I suggest you ...

Filter Bar as a Widget

The filter bar looks great but it creates a new column, taking up valuable space.

I'd like a WIDGET that calls the filter bar functionality. That way, if you're already using sidebars, you can simply plug activate the filter bar in a sidebar and NOT create that additional column! It would save a LOOOOOOT of space...

49 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

eFromDC shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Shawn D. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm conflicted. I thought about starting a separate suggestion because I'd rather have the ability to toggle the Filter Bar off and on for shortcode calendars. But I suppose a widget could theoretically work since you're building the page and embedding the calendar shortcode.

For us, either this solution or adding a Filter Bar toggle on the shorcode calendar would achieve the same thing.

• Thomas Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A widget would be more ideal.

Also, it would be more user friendly and astatically pleasing if you could replace the basic filter bar with the advanced filter bar (which would include both sets of filters). The current setup is a bit confusing for the average user.

Additionally, users are having trouble using the filter itself because the page reloads every time you select a filter option. It would be more ideal if the user could select all the filter options, then select search once they are done.

Feedback and Knowledge Base