I suggest you ...

Make links to events filterable, so they can be target="_blank"

The option to be able to open links in a new window (in the desc. window) would be really needed.

8 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Comments are closed
    • Sirbasku commented  · 

The Event Website field, if populated, will direct the browser away from the wordpress website when a user clicks on the link. I think there should be an option similar to the option that exists when editing an inserted media link URL that specifies to Open Link in a New Tab. This way we can specify an Event Website for the reader to browse in a new tab, without our readers loosing their place on our wordpress site.

• Sirbasku commented  · 

I agree there needs to be a way to specify opening external links, such as Event Website, in a new tab. This option is available when editing a media link, but not available for external link fields, such as "event website," when editing the event itself.

• B. Emmens commented  · 

I would like to see an option in for the different website fields to indicate a target. We work with many external websites, and therefore we prefer that a website (url) is opened in a new page (instead of in the active window)

Event Venue webiste, Organizers website and Event Website target= option [_blank, _parent, _self, _top]

• Craig commented  · 

Thanks for the quick response!

Here's our recommendation: Create a set of check boxes that allow you to do what you listed. As a minimum, provide check boxes that allow you to open the Event and Venue Website URL in a new tab.

Oh, and while updating the plug-in code, why not add the ability to print the Event (not Venue) Website URL? You would score lots of points with your customers.

Useful Info: Web developers, designers, marketers, and salespeople have confirmed that a website's SEO ranking will go up if these type of links open in a new page. Also, it allows the viewer to go back to the website's original page faster, thus providing a logical UX.

Cheers!

• Craig commented  · 

We second the above - with a small change: Add a tick box to the plugin to activate/deactivate opening a link (event, etc.) in a new tab.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I want outside links to open in a new tab - ALWAYS. When events are imported in, there is no setting for this as a default setting.

• Olivier Sherfa commented  · 

Hello I am very surprised that your event tool does not allow the option "open a link in a new window". As you know when a user clicks on the site of the event it switches to the targeted site and the source site disappears. (All internet users do not necessarily know how to click with the middle button of the mouse) This little surprising lack has deterred me from using your tool and it is very damaging.

Feedback and Knowledge Base