Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our help desk. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Extend date range in event aggregator to allow more than the next 3 months to be imported

I have imports to make from calendars which are only seasonal, e.g. some special events in september only. Unfortunately I cannot aggregate them because i can only go 3 months into the future.

More options would be appreciated here, at least 12 months (or even unlimited if possible and of course on your own risk). I hacked it in now myself but that's not the best solution obviously.

And would the amount limit not still be in place?

(and for the record, I am using the custom url to import from other tribe event calendars)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

needs dev review  ·  2 comments  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Conditional tag that returns true for any view related to Tribe's event plugins

There are several conditional tags that check if certain views are being displayed like "tribe_is_month()", "tribe_is_day()", "tribe_is_map()", "tribe_is_event()", "tribe_is_venue()" etc.

But if you need to check if _any_ of the event related views are displayed, you need to combine many of this checks in one huge functions.

There are several examples available online that try to solve this (http://pastebin.com/c4yujaZC, https://gist.github.com/jo-snips/2415009, https://clicknathan.com/web-design/tribe-events-calendar-conditional-tag/ etc.) but they are incomplete (not covering all views) and "cumbersome" to use because every "tribe_is_..." functions should be wrapped with `function_exists()`.

I believe a function that returns true for _all_ event related views should be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add names/aliases to imports

iCalendar imports don't have the ability to be named, which makes working with them confusing – I have a whole bunch of imports called "calendar", and I don't know which is which.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Resize pictures automatically and speed up pages

The events calendar has options to show events in widgets and in the calendar. There it always uses the standard wordpress pictures and does not resize them. This is a problem for users, as they have to load a lot of data. It also reduces the page rank at Google.
    Therefore I want the plugin to resize the images automatically to save data and rank better in Google.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enable Additional Fields support in Other URL imports

I believe that the use case is a valuable one. We have a group event calendar whereby having Additional Fields import capability could be utilized to easily customize various event listings coming in from various "Other URL" scheduled imports from participating organizations. Everyone would use the same set of Additional Fields to specify information about their event. We would then use these field values as variables for controlling the ultimate display of the event item at runtime.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a test qrcode that can be used to test Event Tickets Plus app

It would be extremely useful to have a test qrcode which can be used to test the event tickets plus app.
    As well, it would be helpful to have a log of scans.
    And the message for a completed scan should read "Ticket Checked In"
    In fact, there is no reason why this message couldn't be customised.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add payment method on e-ticket.

It would be helpful, if the payment method would be stated on the e-ticket, which the user/guest prints out at home and brings to the event.

Some people are still old fashion and would much rather pay at the door than online and to accommodate this, the user can order tickets online, check "Pay at the door" as payment method and prints out the e-ticket. However, in order for the usher/clerk to know, if the ticket has been paid for, it should state the payment method on the ticket.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make gigpress responsive

Can you make the gigpress shows (future/past) layout truly responsive?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  3 comments  ·  GigPress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Import from Active.com and RunSignUp.com - both have APIs

Would be great to pull from both of these sites. They have APIs for this and affiliate programs. Displaying events from these sites could be a revenue generator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ticket sales via Stripe without Woo

The recently released Event Tickets with Paypal is great, but purchasers still have to leave your web site and go out to Paypal. It would be great if this solution also included Stripe, which allows you to have the credit card form on the order page.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  1 comment  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Additional Fields Should Support Date Fields

I would LOVE IT if additional fields supported dates and date ranges, and the filter bar would search in a date rage.

For instance, our events have a registration open and close date, but we're not responsible for ticketing. To allow our users to see what events have opened recently would be huge. :)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add "Ticket Fieldset" to CSV import for tickets.

My client offers after-school events per quarter for dozens of schools. Every event has a required ticket fieldset (child's name, age, medications and allergies, etc.)

I've got CSV imports working for events. And even though importing corresponding tickets is a little clumsy since you have to somehow match event titles or IDs I've got that working as well.

It's a big pain having to go in after and manually add Ticket Fieldsets to every imported event.

Since saved Ticket Fieldsets are already named please add a CSV import column for those as well.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  2 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make Filter Bar compatible with shortcoded calendars

Would be nice to add the filter bar feature to every page with a calendar via shortcode, not only in the event page.

Then it would allow you to make filtered calendars on pages, and let to the user play with the other fields to check information.

210 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

ticketed for consideration  ·  42 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve Photo View layout

A major frustration when using Photo View is that if an event is slightly larger than the others it can throw out how the events are displayed on the page and rather than having dates in order, left to right across the page, they display out of order so that some rows are from left to right and other rows are from right to left. This is my favourite view but is counter intuitive for visitors to the site who expect their to be a natural order for viewing the events.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show The Events Calendar link - configure to "open in new tab" rather than replacing the

Would like to include the "Powered by Events Calendar Pro" link on my client's calendars (to share the love and tell the world how awesome the plugin is) however, the link needs to open in a new tab rather than replace my clients calendar page. A simple mark-up is all that is needed.

Tom

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Event Tickets: Reset Deleted Attendees count on Attendees list

Need a way to reset the 'Deleted Attendees' count on the Attendees list. After we delete all Orders, all Attendees, and reset the Products total_sales to 0, it is still showing the prior 'Deleted Attendees' count. We have yearly recurring events, so we re-use the same events each year. Copying the event to a new one doesn't help, it still retains that count as soon as you place an order on the new event.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  1 comment  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Featured Image for Calendar Share

Featured Image for Calendar Share

If you want to share your calendar on Social Media (like LinkedIn or Facebook) those sites will automatically pick up an image to display whether you like it or not.

At the moment there is no way to control that image in the Calendar settings. By default Facebook or Linkedin will just pick up the first available image from your website which in most cases, will have nothing to do with your Events Calendar.

All Tribe need to do is add the option in settings to upload an image you want to display when you…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow the sale of other WooProducts with tickets on events page

Often there are items tied into an event Organizer would like to sell at the time of purchasing tickets (event t-shirts, caps, journal Ads). As confirmed with support there is no way to show these add-one on the events page. Suggest a feature where an organizer could add existing WooCommerce products to be sold with tickets. Note that for simplicity these would be products to be picked up at event (no need to go through the shipping dialogue).

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add more frequency options to Event Aggregator automatic imports

Right now, the automatic import frequency options in Event Aggregator go from hourly to daily with no options in between. Those are hugely different for how up to date the calendar would be. I'd like either a few options in between (ie every two hours, every three hours, every six hours) or the ability to manually choose the frequency.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  4 comments  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Register multiple attendees in one purchase under separate names & email

When someone clicks to 3 RSVPs attending - I want to have them add each individual attendee name. Right now RSVPs are only allowed to enter one name.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base