Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our help desk. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ticket sales via Stripe without Woo

The recently released Event Tickets with Paypal is great, but purchasers still have to leave your web site and go out to Paypal. It would be great if this solution also included Stripe, which allows you to have the credit card form on the order page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

• Locations Calendar, bookings functionality

Bookings Plugin or Feature
      It would be great to have a bookings feature for locations, based on hourly/daily/weekly time slots showing availability etc

A great extension taking events bookings to the venue hires!

For example, this might be a great feature for: vacation rentals, halls, tours, hair dressers, masseuses, yoga studios, workshops, classes, and doctor's offices any many more

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• CSV import permalink

Add a new field to the CSV import so we can specify the permalink in the CSV file.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Supply an export to CSV functionality which would include event data as well as venue data.

We mainly would use this to take the event data and export it to be included in a print product. Currently, we can export the event and then export the venues through a third party plugin, but that, obviously, creates a manual headache of matching the venue data with the venueID on the event export.

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add Open Link in New Tab option for Event Website url field (really need this for any url)

The Event Website field, if populated, will direct the browser away from the wordpress website when a user clicks on the link. I think there should be an option similar to the option that exists when editing an inserted media link URL that specifies to Open Link in a New Tab. This way we can specify an Event Website for the reader to browse in a new tab, without our readers loosing their place on our wordpress site.

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• German Date/Time for the Eventcalender

Hi guys,

io know this is not really a new idea, buit i did not found any settings to configuzre in the frontend a german time and Date. It is always in englisch. If i open the Detail and Overview i always see englisch dates and times. This is not helpful for germans. Is there any Options how i can set german Date and Time in Frontend,

I always set the Time and Date in the Wordpress Configuration to German, but there is nothing happens.

Pls help us with that Problem

Thanks

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Hide event/ticket url for non logged in users

I love to have the option to hide the event / ticket url for non logged in users. Before the url shows up, I want a message that says the visitor needs to login before the url is visable. after loggin in redirect to url they want to visit (ticket/event url)

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Different view for calendar view, images, name

Hi.
                  Today I have month or week calendar view, which displays only title.
                  But when my events started for the same word with the same day, I have 2-3 boxes with the same text (without filters).
                  i want to suggest to have in this views (month and week) option what I can see. For example, for month view - images, for week - images and title (name, description)

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Attendee sorting and Email information

I have been using the Events Tickets Plus for 3 weeks now and really like it. However, there are a couple of things that would make using the software better. I would really like the ability to be able to sort the attendee view information so it can show the newest ticket purchases first in the list, instead of having to go to page 3 of 4, 4 of 4, etc. Also, it would be great to have any custom filed information that is collected from the ticket to be shown on the notification email the administrator gets, as well…

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• make RSVP count toward shared capacity

Is there a reason that RSVPs do not count against shared capacity? It would be really great if they did. I often use multiple RSVP types, and would ideally like to set a shared capacity equal to the capacity of the venue, then allow the quantity available per RSVP type to adjust based on that shared capacity.

Thanks!

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add 'Series starts on' field for recurring Event Series

Irregular recurring events cannot be added (easily) using the current Event Series tabs (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly, Once).

For example, my events may occur every weekend and also every day during each school holiday period. Using the current Event Series tabs, I cannot programme this without an additional feature…

How about for each Event Series rule, adding a 'Series starts on' feature to match the existing 'Series ends on' field? This would allow one rule to manage the infinitely weekend series, then another rule to manage irregular sessions such as the school holiday period.

E.g.
                        Rule 1: Event Series >…

4 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow events with same title and time in different venues

Consider the following CSV, where two distinct events with identical titles and times happen at two venues simultaneously:

https://gist.github.com/stevygee/6d657e3585af3a0f4ef6edfed7a2359a

I was expecting the importer two add two events from these two records. However, since it only compares title and date, it wrongly assumes these are identical. The importer adds an event from the first record, then updates it with data from the second record.

The fix would be quite easy, either:
                          https://gist.github.com/stevygee/51f9822aa873414baa1b137188ceef6f

Otherwise, please allow us to filter $query_args in File_Importer_Events.php line 59 so developers can tweak how events are matched.

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow the sale of other WooProducts with tickets on events page

Often there are items tied into an event Organizer would like to sell at the time of purchasing tickets (event t-shirts, caps, journal Ads). As confirmed with support there is no way to show these add-one on the events page. Suggest a feature where an organizer could add existing WooCommerce products to be sold with tickets. Note that for simplicity these would be products to be picked up at event (no need to go through the shipping dialogue).

3 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add featured image to Events widget

We have the ability to choose lots of different data to display or hide... all except image. I really want to show my next three events with images and details below instead of the clunky calendar graphic with the date. it just doesn't look good.

7 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Time Slot / Appointment plugin

Adding the ability to add start and end time to an event is already possible. Maybe add the ability to split the one event in several timeslots within the setup of the event. Give just X spots to be booked per slot and that will give the option to sell for example tents, barbeque spots etc.
                                For the start that would be great!!
                                I know you declined this previously but maybe you could reconsider.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• List Detail Event

Create the list detail view similar a link: http://events.eightlane.org/latest/?action=tribe_geosearch&tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=past

separated for montly, with bottom "View Program" and "View Results" or personalize bottom (add additional field in settings), difference color background, category sport and venue. The list detail event at similar page link: http://www.fssi.it/calendario-attivita-fssi-2017-2018/

Davide

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Event statistics report

Our organization would like an easy way to compile event statistics for a specific time period (calendar year, for example). TEC doesn't include any such reporting functionality and I'm not aware of any 3rd party solutions to this other than using an SQL tool.

Data that we would be interested in includes:

* number of events in the time period
                                    * number of tickets sold in the time period
                                    * total revenue for the time period

Thanks!

2 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add "Ticket Fieldset" to CSV import for tickets.

My client offers after-school events per quarter for dozens of schools. Every event has a required ticket fieldset (child's name, age, medications and allergies, etc.)

I've got CSV imports working for events. And even though importing corresponding tickets is a little clumsy since you have to somehow match event titles or IDs I've got that working as well.

It's a big pain having to go in after and manually add Ticket Fieldsets to every imported event.

Since saved Ticket Fieldsets are already named please add a CSV import column for those as well.

2 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add register/pay for a session or group of classes

I am trying to sell tickets to a preschool program. It is every other Tuesday and $35 for 8 classes that make up one session. I would like for my clients to pay once for the whole session.

It is not necessarily a recurring event, although I purchased Events Calendar Pro thinking this would be my solution- it wasn't.

3 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• embedded map in list / multiple maps function

My idea is to have a function that would allow for embedding a google map in the individual events within the list of events.

This would also enable adding it to a modal or pop-up if there's not room to show it there for a quick view of the location without leaving the list.

I managed to get so far trying this myself using the tribe_get_embedded_map(); and map templates and added it to a bootstrap modal button. But my issue was this function does not allow for multiple maps per page.

Please vote for this idea! Thanks!

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)