Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our help desk. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set Organizer JSON Type

The current default "Type" for organizers is set to "Person" in the Organizer.php file. It would be nice to have the ability to set this to either "Person" or "Organization". Preferably a metabox in the Organizers admin page to select/set the Type.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Mark import as featured

It would be great if imports could be marked as featured so that all events from that source get featured tag rather than having to go in and manually mark them.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  2 comments  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Featured events quick edit

Add support for the featured event checkbox when in bulk edit mode and/or in Quick Edit mode.

That way you don't have to individually set the featured event status on each featured event one by one.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sort Scheduled Imports Alphabetically

I would like to be able to sort my scheduled imports alphabetically. With the current order of ‘last added’, it’s hard for me to review who I’ve already created a feed for.

I want to be able to look at all my import sources alphabetically so that I can determine which ones I've already created.

Currently, the only method of sorting is by 'last import'

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Have a rolling calendar view?

One where the rows of weeks continually shift upwards, so that you always see the next four weeks or so in advance?

If a visitor happens to visit the page on the last day or two of the month, they’ll see a lot of greyed-out squares and an apparent lack of events; they’d have to click the tiny arrows beside the month to turn the page.. The current list of upcoming events underneath only seems to show those in the month currently being viewed, so a rolling calendar would ensure students see all upcoming events, even later in the month.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Advanced List Widget: [tribe_events_list] to allow category=Yes and Tags=yes

We use the [tribeeventslist] both for individual categories event listings and also the combined list of events. For the latter it would be great to be able to display the category name.
    It doesn't seem that you can currently add either the category or the tags as extra information to the view for this shortcode?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Set the publishing date for imported events

I like to include some events in my main feed.

If for example I import the fixtures for a sports season that overwhelms the main feed and fills it with events - rather than todays features and stories.

We can chose where imported events end up: publish, draft, etc. Why can we not set the publish date as well?

Either chose a publishing date when performing the import - today or a date in the past (or future).
    Or allow the publishing date to be edited in the bulk in draft mode - rather than have to open each event…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add an option to only show next occurrence of recurring event in 'Upcoming Events' widget

The main reason I upgraded to the PRO version of The Events Calendar was to take advantage of the recurring events feature, however after setting this up the 'Upcoming Events' sidebar widget has now become useless as it simply displays the same event over and over because several of the occurrences are before the next independent event.

I would like to see the option to only show the next instance of a recurring event in the widget's list.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I imagine, with enough votes, we might be able to implement one or all of the following:
    - a widget checkbox option like: “don’t show other occurrences within the same recurrence series as a related event within this widget”
    - a checkbox in the general settings that does this globally
    - a checkbox in the recurrence settings (so as to not be available to non-recurring single events) that does this per series – for controlling display on the single event view’s related events

9. Allow event descriptions appearing in the main blog loop to be stickied

More or less as in the title. In order to promote a specific event, it would be useful to have the description that appears in the main blog loop stickied in the same manner that an ordinary post might be.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Community Events > Only show My Organizers or Venues

It would be great if the Organizer could be a registered user with certain role attribute for that user. For example is a user is an author a drop down list of all the users (who are authors) could be linked as the organizer for an event(s).

This feature could also be very useful in the community events form. The logged in user should be the default organizer. The Admin can determine whether this can be changed or not depending on restrictions that the admin can set.

Would love to see this feature!

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Category Pages > set featured image

Add the ability to upload a featured image to event categories and display it on the category page.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Could we get Event tickets to work with WooExtensions for Product add-ons please. We could then add additional items to customise.

Could we get Event tickets to work with WooExtensions for Product add-ons please. We could then add additional items to customise and add features such as paying for dinners, pickup etc..or add the feature to the ticket plugin .. allowing us to create add-on fields with values..

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Draft shows in GigPress

I'd like to have the option to create new shows in GigPress adding them as draft. All the publishing options that standard posts have would be nice! Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  GigPress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve translations to support languages with complex noun inflections

While the Event Calendar and its PRO version are both translatable, the way translations are done doesn't work for many inflected languages.

The main issue is that nouns "Event" and plural "Events" are translated once and stored as variables, which then is used in all contexts. It works for English because there are only singular and plural noun forms but it's impossible to create correct and meaningful translations in other languages. Same issue applies for Spanish, Italian, French, Portuguese and many more languages.

For instance, in Latvian and Lithuanian nouns and adjectives are declined in up to seven overt cases.…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Venue links to google maps directions - walk, transit, driving, biking

Hi,

I saw a feature on Eventbrite's event page today that would be a great addition. Links to directions to venue from your current location.

It has links based on modes of transport.

See here: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/intro-to-ux-design-tickets-22921212965?aff=DM

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. shortcode to show [upcoming x days]

I'd like a shortcode similar to [tribethisweek], but it would show next 4 or 5 days (or whatever). Currently the [tribethisweek], is great but the week fills the entire width of the page and shows days that have already gone by - taking up valuable real estate on the page.

it'd be great to specify # of days showing would also have next & previous like the week shortcode does. It advance by x number of days instead of 7 days and would always display with today as the first day shown.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Create countdown timer that can be set for each particular event

Right now, the countdown timer can either be set to display [1] the next event, or [2] a particular event. Since my business has many events, it would be most helpful to enable a countdown timer for every single event (so if I visit event A, I see countdown timer A; if I visit event B, then I see countdown timer B).

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a language configuration for Google Maps links

The google map link in venue info has now a parameter hl=en. It would be great to be able to configure it to use any language.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Email customers once they are checked in

This would be a really handy feature. A customisable email along the lines of "Thanks for attending {Event Name} on {Date}"... etc.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  2 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Change month view search results to display month of first event occurrence

On our website we have chosen Month View as our default calendar view. When a user searches an event that occurs in a future month, they see nothing because search results always display the current month. The user thinks the event doesn't exist, in cases where the event happens in a future month.

We'd like to request this be changed so that search results display the month of the first occurrence of the event... a more effective means to display results and improve user experience.

Thanks for considering!

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base