Feature Ideas

Hey there and welcome to our feature request forum for The Events Calendar, Event Tickets and all of the premium plugins we develop provide on TheEventsCalendar.com!

We’re always looking for new and awesome ways to improve our products. We think they’re pretty great out of the box, but we also know that there are often things that could make them even better for how folks like yourself use them in the real world. Our tools help the right people, get to the right place at the right time. How can we improve our products and make them super awesome for you and your users? That’s where we can use your help!

If there are features that our products do not currently support but you think would be a huge added value for you and lots of other people, then please share them here with us. The submission form will walk you through a few quick questions to get the ball rolling.

Before posting your idea, here are a few tips that will help make your request stand out and succeed:

• Look to see if someone else has suggested the same idea, or something very similar. Many ideas are being submitted and it’s very possible that another request already exists. In that case, add your vote to the existing request.
  • Be as descriptive as possible. What does the feature do? Where would it be located? Who would use it? How does this improve the overall experience of managing an events calendar in WordPress?
  • Use mockups, if possible. Pictures are worth a thousand words and having a visual often brings a greater level of clarity to an idea.

Please not, this is not a place to get support or ask questions about how the plugin works. If you need help, please visit our help desk. If you use our free core plugin, you can post in our forum on WordPress.org.

• Vote for an existing idea (104)
  • or
  1. Filter Bar as a Widget

The filter bar looks great but it creates a new column, taking up valuable space.

I'd like a WIDGET that calls the filter bar functionality. That way, if you're already using sidebars, you can simply plug activate the filter bar in a sidebar and NOT create that additional column! It would save a LOOOOOOT of space...

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

needs more votes  ·  3 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Combine the Advanced Filter Bar with Standard Tribe Bar

It would be great if the advanced filter bar completely replaced the standard bar once installed. This was we can maintain the functionality of both, but only have a single filter/search bar on the screen. Right now it is a bit confusing to have two separate filters. I have noticed several complains on the forums and on the feature request page stating that viewers are becoming confused by the filter options and unable to find their desired events. Although many solutions have been proposed, I think merging the two bars would mitigate a majority of the concerns…

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a filter for 'Month' to the filter bar

When you have hundreds or thousands of events, there needs to be an option to filter by month in the filter bar, especially when viewing in list view.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Integrate Filter Bar with WPML

Here it says that Filter Bar is not integrated with WPML and that there are no plans: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/wpml-support/

I vote for integrating this with a high priority.

There is one forum post from Barry, which gives an idea: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/hook-into-filter-bars-event-category-to-achieve-wpml-translation/

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve customizability of Filter Bar

I'm not able to tell from the tutorials or documentation if this is already possible with the Filter Bar or not.

Instead of using the out-of-the-box filters, can we use our custom categories, and sub-categories? How about custom taxonomies? This way, users can drill down into events that are specific to my categories.

Unfortunately, being held to only the out-of-the box filters I can't use this calendar or plugin.

Would love to see the Filter Bar expanded to incorporate this.

Thanks!

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This was added in Filter Bar 3.6. Check your Plugins and Updates pages for an update notice!

Filter Bar 3.6 will make it far easier to customize the existing suite of filters. It’s also worth noting that, with some programming know-how, it’s already possible to set up and register your own filters – and certainly if you want to integrate with custom taxonomies that is likely to be the best path forward here.

6. Show status of activated filters in Horizontal Filterbar

The new filter bar is awesome! Hiding, resetting are in view, but… it is hard to see, if there were any filters active without opening the filter options or the bar is closed.

Maybe it is useful to show a short message like "Filter active" below the Filter-Reset link, if any filter/s is/are chosen.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make Filter Bar compatible with shortcoded calendars

Would be nice to add the filter bar feature to every page with a calendar via shortcode, not only in the event page.

Then it would allow you to make filtered calendars on pages, and let to the user play with the other fields to check information.

230 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

ticketed for consideration  ·  42 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Filters in "Filter Bar" based on Additional Fields

How about making the expensive Filter Bar compatible to use The Events Calendars “Additional Fields” as filters?

The Filter Bar is very locked as doesn't take advantage of the great Additional Fields" option already available.

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Howdy folks! We’re happy to say that this feature is ready, complete and will be included in Version 4.0. We expect that to release sometime today so please do keep you eyes peeled.

Thanks again for showing us how important this feature is and helping us build it out. We hope you enjoy it. :)

Cheers!

9. Hide options without upcoming events

If a filter option does not have a corresponding upcoming event, hide it from the filter itself.

For example, if I have created a venue called "Alozaina" and there are no upcoming events using that venue, do not show that as an option in the Venues filter.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  3 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add ability to change the url parameter name in the Filter Bar from "tribe_" to "*somethinghere_*"

Add ability to change the url parameter name in the Filter Bar from:

/?tribe_city=

to
    /?somethinghere_city=

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs dev review  ·  0 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Filter Bar should respect unit of measurement

Hi there, just bought pro version and the filter bar.
    Even if it fits mostly german the dropdownbox in the distance selection shows me miles not kilometers. Tryed to update .po files but there isn´t anything to change this. It´s same with the Field Location NEAR ... how can i fix this? Please help us :) we got to release soon.

BTW I Love this work, you guys did a great job.
    Greets
    Ron

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Category filed in tribe events filter bar

Need a category filter so that along side date and search text we can filter by category

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Additional Fields filtering

I need to know if the filter bar supports "Additional Fields" like these:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-additional-fields/

We're running the PRO version, with community events extension, but need to filter by "Additional Fields" options.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Marc,
    This sounds more like a support question. In these cases I kindly ask you to turn to our support forums on theeventscalendar.com

As for your question, with Pro you can create the additional fields which then you can set for every event.
    Then with filter bar you can use those fields as filtering options.
    Hope this helps!
    Cheers

14. Date Range Picker

You can only pick a start date with 3.0.

If you have many hundreds of events coming up, many of them at the same location, map view becomes an unwieldy mess.

I suggest, like Google Analytics, the option to pick a RANGE.

183 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. allow for customization of active filters to appear open/closed

I would like to configure the filter bar so that only certain active
    filters appear in the open default state while other active filters need
    to be expanded to be seen.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

A few months back we requested clarification on how this would work. But since we have not heard back we are going to close it for now. If you would like something similar please add it as a new idea so we can review it. The more specific you are the better. :)

Cheers!
    - The Modern Tribe Support Team

16. Filter by U.S. State (taken from Venue)

I would like to submit “Filter by Location” or “Filter by State” as s feature request. The Venue filter is helpful, but can be to small in scope. Many people who use event calendars have events in many locations. If i have events all over the U.S., my users may want to filter by U.S. state.

The State/Province is already in the system under Venue.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add filter by City

We would like the ability to search by either City or Venue. Currently only the venue is ability. Can you add City to the filter bar?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option to display distance in filter bar as range slider

Like price filter, which have the option to select the price with the range slider, would be great to have the same option for the distance filter.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs more votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Filter Bar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a Filter Bar to sort events by category

Being able to filter by date, event type and location would be great!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hi there.. Does the filter bar support "Additional Fields" - or how can we filter out events by "Additional Field"?

We need our browsers to filter events by "Additional Fields" - so that people can filter out events that only pertain to their Province or State, for example.. these needed to be loaded as "Additional Field" items..

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base