Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our help desk. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Community Events > option to import from CSV

Community Events is pretty well done, except if you have more than a few events (or venues, or organizers). It's a real turnoff trying to get larger organizations to use it and not to be able to import. How about adding that option in settings - to expose the importer?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Community Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Ability to Limit Submissions to Users with Specific Roles

Requested Feature:
    Build in a security option to restrict access to members of a certain role or roles.

Challenge:
    Currently Community Events has two options to control what site users can submit events for inclusion on the calendar. Allow all registered users to submit events or allow anonymous user submissions.

Scenario:
    Our organization has leadership positions that are voted upon by the membership. These elections are annual and therefore, the positions turn over regularly. For the benefit of these elected users, most of which who know nothing about WordPress, we need a clean and simple to use “form” that allows…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Community Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Implement "admin-like" sorting functionality to "My Events" list (sort by column header)

The list of user submitted events (example.com/events/community/list) is currently sorted in descending order, meaning events starting in two weeks are listed first, events starting in one week listed below.
    This is because this view is considered as an admin-like page (as I can administer my submitted events here), and in the admin it is in descending order by default.

But if this view is considered as an admin-like page, then it should have "admin-like" features. One would be to change order by clicking a column header, as it's possible in the backend ("Status", "Title", "Organizer", "Venue", ... and, especially, "Start…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Optimize / clean up event submit form by removing selectable options

A switch in the settings to hide or turn off the follwowing fields in the event submit form would be useful:
    d) Timezone (not necessary if there are only events of one country/region)
    e) Recurring events (not every calendar needs them)

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  10 comments  ·  Community Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow users to create new categories on community event form

Admins should be able to enable or disable a feature that would allow users to add new categories on the community events form.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  5 comments  ·  Community Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable latitude longitude for the community events front end submission form.

We have a lot of events that don’t have a proper address, and I’d like to offer them the option to enter those in if they know them. Even better to offer a link to a tool to find them out. These fields are available in the backend for events, so I don’t know why it shouldn’t be for the front end. I feel like there should just an option to click on from the settings, rather than having to create a customized version of the front end template.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  1 comment  ·  Community Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Set separate event recurrence limit for contributors

This would be for Community + Pro. As admin I'd naturally use the uppermost limit for neverending events, but for community contributors, a smaller max time period and/or total number of events would be great. Really, just having a max number of total events allowed.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  3 comments  ·  Community Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow removal of /community in url

Have a toggle so that you can remove the /community in the url so that all events have the same url base:

/event/%eventslug%/

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Community Events > Duplicate events

I'd love to see it in the frontend submission of Community Events.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Community Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Approved events that are edited should revert to Pending/Draft instead of Published.

When a user submits an event to the Community Events form, the event goes into Pending/Draft as I have set in the admin panel. However, if a user goes back to edit an Approved/Published event, it should also automatically get withdrawn from the site and submitted for approval.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  5 comments  ·  Community Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a 'Claim Listing' feature for users on the front end.

It would be good if users could Claim a listing if they are the true owners. Currently events can be set up by anybody but it is not easy for the true owner to Claim That listing. With community events it is too easy for anyone to pretend to be the owner of an event.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  4 comments  ·  Community Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Shared media library for community events submissions

On many websites most of the events are being created by users.
    They upload the events and an according image via the Event Submit page:
    http://www.domain.com/events/community/add

Unfortunately this unneccessarily blows up the media library with the same images (10 events of one band = 10 equal images in the media library).

It would be great to let the user select his own (security!) images via the media manager.

Here are two links with code snipplets that is maybe a good start to implement this:

Restricting access to only images that have been uploaded by the user:

http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/1482/restricting-users-to-view-only-media-library-items-they-have-uploaded

Integrate the media…

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Community Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow user to alter the subject text for the event submission notification email

I'd like to be able to alter the subject field of the notification email generated when a user submits an event. Specifically, I'd like to change the middle part that is currently hardcoded as "Community Events Submission". I'd like to retain the ability to have the other parts of the subject, ie. the prepended site name and the appended event title.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Set default author for anonymous community event submission

Set default author for anonymous community event submission

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  4 comments  ·  Community Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Community > Allow each of the multiple organizers to edit an event

Shared Event Management

Now that we can have multiple Organizers attached to an event, it would be nice if event editing ability could be shared among multiple submitters, either as something that could be assigned via the administrative backend, or through a "share" option that the event submitter could use, similar to the share features for Google Docs. (Submitter #1 sends an invite to member #2).

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option to Auto-Approve Events from Specific Users

I have my community calendar set to moderate all incoming events. I would like to have the option to auto-approve events by specific users that I trust.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  3 comments  ·  Community Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Limit event title to x number of characters

Long titles clutter up the calendar. It would be nice if we could force people to compose shorter cleaner titles.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  2 comments  ·  Community Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Shortcode to show the newest events added to the calendar

Have a shortcode to show the newest events added to the calendar - so would show the last 10 events submitted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow relabling of "Event" phrase in the Community Events plugin as well

For the TEC and TEC PRO plugins, you have a very cool optional plugin called "Relabler". https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/change-labels-events-venues-organizers/

Could you add this for the Community Events as well?

See for more info: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/the-events-calendar-relabler-doesnt-work-for-community-events/#post-1588890

Thanks in advance :)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base