Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our help desk. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Move to trash events older than" setting - option to make this user defined.

We need a way to have past events moved to the trash, but 3 months is too long of a time period. It would be much more useful if that field was user definable. Even 1 day would be better... but an option to trash events that are over would be a better option for us.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  The Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Autofill the Event Tickets header image

Make it possible to add the WooCommerce Product featured image from within the ticket meta-block in the event. I would be perfectly happy with either of three solutions:
    1 reusing the header image
    2 reusing the featured image of the event
    3 selecting a separate image for just this reason.

But can understand if option 1 might conflict with how the image might be used otherwise and option 2 might conflict with the fact that the ticket is stored basically separate from the event, so perhaps option 3 should be it and will save me a lot of time anyway.…

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Link for add event into google calendar can be target="_blank"

It will be great if the link for add events into google calendar will be target="_blank"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. filter events by author

With the "advanced post manager" it is currently not possible to filter by author, nor is it possible to sort by author. This means there is no good way for me to see all of the events from a particular author and edit them, which is incredibly important to ensure quality.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Advanced Post Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Expand bulk print/export attendee actions & check-in functionalities beyond open "edit_others_posts" capability

Bulk print/export attendee actions and check-in functionalities are for "edit_others_posts" capability which makes it too open when creating a custom editor-like role that should only be allowed to access their own content. The bulk attendee actions and check-in are also provided for community ticket event organizers so why can't the same access be given to subscriber-like roles in Events Tickets Plus?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. update the body class if the calendar is used as the homepage

Right now, if the events calendar is set as the homepage, the body class tags do not contain a 'home' identifier. This means themes which rely on that tag to apply formatting only to the main page will not work.

I'm not 100% sure that's the case, but it seems that wordpress relies on the first body tag being 'home' to detect if it's the homepage or not, and the calendar simply won't add that tag when I set it to the homepage.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ticket upsells / custom additional charges

It would be good to be able to have the special information you can add to each ticket monetised. So for instance we sell tickets in a brewery for a special steak night. We would like to be able to have the option on the same ticket to select with drinks or without drinks but the option for with drinks to add £5 on to the ticket price. This way we can sell a smaller array of tickets, which helps out capacity management, but with options that are either non monetised or that can be used as upgrades to that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add additional filter for 'tickets/email.php' email

In the file `/src/Tribe/Meta/Render.php` add an additional filter the meta data to be transformed before the email is sent.
    ```
    $meta_data = apply_filters( 'tribe_event_tickets_plus_email_meta_data', $meta_data, $item );
    ```

Why?
    I have a meta field that stores the user's ID instead of their name so I can use that throughout the application to grab additional information related to the user. So when the email goes out it only shows their user id instead of showing the name of the user.
    Adding this filter will allow me to transform that id into whatever content I would like.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  The Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add option to disable the Attendee Registration page

The new Attendee Registration page is great for people who are just using TEC, but those who have other ecommerce flows on their website, might want to use the existing one.

Please create a filter to allow us to disable this feature, and collect attendee data our own way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. edit single item in series

Hi,

Add a way to edit a single item in a recurring event, so that you can edit one date instead of changing all of them

201 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow organizers to choose their tax rate

It would be great if the Organizer can choose which taxes to apply if any to their event.

So as they add a ticket price, they can add the tax rate.

The tax rates would be chosen from the tax rate table in Woocommerce.

Hope you can make this happen

Jo

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Community Tickets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add true Subscribe Functionality for iCal & Google

Downloading an iCal file is NOT THE SAME as a true subscribe to calendar function where users calendars are updated automatically with new events, changes to events and so forth. It's a total disappointment to find out that the other suggestion was closed when it the suggested feature was clearly not implemented. Having a static download is actually worse because users think they've subscribed and never get updates and have no reason to believe that they aren't getting the latest info.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are planning to add this functionality when we have some open development resources to complete it. Thank you all for your patience!

This snippet changes the “iCal Export” buttons to be webcal:// links, which suggests to calendar applications that they should subscribe instead of downloading the .ics file.

It requires The Events Calendar version 4.6.5 or newer.

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/be034504a2c530495b7d58e704352069

Please reference https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/implementing-custom-code-snippets/ for how to implement custom code snippets and let us know how this works for you.

14. Ability to hide Image Widget title on page but still have it show on Widget admin page.

I have several Image Widgets in my sidebar. If I put a title in, it shows in the sidebar list and makes it easy to figure out which one is which. But then the title also shows on my page and I don't want it there. So if I make the page look the way it should then all my Image Widgets lose their description.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Image Widget Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add additional filter for attendees table to allow searching by custom metadata

In the file `/event-tickets/src/Tribe/Attendees_Table.php` on line 805 there is a filter of `tribe_tickets_search_attendees_by` which allows adding additional searchable fields for attendees. If you can add one more additional filter for the `$items` then we would be able to search by any custom meta data that applies to that attendee.

Here is an example:

New Filter that would go on line 806 (or before the other filter, doesn't really matter)
    ```
    $items = apply_filters( 'tribe_tickets_search_attendees', $items, $search );
    ```

Then in my functions.php I have:
    ```
    /**
    * Add ticket ID as searchable
    */
    add_filter('tribe_tickets_search_attendees_by', function ($search_keys) {
    $search_keys[] = 'ticket_id'; …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. multiple eventbrite providers

Need a way to import MULTIPLE eventBrite events. Right now it appears as though I can only import ONE eventbrite id. This doesn't work for me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Extend date range in event aggregator to allow more than the next 3 months to be imported

I have imports to make from calendars which are only seasonal, e.g. some special events in september only. Unfortunately I cannot aggregate them because i can only go 3 months into the future.

More options would be appreciated here, at least 12 months (or even unlimited if possible and of course on your own risk). I hacked it in now myself but that's not the best solution obviously.

And would the amount limit not still be in place?

(and for the record, I am using the custom url to import from other tribe event calendars)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs dev review  ·  2 comments  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add songkick or bandsintown integration

I would like to be able to create a calendar of live music in my city using your events aggregator feature

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  1 comment  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Satellite view for Google maps

Allow the map view to be set as either satellite or road map, instead of defaulting to road map.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. For the category drop down is it possible to display the number of events in each category

For the category drop down is it possible to display the number of
    events in each category

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base