Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our help desk. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Eventbrite - Filter Tickets

I have a single event with a large number of tickets for different categories, (lets say Music/Art/Education etc).

On my website, I would like to advertise the relevent tickets on each page as theres currently no way to filter out the tickets.

This would be a really handy feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Eventbrite Tickets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add text that the user would see prior to Start Sale date

Add one text field to the ticket area that would incorporate the "Start Sale" field to display a message to the visitor if they view the event before that date.

As it is now, the visitor reads about the event, sees all the When and Where details... and then wonders what they're missing and why they can't purchase/sign up. All they need is a message: "Registration will begin on %StartSale% -- please check back!"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option for "all day" events placement in one day page

Please add an option to put "All day" event at top or bottom in One Day page.

There are events that starts at a specified hour, but actually they are always put after "One day" events

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Notifications for Pending Imported Events

When a new import has been made and the event is set to "waiting for approval" an e-mail is sent to one or more (pre defined by admin) addresses with a message saying "you have new events to approve".

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  6 comments  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. hide event tickets from wordpress & woocommerce search

Since I run a business that sells services, online courses and physical products next to tickets for small workshops and live courses, and find that in the search results there are a lot of tickets for events (both future and past events) that I really don't want in that results. I can't just filter out the product CPT, because I also have other products in store, I do want to show.

So I really need something (preverably a setting) to prevent event tickets from appearing in the search result (both the general WP-search and the WooCommerce Search). Whatever sollution should…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  2 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Private Link Events without need to log in

We had an organization we wanted to allow to purchase tickets before going on sale to the public. However the event gets posted to our calendar and we'd rather it not be seen by the public until the general sale. This seems like something many business and organizations might want.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow us to create shortcodes in Image Widget Plus

Allow us to create shortcodes in Image Widget Plus so that we can display the widget outside of sidebars etc and in Post & Pages in what ever position we like i.e. bottom of posts, throughout the Post body etc.

Regards,

Ray

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Image Widget Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Wegottickets integration

Allow us to use a ticket link to send the client to wegottickets to buy tickets.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Third Party Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. API to create new scheduled imports

Provide an API for creating new scheduled imports to be executed in Event Aggregator. We need to import thousands of automated import sources to aggregate from on various schedules. An API should enable us to extend the plugin to allow importing these scheduled imports from an external data source. We would like the ability to provide all the information required for creating a scheduled import in a single object or array.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. JSON-LD for event on the single place page

I want the JSON-LD for event to be enabled for each event on the single place page.

example: http://bit.ly/2eLS3Q6
    Result structured data google: http://bit.ly/2tXj7xx

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Plugin URI in all the plugins headers

Original Posting - https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/plugins-are-missing-plugin-uri-in-the-plugin-header/#post-1360233

I just wanted to flag that you guys haven’t provided a Plugin URI in your plugins so when they appear in system reports (Gravity Forms, WooCommerce, etc.) and other places they aren’t linked to your website.
    Fairly minor but might be a good idea.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Third Party Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable an option for GST calculation in Tickets Plus price displays

Gday Tribe forumites

In Australia, it is mandatory to display pricing including GST.

The easiest way to add data is to put the ex GST price in (eg. $98) and let the computer do the maths to display the GST inclusive price ($107.80).

The Tickets plus combination with WooCommerce allows one of the frontend display areas to display the GST inclusive, and I suspect this is WooCommerce coding.

However, the primary area for the ticket price does not calculate, it shows the original input.

Here is a screenshot: https://screencast.com/t/ZBmqzCspXbMb

I'd like a radio button option that overrides the input (default)…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add links to the top of the calendar for previous/next months

My background is in usability (I have a degree in Human Factors Psychology). One of the things that I was surprised not see in the calendar view was a set of links at the TOP of the calendar for previous/next months. I see them now at the bottom, but as a user looking to go to the next month, and with the bottom of the calendar cut off on my screen, I was confused for a bit when trying to figure out how to get to the next month.

It would be fine to have the links at the bottom,…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. "This Weekend" / "This Week" / "This Month" Options in Filter Bar / Tribe Bar

Such a feature would help tremendously for people who want to know what's on this weekend or see what's coming up next month. This isn't immediately obviously when looking at the a chronological list of events and the date picker is cumbersome for this sort of task.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Include [View-Event] link in notification of newly imported event

When a new event is imported a notification is given which includes a link to any new venue or new organizer. However the new event itself is not linked.

The new event listing is likely to be the view that one is most likely to want to look at to see if it has rendered correctly, or to edit some personal content to the event.

It could be a simple fix to add [View your event listing] to the notification.

This is what is currently shown:

Import complete!
    1 new event was imported. 1 new image was imported.
    1 new…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  1 comment  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Featured Image to Event Countdown Widget

I would like to be able to add the featured image for an event to the Countdown Widget.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add ability to import multiple iCal files simultaneously

Currently in Event Aggregator, the iCal import is a one-by-one process. Select an iCal file, import it. Select next iCal file, import it. Etc.

If I could select and upload multiple iCal files at once and process them simultaneously it would make a tedious process much quicker.

Also, if you could auto-delete the iCal files from the WP Media section it would be appreciated. These files are not likely to be used as content as any page/post. Better yet, would be to upload them in some other fashion so they don't end up in the WP Media section at all.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add support for Project Nami / MSSQL

Currently Tribe Events uses several SQL commands that are not supported by MS SQL, causing errors to appear in the admin dashboard when the plugin is installed on a Project Nami instance. (Project Nami is a fork of Wordpress that uses MSSQL instead of MySQL.) Using the $wpdb API instead of raw SQL or a custom abstraction layer will enable this plugin to be used on Nami installs as well as traditional MySQL environments.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow import from Wild Apricot

We import events for a couple of organizations that are using Wild Apricot (https://www.wildapricot.com). Since Wild Apricot isn't support by EA, we import the events via ics file.

If EA supported automated event import for Wild Apricot it would certainly make updating events much easier.

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base