Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our help desk. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Merge locations

OMG I love Event Aggregator. But now that it's importing from third party calendars (Facebook and Google Calendars etc) the locations section is a mess of duplicate locations. I don't know the correct terminology, but could there be a system which allows locations to be merged, and it learns the terminology (so it knows that "the flying nun" and "flying nun" are the same location). Thanks!!!

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

needs more votes  ·  2 comments  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Register multiple attendees in one purchase under separate names & email

When someone clicks to 3 RSVPs attending - I want to have them add each individual attendee name. Right now RSVPs are only allowed to enter one name.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  12 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a search to the scheduled imports

I have 7 pages of scheduled imports and sometimes need to find one of them. Would save a LOT of time over the years if I could just search instead of browsing through 7 pages. Please add to the next upgrade!

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

ticketed for consideration  ·  13 comments  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. have shared capacity available for csv import

When importing events and tickets. They should really have the option shared capacity available. As this is not available you have to do this manually or by manipulating the database.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  1 comment  ·  CSV Importer functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Extend the REST API endpoint /events to filter events by categories

The Swagger documation of the events calender REST API mentions the parameter categories. But if this parameter is set in requests the API repsonds with HTTP ERROR 400.
    I suggest to extend the API to correspond with the swagger documentation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs dev review  ·  0 comments  ·  Events API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Optimize / clean up event submit form by removing selectable options

A switch in the settings to hide or turn off the follwowing fields in the event submit form would be useful:
    d) Timezone (not necessary if there are only events of one country/region)
    e) Recurring events (not every calendar needs them)

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  10 comments  ·  Community Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Advanced Post Manager: Add "Event Time" column

We typically have 6 or more events in a day between two venues. We'd like to be able to view and sort by date and time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Advanced Post Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to perform a CSV import from any URL

The free CSV importer should be able to import from any publicly-accessible URL instead of having to first upload to WordPress.

Additional functionality (worth paying for in the sense that it could be only available with an Event Aggregator license) I'd like to see is the ability to set intervals for scheduling re-importing from a CSV URL.

One-time and scheduled CSVs via URL would be useful for getting data from other sites that aren't running The Events Calendar (which Event Aggregator can already handle) and for situations where a third party is providing the data to us, sometimes on regular…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  CSV Importer functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. categories for organizers & venues

In PRO version of your plug-in need categories for organizers & venues.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Woocommerce: Sales by Event Category Report

Hi there,

I would like to be able to see a report within Woocommerce: Sales by Event Category.

At the moment this is a feature within the Events Calendar for Event Categories, but there is no way to measure the sales of a specific category. Therefore if we invest Google marketing into a specific event category there is no easy evaluation of sales.

At the moment you can search by specific event, but we have 100s of events.

Cheers.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Customize Community Events Endpoints

Would be great to have the ability to change the slugs/endpoints for the pages generated by the Community Events Plugin.
    Even simply adding a filter to the multiple `$router->add_route` lines and the `communityRewriteSlug()` in Tribe\Main.php would go a long way to helping devs better integrate Community Events into their sites.

The most obvious use case is for sites building a User Panel: the ability to move the user's events list to my-account/events, (/add, etc), but any site that has multiple user actions that need to be managed (WooCommerce, BuddyPress/BBPress, the myriad of Directory, Classified, Buy Ads, subscription management, etc) would…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs dev review  ·  1 comment  ·  Community Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow HTML markup in Additional Fields

It would be very helpful to be able to use HTML markup and styling in text Additional Fields. I wanted to enter a set of links as a styled list, the result was a string of comma-separated links.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a filter for deleted, canceled, completed orders on the attendees list

the ability to filter out the attendees that are not going with the ones that are going by determining the order status. this would be best as a part of the text input box that is labeled "Filter by purchaser name, ticket #, order # or security code: "

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  1 comment  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hide remaining tickets

I want to hide the number of remaining tickets, until a certain threshold is met.

At the moment I do that by adding that threshold in src/views/wootickets/tickets.php in line 131
    if ( $remaining && $remaining < $threshold)

It would be nice though, if that threshold could be somehow defined in the Wordpress backend, so that I can for example define a global threshold and can turn that functionality to hide on or off. (Like in woocommerce).
    In addition it would be nice, if for each ticket the threshold could be set individually.
    So for example, the check is then performed. …

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Remember sorting preference in backend

When you sort by date in admin backend, it doesn't remember your sorting preferences. Advanced Post Manager doesn't have an option to set a default sorting order too.

The original order (start date, descrending) is not great for me because I rarely need to work on events from 2020 and I'd much rather have ascending order.

Option to hide events past ending date (and remembering the settings) would be a nice feature on top of that.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Advanced Post Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add a SMS Text messaging option as reminder for events

Having an email and SMS reminder option for events would be great for teams or groups.

173 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. One-page Checkout on Event pages

For a streamlined purchase process, put the checkout form directly on the Event page. (See Woocommerce One-Page Checkout by Prospress)

This would also solve the request by several people to be able to skip the Cart page to go direct to Checkout, and might also resolve the issue of quantities being changed in the Cart or at Checkout.

If there were a dynamic panel right above the checkout form that summarized the custom data fields that would also potentially resolve the issue of making changes during checkout that are then not reflected in those fields .

There are a few…

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show Number of Events in Filter

Dynamic event count for filters, similar to:
    - SHIRTS (23)
    - SHORTS (15)
    - PANTS (6)
    - HATS (31)

These filters would change as other options are selected, as seen on Amazon and other major sites.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow users to request Attendee Information using Community form (front end)

Being able to request Additional Attendee Information is a fantastic feature we can use when creating a ticket.

However as it stands only the admin can use this. My users who submit their events and request tickets on the front end have no way to use this feature.

They have to contact me and I have to manually add it for them. Very time consuming and not practical for a large site.

Request > Can this functionality be added to the community submission form on the front end.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  3 comments  ·  Community Tickets  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base