Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our help desk. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

• Vote for an existing idea (104)
  • or
  1. add a default to filter in one category for calendar then give users the option to filer more in

We have so many events on the calendar that visually it is too much with all of them on there. I would like a default setting that brings up just featured events first and then the user would "add in" more events to the calendar based of of the categories the user chooses to add.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  The Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improved Support for Custom Taxonomies & Terms

Currently, creating a custom taxonomy for events leaves the resulting taxonomy/term listing page using a template other than the one from The Events Calendar (previously brought up here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/custom-taxonomy-template/)

I used the workaround to append ?post_type=tribe_events to the URL of the page to have it trigger the calendar to show.

Ideally, this should be more native than having to filter links to terms being applied to calendar to have the resulting page show the calendar.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sort events in API

The sorting is lost if there any filtering params for /events API endpoint. Ex: https://wpshindig.com/wp-json/tribe/events/v1/events?start_date=2018-01-01+00:00:00 it starts with the events in Jan, even if there are events for Jun/Jul

Here's a example which the API doesn’t support now:
    – show events between May 1, 2018 – May 31, 2018 sorted from newest to oldest. A parameters like order=desc would fix this

There are more details in this thread https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sort-events-in-api

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs dev review  ·  0 comments  ·  Events API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Categorize imported Facebook Events

It would be awesome to be able to set a category for imported Facebook events.

FB Page A -> after each import automatically apply category x-z (list)
    FB Page B -> after each import automatically apply category x-z (list)

This feature empowers tribe customers to build comprehensive calendars based on many fetched events from different FB pages! Because: The category filter is the KEY for a clear overview when you have masses of events. FB has NO categories - guys this feature give your customer a powerful tool to build better event overview than facebook can deliver.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Shortcode to display all Event Categories used

I would love to see a shortcode that scrobbles all event categories used (with filter parameters built in, of course) in much the same way that Wordpress can scrobble all post categories by default in a sidebar widget. Also, some kind of automated Javascript that gives you the option (maybe in the settings or back-end) to specify which pages you'd like to display the event category widget on (i.e. all event-related pages, everything under /event and /events) would be awesome.

I could definitely see the utility of this feature in other applications besides just a sidebar event categories…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add overview of attendees to calendar events

I have 20+ events and would like to get an overview of number of attendees to the events. As it is today we have to click every single event to see how many attendees are joining.

Basically all we need is an added column to the existing events overview (wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events) with the current number of attendees.

The thread (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/single-overview-of-ticket-attendees/#post-1124416) also discusses this feature, and Joe has brought a temporary solution that is very limited in use of both sorting and filtering, however better than the current solution.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Developer mode to wave limits in Aggregator for a day

While developing a site using the Events Aggregator, we are doing a lot of imports. We test the keywords, they don't work quite right, so we edit the entries in Google Calendar and then try it again. While developing, we do a lot of importing. If we get one going and our team starts doing data entry, we have it set to import every 30 minutes. We are making good progress. Now testing and working on another keyword filter and we've hit our limit. We won't need anywhere close to 100 once we go live, but during the development time,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Event Aggregator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, Dan. Thanks for your detailed request. Due to the potential for abuse, we choose to handle this on a case-by-case basis. Please post this question to our Event Aggregator support forum (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/forum/events/event-aggregator/). We could probably issue you an additional license (possibly one greater than 100 imports)-level for a week’s time at no charge, just as a thought off the top of my head.

8. Customize Community Events Endpoints

Would be great to have the ability to change the slugs/endpoints for the pages generated by the Community Events Plugin.
    Even simply adding a filter to the multiple `$router->add_route` lines and the `communityRewriteSlug()` in Tribe\Main.php would go a long way to helping devs better integrate Community Events into their sites.

The most obvious use case is for sites building a User Panel: the ability to move the user's events list to my-account/events, (/add, etc), but any site that has multiple user actions that need to be managed (WooCommerce, BuddyPress/BBPress, the myriad of Directory, Classified, Buy Ads, subscription management, etc) would…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs dev review  ·  1 comment  ·  Community Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. QR code or Bar Code on tickets that can be scanned with QR Code reader ( or even an app?)

I think it would be an incremental step to just get QR codes printed on tickets - then you could use any QR app to scan the QR Code which then

1. updates the database / marks the person as attending

2. Shows the person holding the phone a confirmation / not confirmed message.

Then perhaps this could be upgraded to an actual app - because switching from safari back to the QR code reader app would be a pain in the butt.

For now, we're going to use Event Espresso for events that need a scanner.. but sooo nice…

240 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Howdy folks! We’re happy to say that this feature is ready, complete and will be included in Version 4.0. We expect that to release sometime today so please do keep you eyes peeled.

Thanks again for showing us how important this feature is and helping us build it out. We hope you enjoy it. :)

Cheers!

10. Allow different page layouts for calendar views and single events

I would love if the calendar was one page layout (in my case full width) and an event page a different one (in my case with a sidebar). The calendar needs lots of room so it makes it sense to display it full width but for an event page I would like to show ads and other content in a sidebar.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Redirecting to Next Recurring Event Instance

My client needed a way to properly redirect a recurrent event URL to the next upcoming instance. I find it hard to disagree with their logic.

To accomplish this, I’ve had to manually edit the plugin. I want to show my work to 1) encourage this to be filterable by a developer and/or 2) see if there’s a better way.

In events-calendar-pro.php on line 390, I’ve updated the function to look through recurring instances, find any in the future, and redirect to that instead of ‘/all’: https://gist.github.com/logoscreative/94bb1d29b2a4df2750c5

I’d love for this to be done with hooks instead of hacks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow events with same title and time in different venues

Consider the following CSV, where two distinct events with identical titles and times happen at two venues simultaneously:

https://gist.github.com/stevygee/6d657e3585af3a0f4ef6edfed7a2359a

I was expecting the importer two add two events from these two records. However, since it only compares title and date, it wrongly assumes these are identical. The importer adds an event from the first record, then updates it with data from the second record.

The fix would be quite easy, either:
    https://gist.github.com/stevygee/51f9822aa873414baa1b137188ceef6f

Otherwise, please allow us to filter $query_args in File_Importer_Events.php line 59 so developers can tweak how events are matched.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  CSV Importer functionality  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add option to reorder zip and city for certain countries

In quite a few european countries, the usual (and also "correct" in terms of what postal services expect on an envelope) way to write addresses is like this:

Venue Name
    Street 23
    12345 City
    Country

While the notation of street and number ("123, Park Avenue" vs. "Hauptstraße 17") isn’t an issue (since it’s only one field in the database), addresses like "Berlin, 12345 Deutschland" (instead of the correct "12345 Berlin, Deutschland" are quite disturbing.

I am aware that src/views/modules/address.php could be customized by the user, but I would strongly suggest to add an option to reorder zip and city. This…

121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. [Multisite] A single calendar on the front page and it should contain ALL events across the network.

At this time, there is no way to share the calendar across sites. Each subsite has it’s own calendar.

Add or share all network sites events (from the multisite installs) from their calendars to the main WP install calendar. I mean I want to have a single calendar on the front page and it should contain ALL events across the network.

I think it is a cool idea and you can see how that could be super useful & time saving.

Can this be done?

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Tickets RSVP Reply-To option

It would be great to be able to add a 'Reply-To' address to the ticket emails sent to people RSVP-ing. My client's global domain is different from the domain of the website, so I need an easy, 'return email' way for RSVP-ers to be able to contact the organisers.

To accomplish this I've altered the 'headers' code in the wp_mail filter in the core file RSVP.php, in the Tribe directory, but this far from ideal. My changes will disappear with the next update.

So, requesting either:

1) a GUI option to add a 'Reply-To' (and others may like cc's or…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Display search results in list view when month is default view

When doing a keyword search when month/calendar view is default, it would be much more user friendly to display a list if search results of all future events rather than just searching and displaying those (if any) in the current month and having to scroll through.

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Event statistics report

Our organization would like an easy way to compile event statistics for a specific time period (calendar year, for example). TEC doesn't include any such reporting functionality and I'm not aware of any 3rd party solutions to this other than using an SQL tool.

Data that we would be interested in includes:

* number of events in the time period
    * number of tickets sold in the time period
    * total revenue for the time period

Thanks!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Register multiple attendees in one purchase under separate names & email

When someone clicks to 3 RSVPs attending - I want to have them add each individual attendee name. Right now RSVPs are only allowed to enter one name.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  12 comments  ·  Event Tickets/Events Tickets Plus  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Create an alternative list of States - Provinces the style of the of Countries.

The creation of an alternative list of states would serve all users to create a list of your Country Provinces and thus can even limit state is directed to the Calendar Eventes and that Country .

Eg . I live in Spain in the province of Navarra and just want to include events from my province and bordering this would be in Spain ( Gipuzkoa , La Rioja , Zaragoza, Alava,
    Huesca ) and France (Pyrenees-Atlantiques , Hautes Pyrenees ) .

Since other lists Countries already implemented , I select :
    ES, Spain
    FR, France

With an alternative list of…

129 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Personal Calendar

let users create a private section of the calendar for their own personal events and reminders

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  2 comments  ·  New plugin ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base