, especially their WP Rewrites.

We have done extensive testing with WPML prior to starting development on this feature. Much like some in this thread we found that configuring WPML to be The Events Calendar compatible is already possible, you just have to spend a lot of time getting all of the settings and tweaks right in WPML. We wish to simplify this process and make more stuff work out of the box, which takes a lot of development and testing time. It's one of our biggest "tickets" we're currently working on.

Cheers!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Modern Tribe,
    My client needs a calendar that is ML ready. This means i can not use your plugins for that project.

Come on guys, i just can not understand what can take sooooo long to make all the strings translateable. I mean i made several plugins for my clients that are WPML compatible and therefore i know it is really easy to do and can not take so long. What the hell are you developing on that needs so much resources that you can not accomplish such an easy task in 1,5 years and you do not even have a timeline yet??!!

• Carlos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This sounds brilliant! Exactly what we need. Do you have any date when this could come out as a beta or final release? Thanks in advance!

• AdminModern Tribe (Product Owner, The Events Calendar by Modern Tribe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Howdy Danny,

We definitely wish to help you figure that out. Please open a topic in our support forums: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/

To everyone else we are excited to be hard at work on WPML compatibility. We have completed our investigation into any conflicts between the two plugins, and our currently writing changes that will fix them. :)

Thank you again for helping make our plugin better. Cheers!
    - The Modern Tribe Support Team

• Danny Andersen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just bought WooCommerce Tickets and was excited to set events with ticket sales... However, the tickets never showed up and I found out this is an issue. Please fix it fast - is there a way I can get my money back as I have basically paid for something that is useless to me at the moment?

• Kristin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh no!!! I was so excited to use this plugin finally and now I can't because my site must be in 2 languages! I am super bummed! I was going to do Community Events too! DAMN!

• Mario commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great to hear WPML might be supported in the future, really need that

• Wolfgang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

event calendar seems to provide all functions needed for my project - but WPML support is missing. please add this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Events calendar, perfect. layout awesome, easy to use....then I tried to use WPML and bang, it broke, unpredicatable and all I wanted was to switch from English events to German events.
    I tried pretty much all fixes I could but after 3 days of trying opted for another option, real shame.
    If it was part of Pro would of paid on the spot.

• Giovanni Sonego commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've found Events Calendar and is seems perfect for my purpose...except for the possibility to be translated in other languages. What a pity... I need it for promoting event in a touristic area, and we need to have at least two languates, better four.

• Giovanni Sonego commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've found Events Calendar and is seems perfect for my purpose...except for the possibility to be translated in other languages. What a pity

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base