Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our help desk. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow HTML markup in Additional Fields

It would be very helpful to be able to use HTML markup and styling in text Additional Fields. I wanted to enter a set of links as a styled list, the result was a string of comma-separated links.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

• Hide remaining tickets

I want to hide the number of remaining tickets, until a certain threshold is met.

At the moment I do that by adding that threshold in src/views/wootickets/tickets.php in line 131
      if ( $remaining && $remaining < $threshold)

It would be nice though, if that threshold could be somehow defined in the Wordpress backend, so that I can for example define a global threshold and can turn that functionality to hide on or off. (Like in woocommerce).
      In addition it would be nice, if for each ticket the threshold could be set individually.
      So for example, the check is then performed. …

7 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Show Number of Events in Filter

Dynamic event count for filters, similar to:
        - SHIRTS (23)
        - SHORTS (15)
        - PANTS (6)
        - HATS (31)

These filters would change as other options are selected, as seen on Amazon and other major sites.

7 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Add a SMS Text messaging option as reminder for events

Having an email and SMS reminder option for events would be great for teams or groups.

168 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Combine the Advanced Filter Bar with Standard Tribe Bar

It would be great if the advanced filter bar completely replaced the standard bar once installed. This was we can maintain the functionality of both, but only have a single filter/search bar on the screen. Right now it is a bit confusing to have two separate filters. I have noticed several complains on the forums and on the feature request page stating that viewers are becoming confused by the filter options and unable to find their desired events. Although many solutions have been proposed, I think merging the two bars would mitigate a majority of the concerns and reduce space…

111 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • One-page Checkout on Event pages

For a streamlined purchase process, put the checkout form directly on the Event page. (See Woocommerce One-Page Checkout by Prospress)

This would also solve the request by several people to be able to skip the Cart page to go direct to Checkout, and might also resolve the issue of quantities being changed in the Cart or at Checkout.

If there were a dynamic panel right above the checkout form that summarized the custom data fields that would also potentially resolve the issue of making changes during checkout that are then not reflected in those fields .

There are a few…

76 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Dropdown in the ticket area

Wouldn't i be nice have a dropdown in the ticket area so the user can just choose a ticket (when having multiple tickets) at that line and not having to scroll down (Bad UX when having many types of tickets). After the ticket is selected the right price is shown and you can just fill in the attendee information and go to the check out.

12 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Limit RSVP or Woocommerce ticket Registration to ONE (or selectable value) for the same event

I think it's necessary have a feature to limit the number of RSVP registrations that a single user can do. It can be useful both with mandatory logging for RSVP registration and with guest users. It doesn't make sense that a single user can register more than one reservation.

16 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please add your votes to this idea, and add your comments to share your use cases.

If we were to implement this, it would be based on the user login, not IP addresses.

In the meantime, one of these snippets may be helpful:
                    - https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/80b33455779b74ec49f6ea3033cb47bf
                    - https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/f148a9cacd726e5a86ffeda2d2e204c1
                    - https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/66bf05df61ee269c60ff20d6f39e2cab

• Allow users to request Attendee Information using Community form (front end)

Being able to request Additional Attendee Information is a fantastic feature we can use when creating a ticket.

However as it stands only the admin can use this. My users who submit their events and request tickets on the front end have no way to use this feature.

They have to contact me and I have to manually add it for them. Very time consuming and not practical for a large site.

Request > Can this functionality be added to the community submission form on the front end.

22 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  3 comments  ·  Community Tickets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • LearnDash Integration

Event Espresso integrates with LearnDash such that event attendees can be added to LD courses or groups. I would love to see a similar integration.

2 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Third Party Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • WooCommerce > Show Attendee information on the checkout page

USER STORIES & GOALS

- I am a customer who added multiple tickets to my WooCommerce shopping cart, I would like to confirm that I filled out the data for each ticket accurately before clicking Proceed to Checkout.
                        - I am a customer who realized that one of the multiple tickets in my cart has inaccurate attendee meta info. I would like to edit only that ticket, or at least remove it from my cart without removing all of the others.

SOME POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS

- When 2+ tickets are added to the cart, each one will appear as a separate…

54 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add Permissions & Capabilities for Ticket Fieldsets

Currently Permissions can be added for:
                          - Events
                          - Venues
                          - Organisers

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/admin-roles-and-permissions/

However there are no capabilities for "Ticket Fieldsets" therefore it uses the "edit_posts" functionality.

You are therefore unable to segment these users from being able to also edit posts.

Would be good to have a set of capabilities for ticket fieldsets
                          i.e.

edit_tribe_ticket
                          read_tribe_ticket
                          delete_tribe_ticket
                          delete_tribe_ticket
                          edit_tribe_ticket
                          edit_others_tribe_ticket
                          delete_others_tribe_ticket
                          publish_tribe_ticket
                          edit_published_tribe_ticket
                          delete_published_tribe_ticket
                          delete_private_tribe_ticket
                          edit_private_tribe_ticket
                          read_private_tribe_ticket

2 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Add event cancellation flag and display canceled events on calendar

We have events (events where attendees come to volunteer) that get canceled from time-to-time and we do not want to remove them completely from the calendar so that volunteers who may be planning to attend can easily see it is canceled vs. just gone completely. Right now we edit the title and put "CANCELED" at the beginning. I would rather see a cancellation flag in the event and the calendar shows a line through the event, the word "CANCELED" is automatically added to the title, etc. (perhaps allow users to choose from 2-3 display options in setup for an event…

159 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Recurrence vs. repeating events

Scenario: A singe event that spans several days at the same time. For example a 3-day seminar or class that is 9:00 am - 3:00 pm on all three days.

As it stands now, when you setup the recurrence pattern, on the calendar it looks like three separate events on separate dates. I would be nice to see it span the dates. More so, if you set a price, on the surface it looks like the price is 'X' amount for each day and not for the entire event.

I have seen this functionality in other premium event calendars.

144 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Google Rich Cards Support?

Google is now going to be having Rich Cards, the evolution of rich snippets. It would be great to be an early adopter and have this support. There is going to be a sitemap feature to these as well with webmaster tools preview.

Note: right not its only for recipes and movies, but im sure they'll be rolling more out.

144 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Connect (sync) with Microsoft Exchange

We need a calendar plugin that will be able to connect to an exchange calendar.

This plugin has most of the features we need in a WP calendar system minus the connection with Exchange.

We are going to be building a 120+ multisite environment and each of those sites need to have a calendar connected to their own calendar within exchange.

See my other suggestion for a different approach.

4 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  1 comment  ·  Third Party Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Option to automatically list events near to user

The Map View page ordinarily shows a list of upcoming events, until a user input a location into the "Near/Location" field. I would like to automatically fillout the location field for the user when they hit the default map view page. Using geocoding of the visitors IP, or perhaps via a location request, we can retrieve the users location to fillout this field. You could toggle this option on/off in the settings area.

254 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• More types and validation options for ticket fieldsets

The ability to save "ticket fieldsets" for re-use is a great time-saver. However, I find myself wanting to have more options for field types and validation options.

Some examples:

1) number field type
                                      2) email validation (could be as simple as validating that entered string is xxx@yyy.zzz where zzz is a valid TLD)
                                      3) phone number validation
                                      4) date validation
                                      5) custom validation

Thanks!

15 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  3 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • suppress category import in Event Aggregator

When importing events, the assigned category often comes with it. I believe this is other wordpress sites. I would like a way to suppress importing other calendar's categories. Just makes a mess and then I have to delete the category.

6 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  3 comments  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Import Google Calendar attached images as event image

I am quite surprised this feature has not been included in a prior iCal Importer update or the release of Event Aggregator.

Can Event Aggregator import the attached image in Google Calendar and use it as the event image for Wordpress? I know this can be done as some other platforms already do this.

I have hundreds of events on my calendar, and adding an image to every single one is not an option.

Thank you!

35 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base