Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our help desk. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rating System for Events

A rating system for past events could be great. I was looking into implementing with GD star, but you can only have the option of rating ALL events, not past events due to the event date being set as meta data not as post date.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

needs more votes  ·  10 comments  ·  New plugin ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add support for the calendar in a subdirectory like /subdir/events/

Currently we can use /Events or /Calendar as the root level or slug. I propose having the ability to use /Football/Schedule or /Parents/Calendar

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Year View

I have had users asking for a year view -- for planning purposes. They are able to go from month to month, but occasionally events run over month lines they lose concentration clicking from month to month. Plus, it does give an over-all view when making assessments and yearly time considerations.
    Plus, it seems like it might be a fairly easy addition -- just a screen shot of all the months together.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you guys so much for your feedback. Work on this is about 50% complete.

However, when we reanalyzed our priorities we realized that some of our new features, like year view, should be put on hold for now to make time for some higher impact endeavors. We are currently focused on bug fixes, architecture improvements, and polishing our current UI. While these improvements are not as “flashy” as new features like year view, they are helping a significantly greater portion of our users than this sort of new feature. Thus, we have to focus on these for a while longer. Once those tasks are complete we will have some extra time for exciting things like finishing year view.

Cheers!
    - The Modern Tribe Support Team

4. Pro Additional Fields configurable as public/private for Community Events

Event Calendar Pro lets me add additional fields - all of which show up on the Community Events edit screen. It would be good to have an option to customize which are private (admin only and not viewable via the my events screen) and which are public. Probably has an impact on template function calls as well.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sorting for additional Fields

Id like to be able to move where the field appears in the backend instead of the newest item always being last.

For example I had a client ask me to add times to the opening acts. There were already 3 opening acts set up within the calendar with different atributes for each.

Since each new time atribute matched with an opening artist I made sense to group it with that artist like the rest of the atributes, not have all the times at the end of the list so I had to re-input all the opening acts.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add a new Event in Month View

It would be great to have a month view with the possibility to add a new event directly.

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  New plugin ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Upcoming Events Sidebar Widget Needs to be Clickable to Open Full Calendar

Please make it so when people click on the top of the calendar image of the sidebar widget it opens the page with the full calendar -- or make it so I can set this up.

Invariably I watch people new to my site try to do this. I have tried to do it. Other calendars do it. Why doesn't the Event Calendar do it. Did I just miss not setting it up right?

Thank you.
    Carolyn

135 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow embedding of The Events Calendar on other websites

Please tell us if embedding of The Events Calendar on other websites (or even on other sites within a WP Multisite network) is on your roadmap.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can add RSVP and Tribe PayPal tickets to Community Events without Event Tickets Plus or WooCommerce

I want to be able to add RSVP (and ideally Tribe PayPal) tickets to Community Events form without needing WooCommerce (especially) or ET+ (ideally)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

longterm roadmap  ·  0 comments  ·  Community Tickets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please submit the Event Tickets Plus app to the Amazon Appstore

Please submit the Event Tickets Plus app to the Amazon Appstore so it can be used on Amazon Fire tablets. Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show Date (Tuesday Oct 2) as Featured Image if no featured image assigned.

Is there a way to show Date as Featured image instead of grey calendar icon?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ensure content in ajax requests can be json encoded before json encoding.

In version 4.6.20.1 of The Events Calendar, ajax data is not sanitized for non-UTF-8 content prior to json encoding, allowing the request to silently fail.

The list class (the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Template/List.php) has an apply_filters call, but does not capture the return variable, preventing us from solving this ourselves.

Ensure the content can be jsonencoded:
    $response['html'] = mb
    convert_encoding($response['html'], 'UTF-8');

Or correct the apply filters call:
    $response = applyfilters( 'tribeeventsajaxresponse', $response );

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Forgotten Password/Username Function

Forgotten Password/Username button on the Sign In/Register page. Urgently needed! Thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ticketed for consideration  ·  0 comments  ·  Community Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show organizers in full-site search results

When performing a full-site search from the main menu on our site, events and venues will appear in the search results but organizers won’t.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add featured images to month view

Would it be possible for this to become an option in settings instead of having to manually add code?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/adding-featured-images-to-month-view/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add unique classes to each month title in span.tribe-events-list-separator-month

I’m using JS to add the name of the month as a class to the span.tribe-events-list-separator-month

The goal is to use custom graphics for the month headings instead of text. The JS I’m using is not very foolproof, and only fires when the page is finished loading. I had to hide the “next/prev events” buttons, because they reload the page with ajax, so my JS doesn’t get triggered, and the month headings then “disappear”.

If that span had a class with the month name or month number in it already, I wouldn’t need the JS, and it would work perfectly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add ability to change the url parameter name in the Filter Bar from "tribe_" to "*somethinghere_*"

Add ability to change the url parameter name in the Filter Bar from:

/?tribe_city=

to
    /?somethinghere_city=

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

needs dev review  ·  0 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Update the Countdown SHORTCODE to include next event functionality

The Events Calendar is a great plugin and very useful for a lot of situations. My one major suggestion so far is as follows:

It would be very helpful to add the "countdown to next event" functionality to the Countdown shortcode. The widget doesn't always fit into a sites design and having to update the current shortcode every time an event passes is quite cumbersome.

The shortcode can be styled using css to greater effect in some cases.

There was a functions.php code addition that someone added in the support forums for this in 2016 but it tends to break…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Integrate with Google My Business posts/events

Google has implemented the post and event "post-type" for GMB. Can you or are you planning to integrate that feature through google's API ?

That would be an AWESOME feature, saving much time (i.e. writing GBM post inside the wordpress event editor).
    Fields are basic for now so shouldn't be too hard (title+descr+CTA-link+date)

I've found this as reference, but its very basic and quite expensive: https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-to-google-my-business/

Hope this could help as feedback/suggestion

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Third Party Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Can we Invite people to an event?

I would like to invite both members and non-members of my site. Just like using google calendars using email addresses and/or members from the website. An "invite all members" option would be great as well.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base