Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our help desk. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

• Vote for an existing idea (104)
  • or
  1. Advanced Filtering for Calendar

Advanced Filtering for Calendar
    I would like to create a set of categories that allows a user to apply as filter points to a calender. Ideally, users would be able to choose multiple categories or sub categories and filter by date, location, venue, organizer. Then, I want users to see results in calendar form, not list form.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the ability to 'Filter By Author'

I use the "advanced post manager' plug-in and would like the ability to 'filter by author'. I want to be able to filter my events by author. I can't always use 'filter by Organizer'

I would like to be able to select 'Author' as one of the active filters so that I can filter by events by the author that created the event.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Remember end user filter settings

About the filters, is it possible to save filter settings for the calendar per user for when a user visits the site next time, so that the user does not need to set all the filters again every time?

If that is not possible it would be a pretty awesome feature.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  1 comment  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. create a search bar widget

Make the events search bar a widget. It’s such a great tool, but it’s hidden on my homepage with no easy way to put it out front where it really belongs.

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Show Number of Events in Filter

Dynamic event count for filters, similar to:
    - SHIRTS (23)
    - SHORTS (15)
    - PANTS (6)
    - HATS (31)

These filters would change as other options are selected, as seen on Amazon and other major sites.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "This Weekend" / "This Week" / "This Month" Options in Filter Bar / Tribe Bar

Such a feature would help tremendously for people who want to know what's on this weekend or see what's coming up next month. This isn't immediately obviously when looking at the a chronological list of events and the date picker is cumbersome for this sort of task.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to filter OUT events by keyword

Add the ability to filter OUT events by keyword in a feed. This is the converse of the existing filter functionality.

Use Case: I have a scheduled event import of an organizations events which contains a "Monthly Meeting" that I'd prefer NOT to import. As it stands now, I need to manually trash each "Monthly Meeting" event that gets imported. Being able to set a filter to ignore "monthly meeting" would save me some tedious work.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Tribe Bar keyword search to include category

Tribe Bar keyword search doesn’t include the category that an item is categorized in: it appears to only search the title and description of the event.

The keyword search should include the category that an item is in.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  The Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. RSS Category Filter

Ability to filter RSS feed by category.

We use ECPro & Tickets Plus to manage all our events (a mixture of public and private). Would like to be able to filter by category so that we can easily market events to people interested in a particular type of training course via integration with our ESP. At present it's unusable as using the RSS feed provides links to private training courses and doesn't allow us to target people with courses that might be relevant to them.

I have seen admin comments that other technologies are being introduced but no further information…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  The Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. category filter for backend

I would like to be able to filter the backend list of events by category, also by upcoming or past events.

When a site has been around for a while, finding things in the backend could be simpler!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add 'today' option to the admin page filter

At the Filters & Columns area of the Events admin page, the user may add a 'Start date' filter and save it. This is convenient for future use. It would be even better to give the saved filter the ability to use today's date as a parameter.

But when choosing the start date 'date' from the dropdown calendar, there is no option to choose 'today' as the date. Another solution may be to add 'On and After Today' and 'On and Before Today' to the 'Start Date' dropdown menu.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Eventbrite - Filter Tickets

I have a single event with a large number of tickets for different categories, (lets say Music/Art/Education etc).

On my website, I would like to advertise the relevent tickets on each page as theres currently no way to filter out the tickets.

This would be a really handy feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Eventbrite Tickets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add additional filter for 'tickets/email.php' email

In the file `/src/Tribe/Meta/Render.php` add an additional filter the meta data to be transformed before the email is sent.
    ```
    $meta_data = apply_filters( 'tribe_event_tickets_plus_email_meta_data', $meta_data, $item );
    ```

Why?
    I have a meta field that stores the user's ID instead of their name so I can use that throughout the application to grab additional information related to the user. So when the email goes out it only shows their user id instead of showing the name of the user.
    Adding this filter will allow me to transform that id into whatever content I would like.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add additional filter for attendees table to allow searching by custom metadata

In the file `/event-tickets/src/Tribe/Attendees_Table.php` on line 805 there is a filter of `tribe_tickets_search_attendees_by` which allows adding additional searchable fields for attendees. If you can add one more additional filter for the `$items` then we would be able to search by any custom meta data that applies to that attendee.

Here is an example:

New Filter that would go on line 806 (or before the other filter, doesn't really matter)
    ```
    $items = apply_filters( 'tribe_tickets_search_attendees', $items, $search );
    ```

Then in my functions.php I have:
    ```
    /**
    * Add ticket ID as searchable
    */
    add_filter('tribe_tickets_search_attendees_by', function…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. filter events by author

With the "advanced post manager" it is currently not possible to filter by author, nor is it possible to sort by author. This means there is no good way for me to see all of the events from a particular author and edit them, which is incredibly important to ensure quality.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Advanced Post Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a filter for deleted, canceled, completed orders on the attendees list

the ability to filter out the attendees that are not going with the ones that are going by determining the order status. this would be best as a part of the text input box that is labeled "Filter by purchaser name, ticket #, order # or security code: "

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  1 comment  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add option to menu bar to select only certain categories and/or tags to be displayed

It would be great to have the option to select only certain categories and tags to be displayed for any calendar view. This could be part of the menu bar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Enable option for 'and' behaviour as an alternative to 'or' logic

I’ve noticed that Filter bar is working the opposite way that I thought it would.

Given the following scenario:

Event X – Assigned to only Category A
    Event Y – Assigned to only Category B
    Event Z – Assigned to both Category A and Category B

Filtering on category A brings back X & Z as expected.
    Filtering on Category B brings back Y & Z as expected.
    Filtering on Category A AND Category B brings back X, Y & Z – not expected!

I was hoping that the filter would look for events that had been…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Aggregator : Import Filter by 1 or more countries

It would be great if you could filter facebook events by country.

Aka if I only want events located in Australia, or Australia and New Zealand to import from facebook.

Would be happy for it to be one country, but multiple shouldn't be too much more work code wise and would make people super happy! ;-)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. A filter for mapping attributes in aggregator

Before the request is sent to the aggregator api, add a filter so that weird attributes on the event host can be mapped to sane attributes in the aggregator server before they are sent to the receiving TEC calendar

for example XYZ-ATTRIBUTE => ORGANIZER

where XYZ-ATTRIBUTE is an attribute that is served from the originating host and ORGANIZER is defined here https://www.kanzaki.com/docs/ical/organizer.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs dev review  ·  0 comments  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base