Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our help desk. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

• Vote for an existing idea (104)
  • or
  1. Additional Fields Should Support Date Fields

I would LOVE IT if additional fields supported dates and date ranges, and the filter bar would search in a date rage.

For instance, our events have a registration open and close date, but we're not responsible for ticketing. To allow our users to see what events have opened recently would be huge. :)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Filter events by date range / day on single venue / organiser pages

It would be nice to be able to filter the events in a single venue by date.
    Consider in the case of a trade show / festival / university model which may have multiple stages / theatres with multiple events occurring over several days. It would be good to display these both in a page and in a widget.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Organize Categories in Community Events submission form

The submission form of Community Events offers all categories. That's good! But if the categories are organized hierarchically, the hierarchy is not visible. The categories are always ordered alphabetically from row to row.

In my opinion the categories should show the hierarchical order like the filter bar plugin. This would be more usable for the submitters.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Community Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to change the ICS download file name.

Ability to change the ICS download file name. Either by using the blog name or a custom name instead of iCal-TribeEvents it could be iCal-BlogName.ics or iCal-Custom-Name.ics

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add a REGION field to venues, and a shortcode to filter venues by REGION.

Add a REGION field to venues, and a shortcode to filter venues by REGION. New York City is technically 1 City, but has 5 boroughs (counties), and many individual cities in those boroughs. A REGION field and shortcode filter would enable us to list venues by borough (e.g., Manhattan, Brooklyn, etc.) or by neighborhood (e.g., Greenwich Village, Hell's Kitchen, Upper East Side, etc.). The next step is to map venues by region.

Just switched from Events Manager (EM). EM maps multiple venues by region, category, and tag. EM displays map points for past events that match those criteria. So you…

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sharing the idea. Perhaps this could also be used as a county field for folks interested in one of those. Some international address formats such as the Dominican Republic which specify a province + locality + sublocality, which this field might also be used for.

In the meantime, I believe supporters might be interested in the following kb post: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/additional-fields-for-venues-and-organizers/

Cheers!
    - The Modern Tribe Support Team

6. Enabling Tags in Community Events

Tags are now used in The Events Calender Pro and the Filter Bar bad sadly not in the Community Events.

It would be great if user could submit new events including tags in two ways: either an input field with autocomplete (like in the WP-Backend) or checkboxes so that the admin can add new tags but community-events users can only select them.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Community Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re happy to announce you can now allow users to add Tags to their events when submitting them to your site.

Don’t worry, they won’t be able to go crazy and add 80 million new tags on your site – in the same way categories work, users can only add existing tags that an admin has created to their event. And if you wish to remove Categories and Tags from the event submission form, you can do so with simple customizations.

Learn more about this and more Community Events updates at https://theeventscalendar.com/community-events-4-5-refresh

7. Control the order of items inside a drop-dow box in the filterbar

Currently I have an Event Checkbox Field called "Audience". I can control the order of choices on the back-end, but in the filter-bar on the front-end, there doesn't seem to be a way to keep things in alphabetical order. Maybe I'm missing a trick to do this, but if I'm not, this would help improve the end-user experience.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make it easy to separate community events from other events

Now, community events (CE) all get merged into the Main event calendar. We have no control to speak of to keep the two separate. I can call just CE, or I can call everything BUT CE, but there is no simple way just remove CEs from the from the MC. All your filters are -inclusive- and you have no -exclude- filters. If our categories change (as they do) with the current setup we also have to edit every -inclusive- call.

2) there is no way for force a category on CEs. Folks adding a new ce have the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  2 comments  ·  Community Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. hide event tickets from wordpress & woocommerce search

Since I run a business that sells services, online courses and physical products next to tickets for small workshops and live courses, and find that in the search results there are a lot of tickets for events (both future and past events) that I really don't want in that results. I can't just filter out the product CPT, because I also have other products in store, I do want to show.

So I really need something (preverably a setting) to prevent event tickets from appearing in the search result (both the general WP-search and the WooCommerce Search). Whatever sollution should…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  2 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Better UI for reviewing pending community events.

I just installed Community Events and am looking for a way to review pending events before publishing them. Being able to review pending events before publishing was one of the highlighted features that motivated me to purchase Community Events.

When I view the community events list (using /events/community/list/), it does not show all the event information, in particular it does not show the description field (which is required), the cost field or the website field. This means that there is no effective way to proof the entries before publishing.

To remedy this, users need to be able to see all…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

longterm roadmap  ·  1 comment  ·  Community Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. No end time option

Though most events have a start time, they often do not have a definate end time. Please add an option not to define an event end time.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good idea! I definitely see how this would be useful for you. One way you can already achieve this is to set the end time of the event to the same as the start time. Only the one time will show, so List View looks something like this (http://d.pr/i/FhYb) and the single event page looks like this (http://d.pr/i/hRxR). However, this doesn’t work if you use the Week View, as the event doesn’t show any time span.

If you want to remove the end time for all of your events, you can use this snippet: https://gist.github.com/ckpicker/75fecbc6209538b1daf2

12. Add more filters to shortcode [tribe_events]

Add more filters and options to the [tribe_events] shortcode so that it can be customized more.

293 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Integrate with Headway theme

At the present time Event Calendar Pro munges the Blogroll and query filters for the Blogroll whenusing Headway development environment. Activated, it causes posts to be listed in random order, and if a Headway query filter is used, it stops working altogether. It works fine when no query filter is used but still causes the Blogroll to appear in random order.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Third Party Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The last post by Headway was in 2016, it indicated that there were some major troubles within their company. They hoped to release an update in the future, but thus far it has failed to materialize. It appears that the theme is now unsupported, and many of its users have switched to other offerings.

Until something changes on their end, it does not make sense for us to support a product they themselves do not. We certainly hope the best for Headway and their team, and hope something does change soon.

Cheers!
    - The Modern Tribe Support Team

14. Improve the search suggestions in a location search bar so they appear "as you type".

A search suggestion in the location search bar needs improvement. Now the suggestions appear after the user hit "Find Events".
    What is a reasoning behind suppressing google snappy suggestions as one types? (as you use theirs api?)
    I have used your site as a test http://wpshindig.com/events/ so it is not the problem with my server.
    The search suggestions would solve a lot of problems and requests reported here about misinterpretation of the city. It would also increase the user awareness on how the search should be phrased. On top of it it would feel more interactive and 21 century;) and…

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Beaver Builder Compatibility - Full Integration So Everything Works

Beaver Builder's Page Builder is hugely popular with over 275K downloads. Right now the widget don't work completely in the page builder. Some functionality is missing and there are bugs.

It would be grand of there could be a concerted effort to make sure Event Calendar is fully compatible with Beaver Builder.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  3 comments  ·  Third Party Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Create Community Specific Calendars

Create a shortcode or filter where the output would limit to a specific community or venue. For example, I want to display a venue and events taking place at that venue specifically without filtering or other options to see other events hosted at other venues.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Community Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ensure content in ajax requests can be json encoded before json encoding.

In version 4.6.20.1 of The Events Calendar, ajax data is not sanitized for non-UTF-8 content prior to json encoding, allowing the request to silently fail.

The list class (the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Template/List.php) has an apply_filters call, but does not capture the return variable, preventing us from solving this ourselves.

Ensure the content can be json_encoded:
    $response['html'] = mb_convert_encoding($response['html'], 'UTF-8');

Or correct the apply filters call:
    $response = apply_filters( 'tribe_events_ajax_response', $response );

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. alert admin of new events submitted

Add some alert to admin dash or header bar that events have been submitted from Community Events. Sometimes I forget to check, so some alert would be helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Community Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Option to automatically list events near to user

The Map View page ordinarily shows a list of upcoming events, until a user input a location into the "Near/Location" field. I would like to automatically fillout the location field for the user when they hit the default map view page. Using geocoding of the visitors IP, or perhaps via a location request, we can retrieve the users location to fillout this field. You could toggle this option on/off in the settings area.

259 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base